Sales Management & Marketing
A Program which provides training for career success in the vital fields of sales and marketing, and the skills needed for success as a manager in marketing and sales.
Marketing is often viewed as the most important function of any organisation; without effective marketing activities an organisation will be out of touch with customer needs, market situations and developments; and customers will not know about or have access to the products and services of the business. Along with the top-class selling ability required for success, knowledge is needed about markets, market research, distribution channels, marketing strategies, advertising, publicity, public relations, pricing strategies and more. Sales/marketing managers must also manage staff: recruit, motivate, guide, train and control them, and plan and organise their activities. This practical Program provides training on the wide-ranging duties of sales and marketing managers in the highly competitive world of business.
(1) For the period 1st April to 30th September 2020, anyone enrolling for this Program will also be enrolled FREE for a Course on Leadership & Organisation if you provide a personal email address;
(2) During the "Covid-19" (Corona) virus pandemic, Members may opt to take an Assignment (home-based course work) instead of an Examination to complete the Program.
- Summary of major topics
- What is included
- Related courses
- Study & Career development
Major Topics Covered in this Diploma Program include:
- The principles of selling and salesmanship.
- Internal sales personnel and commercial travelling salespeople.
- The methods of selling: creating interest, giving demonstrations, making sales transactions.
- Types and categories of consumers, commercial and corporate buyers.
- Making ongoing sales, building customer relationships, generating and following up sales leads.
- The principles of management: recruiting, training, remunerating, controlling and motivating sales personnel.
- Building effective sales teams, setting and monitoring sales targets, deciding upon sales areas.
- The organisation and control of sales teams, and the special issues regarding travelling salesmen.
- Market research: consumer research, market surveys, advertising research.
- The importance of research, and the activities involved.
- Reasons for undertaking and the types of test marketing.
- Techniques and importance of sales forecasting.
- Planning, budgeting, budgetary control in sales and marketing, variances and their implications.
- Segmentation of markets, the role of brands, psychology in sales and marketing.
- Channels of distribution; which to choose, advantages and disadvantages; wholesale, retail, franchise.
- Credit and setting terms, credit limits, control over credit customers.
- The types and purposes of different discounts allowed: trade, quantity, cash, others.
- Sales forecasting and planning in connection with the product life cycle (PLC).
- Pricing strategies, factors in setting prices, the objectives of pricing.
- Direct and indirect advertising and publicity.
- Media and their importance, sales promotion, roles and management of public relations.
- Sales letters & literature, direct marketing.
- The Internet as a marketing and sales tool; website design, social media.
- The sales office, records, graphs, statistics, collection and analysis of data, computerised sales data.
- Export selling, international marketing, customs duties.
- Researching overseas markets, expansion of markets and the customer-base.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE MODEST CIC FEE
Your CIC Fee includes:-
- Your enrolment/registration with Cambridge International College, and your own high-quality, professionally produced and illustrated comprehensive International CIC Study & Training Publications.
- A detailed, professional ‘Study & Training Guide’ with full instructions on how to study to achieve success and gain top results. The Guide includes detailed advice on how to answer Self-Assessment Tests, Training Tests and Examinations.
- Self-Assessment Tests and Recommended Answers for them, and a Progress Chart.
- Two Progress/Training Tests (which can be used as ‘Past Papers/Questions’) with an optional Tutorial Support Service.
- The Final Examination** sat under Invigilation/Supervision in your own area - full details, guidance and explanation of how your Examination will be arranged and how Invigilation is conducted will be provided when you register. Note, CIC arranges Examinations in over a hundred countries worldwide for thousands of Members every year; it is a flexible, straightforward process and will be arranged when YOU are ready to write your Examination. **An Assignment Option is available instead of an Exam for the ‘Covid-19’ (Corona) virus period.
- The prestigious Cambridge International College Diploma on successful completion of your Study & Training and on passing the Final Examination.
- Your personal page on CIC’s Member Services website with access to results, despatch details, advice and guidance, and more: www.cambridgeinternationalcollege.co.uk
- Regular information and news including: Newsletters with details of special offers and new Programs and much more; and Competition Forms; by email and post.
Everything needed for your Study & Training success is included in the CIC Fee.
- Further Study and Training Advice, and Assistance is available before, during and after CIC Study & Training; Members may ask CIC’s team of experienced Consultants for advice on further study and Programmes to improve career prospects and advancement.
- CIC’s experienced and helpful staff can assist with numerous special requests, such as reference/recommendation letters and transcripts, and more, by post and email.
This Program provides the route to career success in a wide range of sales and marketing posts, as well as providing essential skills and knowledgeable for business people, entrepreneurs, managers and directors. Whether involved in specific elements of sales or selling, dealing with customers, marketing or research, this Program provides the path to becoming an effective and valuable sales and marketing professional.
Marketing in particular is a vital and required element of further studies in management and business; CIC provides further and higher general and specialised studies in marketing and international marketing, and a wide range of related areas.
There is a wide range of options for further study - see the "Related Courses" section for suggestions - which include Honours Diplomas, ABA & Baccalaureate Programmes, and the 'Double Award' EBA & BBA Bachelor degree Programme. You are welcome to ask the College for advice, and of course you can see details of these Programmes on this website.
Sign up to this course
Duration & Assessments
The Study Period is one year (12 months) but this is flexible; the Diploma can be completed in a shorter period, or you can take longer if necessary.READ MORE »
To gain your Diploma you need to sit and pass an Examination** (based entirely upon the contents of the Study Materials provided to you in your Program Fee). Full and clear details about preparing for and sitting the Exam are provided to you, including in your Study & Training Guide, when you enrol. The clear information explains when, where and how your Examination will be arranged - it is a simple and straightforward process, which hundreds of thousands of other Members have successfully gone through. If you study well and follow the advice in the CIC Study & Training Guide you should be able to achieve high marks and good grades - and obtain your prestigious International Diploma!
**An Assignment Option is available instead of an Exam for the ‘Covid-19’ (Corona) virus period.
(See the College Prospectus, or the “Frequently Asked Questions” section on the “Contact Us” page of this website, if you would like more information.)
An international accredited qualification for professional development and career success showing you have substantial skills, competence and knowledge.