Management & Administration
This Program is specially designed to produce competent, trained, professional, effective modern managers.
A good manager is a person set apart by his or her training, professionalism, technical and human/people skills, and with the abilities to guide the efforts of others: to plan, organise, direct, motivate, co-ordinate and control their activities so that the desired objectives of the department or enterprise are achieved in the most efficient and economical manner. This popular Program provides guidance and training on how to manage people, departments and organisations, as well as to administer teams and provide positive leadership. The Program covers a wide range of important topics which must be mastered for success in management and administration, and which provide a foundation for specialisation in specific management fields.
(This Program was previously offered under the title of "Modern Management & Administration".)
- Summary of major topics
- What is included
- Related courses
- Study & Career development
Major Topics Covered in this Diploma Program include:
- The meaning and purpose of modern management.
- The functions of management and administration.
- Managers and subordinates, maintaining good relations, communicating.
- Team building, supervising workgroups, team development.
- The affect of an organisation’s culture, the managers’ affect.
- The concepts and importance of quality control, setting and maintaining and standards.
- Responsibilities and obligations of management to staff, customers, and the wider community.
- Management of change; changes in activities with regards to seniority and increases in authority.
- Structural organisation of businesses, organisation charts; delegation, workgroups, spans of control.
- Effective communication, oral, unspoken, written; vertical and horizontal.
- Two-way communication, removing communications barriers, external sources of communications.
- The technical and human aspects of management and administration - the range of skills needed.
- Strategy and planning: short-term and long-term, forecasting, setting standards.
- Budgets, budgeting and budgetary control.
- The business environment.
- O & M studies - aims and assessment.
- Leadership, styles and theories; improving leadership ability.
- Manpower planning, work specialisation.
- The steps, activities and managerial aspects of recruiting, selecting, inducting, training, remunerating and controlling personnel.
- Management styles, teams and team management.
- Aligning individual and organisational goals.
- Motivational theory, motivational theorists, intrinsic and extrinsic motivation; relevance to management.
- Industrial relations: trade unions, staff associations, joint consultation, collective bargaining.
- Personnel policy, remuneration policy.
- Health & safety, training and responsibilities, employee counselling.
- Manager and employee development.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE MODEST CIC FEE
Your CIC Fee includes:-
- Your enrolment/registration with Cambridge International College, and your own high-quality, professionally produced and illustrated comprehensive International CIC Study & Training Publications.
- A detailed, professional ‘Study & Training Guide’ with full instructions on how to study to achieve success and gain top results. The Guide includes detailed advice on how to answer Self-Assessment Tests, Training Tests and Examinations.
- Self-Assessment Tests and Recommended Answers for them, and a Progress Chart.
- Two Progress/Training Tests (which can be used as ‘Past Papers/Questions’) with an optional Tutorial Support Service.
- The Final Examination sat under Invigilation/Supervision in your own area - full details, guidance and explanation of how your Examination will be arranged and how Invigilation is conducted will be provided when you register. Note, CIC arranges Examinations in over a hundred countries worldwide for thousands of Members every year; it is a flexible, straightforward process and will be arranged when YOU are ready to write your Examination.
- The prestigious Cambridge International College Diploma on successful completion of your Study & Training and on passing the Final Examination.
- Your personal page on CIC’s Member Services website with access to results, despatch details, advice and guidance, and more: www.cambridgeinternationalcollege.co.uk
- Regular information and news including: Newsletters with details of special offers and new Programs and much more; and Competition Forms; by email and post.
Everything needed for your Study & Training success is included in the CIC Fee.
- Further Study and Training Advice, and Assistance is available before, during and after CIC Study & Training; Members may ask CIC’s team of experienced Consultants for advice on further study and Programmes to improve career prospects and advancement.
- CIC’s experienced and helpful staff can assist with numerous special requests, such as reference/recommendation letters and transcripts, and more, by post and email.
- Business Administration Honours (Higher) Diploma 21 months (flexible)
- Health & Safety in the Workplace Diploma 12 months (flexible)
- Office Management & Administration Diploma 12 months (flexible)
- Leadership & Team Management Diploma 12 months (flexible)
- Management & Leadership Mastery of Management Graduate Diploma One year (flexible)
For those who desire or require it, this Program provides an essential and solid foundation for higher study in all fields of management, administration and business, relevant to all types and sizes of organisation. Whether in general management or specialised areas (such as Sales & Marketing, Logistics, Finance, Accounting, Production, Public service, or service provision) - in fact, almost any field - this is a vital Program to study.
This Program will provide the potential for employment, advancement and career development in any career area which requires managerial or administrative knowledge, skills and ability. The Program also provides a managerial framework and the confidence needed to success in management.
There is a wide range of options for further study - see the "Related Courses" section for suggestions - which include Honours Diplomas, ABA & Baccalaureate Programmes, and the 'Double Award' EBA & BBA Bachelor degree Programme. You are welcome to ask the College for advice, and of course you can see details of these Programmes on this website.
Sign up to this course
Duration & Assessments
The Study Period is one year (12 months) but this is flexible; the Diploma can be completed in a shorter period, or you can take longer if necessary.READ MORE »
To gain your Diploma you need to sit and pass an Examination/Assessment. Full and clear details about this are provided to you, including in your Study & Training Guide, after you have enrolled. The clear information explains when, where and how your Examination/Assessment will be arranged - it is a simple and straightforward process, which hundreds of thousands of other Members have successfully gone through. If you study well, and follow the advice in the CIC Study & Training Guide, then you should be able to achieve high marks and good grades, and obtain your prestigious International Diploma!
(See the College Prospectus, or the “Frequently Asked Questions” section on the “Contact Us” page of this website, if you would like more information.)
An international accredited qualification for professional development and career success showing you have substantial skills, competence and knowledge.