Marketing & Sales Management
A Program which provides training for career success in the vital fields of sales and marketing, and the skills needed for success as a manager in marketing and sales.
Marketing is often viewed as the most important function of any organisation; without effective marketing activities an organisation will be out of touch with customer needs, market situations and developments; and customers will not know about or have access to the products and services of the business. Along with the top-class selling ability required for success, knowledge is needed about markets, market research, distribution channels, marketing strategies, advertising, publicity, public relations, pricing strategies and more. Sales/marketing managers must also manage staff: recruit, motivate, guide, train and control them, and plan and organise their activities. This practical Program provides training on the wide-ranging duties of sales and marketing managers in the highly competitive world of business.
(1) Anybody enrolling for this Programme before 31st December 2023 will also be enrolled FREE for a Course on Leadership /Management; the only requirement is that you provide your personal email address to the College on enrolment.
(2) During the “Covid-19” (Corona) virus pandemic and in lock-down periods, affected Members may be allowed to take Assignments (home-based course work) instead of or in addition to sitting Examinations to complete the Programme; details can be provided on request after enrolment onto the Programme.
- Summary of major topics
- What is included
- Related courses
- Study & Career development
Module 1 - Marketing, Selling and the Modern Commercial World
Products: goods and services, product benefits, essentials and luxuries, the choice factor
The commercial world, types of industrial, trading, distributive and service-providing enterprises
Buying motives of consumers and of corporate buyers, determining buyer motives
The need for sales and marketing, their differences, the aims and activities of marketing
Module 2 - The Market and Marketing
- The marketing mix, the 4 + 3 Ps, market strategy, market creation, market segmentation, surveys
- Market, consumer and advertising research, test marketing, niche markets
- Factors which affect price, costs involved, product demand, profit goals, government, brand and image
- Overcoming competition, product differentiation and unique selling points
Module 3 - Channels of Distribution
- Channels, distribution direct to consumers, wholesalers, retailers, other intermediaries
- What wholesalers and retailers seek in products, selecting the right channel(s) for products
- Internet marketing, terminology, advantages of e-marketing, search engines, browsers
- Websites, structure, navigation, additional functionality, measuring web traffic, pay-per-click (PPC)
Module 4 - Forecasting and Planning in Sales and Marketing
- Why forecasting and planning are needed, factors to consider, durable and fashion goods
- Durability and safety of products, quality and QMS, expectations, performance, standards, reliability
- Product life cycle (PLC), stages, implications for sales and marketing managers, product ranges
- Budgets, data for sales/marketing budgets, budgetary control, review, analysis, variances, dangers
Module 5 - The Promotional Mix
- Target audiences, integrated marketing communication, the ‘P’s’ of the promotional mix, effective media
- Direct and indirect advertising, advert content and design, effective packaging, advertising agencies
- Sales promotion campaigns, special offers, web-based sales, exhibitions, public relations, consultancies
- Social media, viral marketing, sponsorship, behavioural marketing, influencers, media agencies
MOdule 6 - Marketing Strategy, International and Global Marketing
- The marketing process, customer value and satisfaction, customer value propositions, marketing orientations
- Integrated marketing programmes, creating customer relationships, strategic marketing models
- Export selling, researching overseas markets, PESTEL analysis, import controls, duties, problems
- Agents, alliances, joint ventures, export payments, internet export selling/online marketing, globalization
Module 7 - The Importance of Selling and Salesmanship in the Modern Commercial World
- Commercial selling, profit, persuasion, the role and art of selling, customer needs and demands
- Sales personnel, product knowledge, personal selling, skills needed, adapting to situations
- The steps in a selling transaction, creating attention, interest, desire, making a sale, related and on-going sales
- Sales demonstrations, the steps and their aims, training, selling the benefits of services
Module 8 - Travelling Sales Personnel
- Comparing internal and travelling sales personnel, work, environment, hours, assistance
- Attributes required by travellers, finding leads, researching prospects, making appointments
- Planning sales journeys, follow-ups, journey cycles, seeing new prospects, sales techniques, practical tips
- Sales reports and records, their importance to sales managers, uses and analysis
Module 9 - Management & Leadership, Training & Developing Sales Personnel
- Planning, organising, coordinating, motivating, controlling, technical and human managerial aspects
- Leadership, task-oriented and relationship-oriented styles, setting objectives, implementing policies
- Recruiting sales personnel, job descriptions, advertising, applications, interviews, selecting
- The induction process, training sales assistants and travellers, methods of training
Module 10 - Developing a Sales Team
- Expansion into new markets, area managers, team leaders, recruiting new salespeople, sales territories
- Controlling sales teams, setting sales targets, salesforce remuneration, benefits, allowances, promotion
- Sales conferences, conventions and seminars, complex sales organisations, group sales managers
- COVID-19, virus outbreaks, sales manager’s added roles and responsibilities, remote-working, priorities
Module 11 - Credit Terms and Discounts
- Credit, credit facilities, monthly accounts, credit cards, leasing, rental, hire purchase, agreements
- Consumer protection acts, dangers in allowing credit, credit policy, limits and control, creditworthiness
- Trade discount, quantity, cash, regular custom and prompt payment discounts, RRP, trade-ins
- Private labelling and own branding, manufacturers’ guarantees and warranties, after-sale service
Module 12 - Sales Letters, Circulars and Literature
- Objectives, layout, appearance, contents of sales letters, styles of writing, training sales staff
- First approach sales letters, follow-up letters, circulars, sales literature, catalogues, brochures, leaflets
- The sales office, organisation and control, sources of information, processing data, data protection
- Sales records, importance and use, obtaining data, sales analyses, graphs and statistics
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE MODEST CIC FEE
Your CIC Fee includes:-
- Your enrolment/registration with Cambridge International College, and your own high-quality, professionally produced and illustrated comprehensive International CIC Study & Training Publications.
- A detailed, professional ‘Study & Training Guide’ with full instructions on how to study to achieve success and gain top results. The Guide includes detailed advice on how to answer Self-Assessment Tests, Training Tests and Examinations.
- Self-Assessment Tests and Recommended Answers for them, and a Progress Chart.
- Two Progress/Training Tests (which can be used as ‘Past Papers/Questions’) with an optional Tutorial Support Service.
- The Final Examination** sat under Invigilation/Supervision in your own area - full details, guidance and explanation of how your Examination will be arranged and how Invigilation is conducted will be provided when you register. Note, CIC arranges Examinations in over a hundred countries worldwide for thousands of Members every year; it is a flexible, straightforward process and will be arranged when YOU are ready to write your Examination. **An Assignment Option is available instead of an Exam for the ‘Covid-19’ (Corona) virus period.
- The prestigious Cambridge International College Diploma on successful completion of your Study & Training and on passing the Final Examination.
- Your personal page on CIC’s Member Services website with access to results, despatch details, advice and guidance, and more: www.cambridgeinternationalcollege.co.uk
- Regular information and news including: Newsletters with details of special offers and new Programs and much more; and Competition Forms; by email and post.
Everything needed for your Study & Training success is included in the CIC Fee.
- Further Study and Training Advice, and Assistance is available before, during and after CIC Study & Training; Members may ask CIC’s team of experienced Consultants for advice on further study and Programmes to improve career prospects and advancement.
- CIC’s experienced and helpful staff can assist with numerous special requests, such as reference/recommendation letters and transcripts, and more, by post and email.
This Program provides the route to career success in a wide range of sales and marketing posts, as well as providing essential skills and knowledgeable for business people, entrepreneurs, managers and directors. Whether involved in specific elements of sales or selling, dealing with customers, marketing or research, this Program provides the path to becoming an effective and valuable sales and marketing professional.
Marketing in particular is a vital and required element of further studies in management and business; CIC provides further and higher general and specialised studies in marketing and international marketing, and a wide range of related areas.
There is a wide range of options for further study - see the "Related Courses" section for suggestions - which include Honours Diplomas, ABA & Baccalaureate Programmes, and the 'Double Award' EBA & BBA Bachelor degree Programme. You are welcome to ask the College for advice, and of course you can see details of these Programmes on this website.
Sign up to this course
Duration & Assessments
The Study Period is one year (12 months) but this is flexible; the Diploma can be completed in a shorter period, or you can take longer if necessary.READ MORE »
To gain your Diploma you need to sit and pass an Examination** (based entirely upon the contents of the Study Materials provided to you in your Program Fee). Full and clear details about preparing for and sitting the Exam are provided to you, including in your Study & Training Guide, when you enrol. The clear information explains when, where and how your Examination will be arranged - it is a simple and straightforward process, which hundreds of thousands of other Members have successfully gone through. If you study well and follow the advice in the CIC Study & Training Guide you should be able to achieve high marks and good grades - and obtain your prestigious International Diploma!
**An Assignment Option is available instead of an Exam for the ‘Covid-19’ (Corona) virus period.
(See the College Prospectus, or the “Frequently Asked Questions” section on the “Contact Us” page of this website, if you would like more information.)
An international accredited qualification for professional development and career success showing you have substantial skills, competence and knowledge.