Advertising & Public Relations
A thorough introduction to the types and aims of advertising and the advertising environment, and the purposes of public relations and its use and implementation for maximum benefit.
Description: A unique Program for anyone involved in, or aiming to enter, or who needs an understanding of the advertising and public relations world. All advertising, PR, sales and marketing managers, business owners, managers and sales staff need a good understanding of the types, functions and features of advertising, of media and agencies, and their role in promoting the products and services of an organization, and achieving profitable sales. Good public relations positively contributes to the overall impression held by customers and other stakeholders, and to the success of enterprises; therefore managers/administrators must be aware of the benefits of good PR, know how to manage, prepare and conduct effective PR programmes and campaigns, and how to manage PR companies and clients.
(1) For the period 1st April to 30th June 2020, anyone enrolling for this Program will also be enrolled free for a Course on Leadership & Organisation;
(2) During the "Covid-19" (Corona) virus pandemic, Members may opt to take an Assignment (home-based course work) instead of an Examination to complete the Program.
- Summary of major topics
- What is included
- Related courses
- Study & Career development
Major Topics Covered in this Diploma Program include:
- Advertising, advertisers and advertisements; the aims, features and types of advertising.
- The importance of advertising to producers, vendors, consumers and the media.
- Types of advertisers: individuals, business, others.
- Markets, marketing, communication, media representatives.
- Advertising media: print, broadcast, direct-mail, transit, cinema, radio, television.
- Website design & production.
- Speciality and point of sale advertising.
- Features of media, and choosing the best options.
- Advertising agencies: their functions, organisation, staff, departments.
- Advertising agencies: the work performed in them; advertising executives and their duties.
- Managing advertising and PR agencies: account groups, payments, revenues, fees.
- Creating print, radio and television advertisements.
- The advertising copy and the illustrated advertising message.
- Copywriting - the process and considerations, style and effectiveness.
- The principles and considerations of design and layout.
- Creating and preparing radio and television advertisements; the types, the planning, the elements, the production.
- Direct mail advertising; the types, aims and components.
- Impact, persuasion and effective design of literature.
- Public relations theory and practice: objectives, research, programmes, techniques.
- Communication, goodwill and public opinion.
- PR compared to advertising and sales promotions; PR and media management.
- PR provision - internal PR departments, external PR consultancies, the advantages and management of both types.
- The qualities needed of PR managers and staff; the main PR activities.
- PR budgets, client accounts and account management, costs and billing clients.
- PR programmes and advertising campaigns; analysing the situation and attitudes, deciding on priorities and the target audience, selecting the media and techniques to use, measuring the results.
- Sales promotion - aims, features, methods, control and the promotional mix.
- Promotions and their relation to advertising, and the role of personal selling.
- Introducing new products; convincing consumers and commercial buyers.
- The planning and operation of a full promotional campaign; strategy, targets, marketing activities, the PR angle.
- Measuring PR and advertising effectiveness; pre- and post- advertising and PR measurements, techniques.
- Social media, internet and web adverts and design, their development and effects.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE MODEST CIC FEE
Your CIC Fee includes:-
- Your enrolment/registration with Cambridge International College, and your own high-quality, professionally produced and illustrated comprehensive International CIC Study & Training Publications.
- A detailed, professional ‘Study & Training Guide’ with full instructions on how to study to achieve success and gain top results. The Guide includes detailed advice on how to answer Self-Assessment Tests, Training Tests and Examinations.
- Self-Assessment Tests and Recommended Answers for them, and a Progress Chart.
- Two Progress/Training Tests (which can be used as ‘Past Papers/Questions’) with an optional Tutorial Support Service.
- The Final Examination** sat under Invigilation/Supervision in your own area - full details, guidance and explanation of how your Examination will be arranged and how Invigilation is conducted will be provided when you register. Note, CIC arranges Examinations in over a hundred countries worldwide for thousands of Members every year; it is a flexible, straightforward process and will be arranged when YOU are ready to write your Examination. **An Assignment Option is available instead of an Exam for the ‘Covid-19’ (Corona) virus period - currently until 30th June 2020.
- The prestigious Cambridge International College Diploma on successful completion of your Study & Training and on passing the Final Examination.
- Your personal page on CIC’s Member Services website with access to results, despatch details, advice and guidance, and more: www.cambridgeinternationalcollege.co.uk
- Regular information and news including: Newsletters with details of special offers and new Programs and much more; and Competition Forms; by email and post.
Everything needed for your Study & Training success is included in the CIC Fee.
- Further Study and Training Advice, and Assistance is available before, during and after CIC Study & Training; Members may ask CIC’s team of experienced Consultants for advice on further study and Programmes to improve career prospects and advancement.
- CIC’s experienced and helpful staff can assist with numerous special requests, such as reference/recommendation letters and transcripts, and more, by post and email.
- Sales Management & Marketing Diploma 12 months (flexible)
- Mass Media & Communication Diploma 12 months (flexible)
- Marketing Administration Honours (Higher) Diploma 21 months (flexible)
- Marketing Strategy Mastery of Management Graduate Diploma One year (flexible)
- Marketing Administration (BMA) Baccalaureate 2 years (flexible)
The Program is a good route to higher studies including in general management, business and administration, and in sales, marketing, global marketing and communications, media studies and related areas. Further study at Honours Diploma, Baccalaureate and EBA is available, expanding into and including sales, marketing, global marketing and communications, media studies and a wide range of general, specific and management related areas.
The course is ideal for sales personnel, marketers, advertising and PR personnel and business people who are already employed in this field, and also for men and women looking to enter this interesting career area or set up their own businesses. It is also a course for men and women wishing to gain promotion, in those career areas, or simply looking to increase managerial ability and skills in advertising and public relations. All managers, entrepreneurs, business people and executives can benefit greatly from a good understanding of these twin areas and how to employ them best to gain success and good returns for their organisations. The range of career opportunities for skilled and trained advertising and PR personnel is wide and includes include sales, marketing, global marketing and communications, media studies, and more. The knowledge and understanding, techniques and approaches, gained from this informative and interesting Program will benefit anyone looking to gain a successful career in advertising, PR and the wider media, marketing and sales promotion environment.
There is a wide range of options for further study - see the "Related Courses" section for suggestions - which include Honours Diplomas, ABA & Baccalaureate Programmes, and the 'Double Award' EBA & BBA Bachelor degree Programme. You are welcome to ask the College for advice, and of course you can see details of these Programmes on this website.
Sign up to this course
Duration & Assessments
The Study Period is one year (12 months) but this is flexible; the Diploma can be completed in a shorter period, or you can take longer if necessary.READ MORE »
To gain your Diploma you need to sit and pass an Examination** (based entirely upon the contents of the Study Materials provided to you in your Program Fee). Full and clear details about preparing for and sitting the Exam are provided to you, including in your Study & Training Guide, when you enrol. The clear information explains when, where and how your Examination will be arranged - it is a simple and straightforward process, which hundreds of thousands of other Members have successfully gone through. If you study well and follow the advice in the CIC Study & Training Guide you should be able to achieve high marks and good grades - and obtain your prestigious International Diploma!
**An Assignment Option is available instead of an Exam for the ‘Covid-19’ (Corona) virus period - currently until 30th June 2020.
(See the College Prospectus, or the “Frequently Asked Questions” section on the “Contact Us” page of this website, if you would like more information.)
An international accredited qualification for professional development and career success showing you have substantial skills, competence and knowledge.