A program designed specifically to provide all staff, supervisors, foremen and managers with the training and skills need to effectively manage groups and individuals
This Program is for current and aspiring foremen, supervisors or managers; it provides a thorough, practical introduction to the techniques and skills needed to effectively manage subordinates, as individuals and in groups, so they work well and willingly as a team to achieve organisational objectives. The Program provides skills and knowledge which are easy to understand and put into practice; this training is ideal for people seeking successful careers in supervision, or who are aiming for promotion to higher supervisory posts, and for progress to higher studies.
(1) For the period 1st April to 30th September 2020, anyone enrolling for this Program will also be enrolled FREE for a Course on Leadership & Organisation if you provide a personal email address;
(2) During the "Covid-19" (Corona) virus pandemic, Members may opt to take an Assignment (home-based course work) instead of an Examination to complete the Program.
- Summary of major topics
- What is included
- Related courses
- Study & Career development
Major Topics Covered in this Diploma Program include:
- The meaning and management of human and material resources, management activity.
- The relationship between employers and employees, the link between work and pay.
- Supervising the workforce, training people, setting and communication organisational goals.
- Teamwork, supervising, leading, planning, forecasting and organising.
- Motivation and setting standards, ensuring good performance.
- Types of management responsibility - to the organisation and for subordinates.
- The different types of companies and businesses.
- The meaning of authority, the delegation process, supervising and monitoring performance.
- Decision-making by managers and staff.
- Business organisation, the division and specialisation of labour, forming workgroups.
- Work structures; line, function and staff organisations; creating and updating company charts.
- Communication: two-way, the effects on motivation and benefits of good communication.
- Communication lines and channels; horizontal and vertical, oral, written, unspoken.
- HR activity, internal and external recruitment; job analysis, advertising jobs.
- Dealing with job applications, the selection and appointment process.
- Supervising new employees and introducing them to the workplace.
- Induction, job training, employee development.
- Managing the work environment.
- Employee counselling, disciplinary action, equal opportunity policy, matters regarding promotion.
- Trade unions and staff associations.
- Carrying out job evaluation, grading and ranking jobs; job design, job rotation, job enlargement.
- Retaining employees; dealing with labour turnover, resignations, dismissal, redundancy.
- Accidents and health & safety at work.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE MODEST CIC FEE
Your CIC Fee includes:-
- Your enrolment/registration with Cambridge International College, and your own high-quality, professionally produced and illustrated comprehensive International CIC Study & Training Publications.
- A detailed, professional ‘Study & Training Guide’ with full instructions on how to study to achieve success and gain top results. The Guide includes detailed advice on how to answer Self-Assessment Tests, Training Tests and Examinations.
- Self-Assessment Tests and Recommended Answers for them, and a Progress Chart.
- Two Progress/Training Tests (which can be used as ‘Past Papers/Questions’) with an optional Tutorial Support Service.
- The Final Examination** sat under Invigilation/Supervision in your own area - full details, guidance and explanation of how your Examination will be arranged and how Invigilation is conducted will be provided when you register. Note, CIC arranges Examinations in over a hundred countries worldwide for thousands of Members every year; it is a flexible, straightforward process and will be arranged when YOU are ready to write your Examination. **An Assignment Option is available instead of an Exam for the ‘Covid-19’ (Corona) virus period.
- The prestigious Cambridge International College Diploma on successful completion of your Study & Training and on passing the Final Examination.
- Your personal page on CIC’s Member Services website with access to results, despatch details, advice and guidance, and more: www.cambridgeinternationalcollege.co.uk
- Regular information and news including: Newsletters with details of special offers and new Programs and much more; and Competition Forms; by email and post.
Everything needed for your Study & Training success is included in the CIC Fee.
- Further Study and Training Advice, and Assistance is available before, during and after CIC Study & Training; Members may ask CIC’s team of experienced Consultants for advice on further study and Programmes to improve career prospects and advancement.
- CIC’s experienced and helpful staff can assist with numerous special requests, such as reference/recommendation letters and transcripts, and more, by post and email.
- Communication in Business & Management Diploma 12 months (flexible)
- Health & Safety in the Workplace Diploma 12 months (flexible)
- Management & Administration Diploma 12 months (flexible)
- Administrative Management Honours (Higher) Diploma 21 months (flexible)
- Human Resource & Personnel Management Diploma 12 months (flexible)
The Program is an ideal platform for further studies human resource and personnel management, and for general management, organisation and administration of all types.
Anyone who is looking to work effectively as a good manager, foreman, supervisor or administrator - in fact anyone dealing with people, colleagues or staff - will find these skills and this qualification very beneficial to their efficiency and success; they will have the skills and understanding to motivate and guide those around them - and will stand out as somebody worthwhile of praise and promotion, and who has ambition and a desire to succeed.
There is a wide range of options for further study - see the "Related Courses" section for suggestions - which include Honours Diplomas, ABA & Baccalaureate Programmes, and the 'Double Award' EBA & BBA Bachelor degree Programme. You are welcome to ask the College for advice, and of course you can see details of these Programmes on this website.
Sign up to this course
Duration & Assessments
The Study Period is one year (12 months) but this is flexible; the Diploma can be completed in a shorter period, or you can take longer if necessary.READ MORE »
To gain your Diploma you need to sit and pass an Examination** (based entirely upon the contents of the Study Materials provided to you in your Program Fee). Full and clear details about preparing for and sitting the Exam are provided to you, including in your Study & Training Guide, when you enrol. The clear information explains when, where and how your Examination will be arranged - it is a simple and straightforward process, which hundreds of thousands of other Members have successfully gone through. If you study well and follow the advice in the CIC Study & Training Guide you should be able to achieve high marks and good grades - and obtain your prestigious International Diploma!
**An Assignment Option is available instead of an Exam for the ‘Covid-19’ (Corona) virus period.
(See the College Prospectus, or the “Frequently Asked Questions” section on the “Contact Us” page of this website, if you would like more information.)
An international accredited qualification for professional development and career success showing you have supervisory skills, competence and knowledge.