Communication in Business & Management
This Program explains how to effectively manage communications - internal and external, national and international, written, electronic or oral - and its importance and effects on an enterprise.
All modern managers need to ensure communication is effective; communication might be oral, face-to-face, written, by telephone, fax, email or internet, but whichever method is used it must be effective. This Program explains about creating and managing good communication channels, managing communications systems and teaches about communication as a vital ‘tool’ of all modern business people and managers, administrators, supervisors and others at all levels of an organisation. This Program teaches about producing effective business letters, memoranda, meetings, report writing, dictation, word processing, desktop publishing, and much more, with numerous examples and specimens.
(1) For the period 1st April to 30th September 2020, anyone enrolling for this Program will also be enrolled free for a Course on Leadership & Organisation if you provide a personal email address;
(2) During the "Covid-19" (Corona) virus pandemic, Members may opt to take an Assignment (home-based course work) instead of an Examination to complete the Program.
- Summary of major topics
- What is included
- Related courses
- Study & Career development
- Lines of communication and communications channels: oral, written, visual, electronic, others.
- Removing barriers and ensuring two-way communications flows, the importance of feedback.
- The danger of the grapevine; creating trust, fostering teamwork.
- Telecommunications, computer-mediated and digital communication, viruses and other danger.
- Email management, broadband, local area networks (LANs), remote access.
- Technological developments, websites.
- Forms and business documents, manual and computerised, their design, features and purposes.
- Business letters and their purposes; improving communication content, composition and style.
- English language, good English for communication, lay out, composition, grammar, language, style.
- Care to take over wording, confusions which can occur.
- The use of abbreviations and possible problems.
- Communications concerning employment; regarding job vacancies, applications, employee specifications, advertisements.
- Communications concerning promotion, employee specifications, staff matters and relationships.
- The use and impact of charts and graphs.
- Communications relating to sales; letters, follow-ups.
- Catalogues, pamphlets, circulars, announcements, literature.
- Communications relating to advertisements; gaining attention.
- Enquiries, quotations, estimates, orders, payments.
- The design of forms.
- Financial business documents: invoices, credit notes, features and accuracy.
- Financial documents produced manually and by computer.
- Financial terms and expressions.
- Communications between employees, induction, counselling, others.
- Meetings: formal and informal, preparing notices, agendas, minutes; employment interviews.
- Letters of complaint, from customers or clients, and to suppliers, warnings; psychology.
- Dictating, drafting, checking, preparing, packing and despatching letters; standard communications.
- Records and their importance, data management, references.
- Centralised and decentralised filing, filing equipment, filing schemes.
- Computer systems, information, data processing and security, copies and back-ups.
- Word processing, desk top processing.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE MODEST CIC FEE
Your CIC Fee includes:-
- Your enrolment/registration with Cambridge International College, and your own high-quality, professionally produced and illustrated comprehensive International CIC Study & Training Publications.
- A detailed, professional ‘Study & Training Guide’ with full instructions on how to study to achieve success and gain top results. The Guide includes detailed advice on how to answer Self-Assessment Tests, Training Tests and Examinations.
- Self-Assessment Tests and Recommended Answers for them, and a Progress Chart.
- Two Progress/Training Tests (which can be used as ‘Past Papers/Questions’) with an optional Tutorial Support Service.
- The Final Examination** sat under Invigilation/Supervision in your own area - full details, guidance and explanation of how your Examination will be arranged and how Invigilation is conducted will be provided when you register. Note, CIC arranges Examinations in over a hundred countries worldwide for thousands of Members every year; it is a flexible, straightforward process and will be arranged when YOU are ready to write your Examination. **An Assignment Option is available instead of an Exam for the ‘Covid-19’ (Corona) virus period.
- The prestigious Cambridge International College Diploma on successful completion of your Study & Training and on passing the Final Examination.
- Your personal page on CIC’s Member Services website with access to results, despatch details, advice and guidance, and more: www.cambridgeinternationalcollege.co.uk
- Regular information and news including: Newsletters with details of special offers and new Programs and much more; and Competition Forms; by email and post.
Everything needed for your Study & Training success is included in the CIC Fee.
- Further Study and Training Advice, and Assistance is available before, during and after CIC Study & Training; Members may ask CIC’s team of experienced Consultants for advice on further study and Programmes to improve career prospects and advancement.
- CIC’s experienced and helpful staff can assist with numerous special requests, such as reference/recommendation letters and transcripts, and more, by post and email.
- Professional English (Everyday & Business Use) Diploma 12 months (flexible)
- EXECUTIVE & SECRETARIAL ASSISTANCE (Honours) Honours (Higher) Diploma 21 months (flexible)
- Administrative, Personal Assistant & Secretarial Duties Diploma 12 months (flexible)
- Office Management & Administration Diploma 12 months (flexible)
- English & Administration (BEA) Baccalaureate 2 years (flexible)
Good communications is essential in every type of job - administrative, managerial, personnel, HR and any other - and so this Program is important to anybody who works with others or needs to communicate with others - internal or external to the organisation. The Program therefore can lead to a wide and enjoyable range of possible careers and positions.
Further and related studies are available, whether complementary Diploma Programs like Secretarial Duties, Office Management, and others; or Honours Diploma and Baccalaureate programmes of study, all designed to increase ability, knowledge, confidence and the likelihood of a very successful career.
There is a wide range of options for further study - see the "Related Courses" section for suggestions - which include Honours Diplomas, ABA & Baccalaureate Programmes, and the 'Double Award' EBA & BBA Bachelor degree Programme. You are welcome to ask the College for advice, and of course you can see details of these Programmes on this website.
Sign up to this course
Duration & Assessments
The Study Period is one year (12 months) but this is flexible; the Diploma can be completed in a shorter period, or you can take longer if necessary.READ MORE »
To gain your Diploma you need to sit and pass an Examination** (based entirely upon the contents of the Study Materials provided to you in your Program Fee). Full and clear details about preparing for and sitting the Exam are provided to you, including in your Study & Training Guide, when you enrol. The clear information explains when, where and how your Examination will be arranged - it is a simple and straightforward process, which hundreds of thousands of other Members have successfully gone through. If you study well and follow the advice in the CIC Study & Training Guide you should be able to achieve high marks and good grades - and obtain your prestigious International Diploma!
**An Assignment Option is available instead of an Exam for the ‘Covid-19’ (Corona) virus period.
(See the College Prospectus, or the “Frequently Asked Questions” section on the “Contact Us” page of this website, if you would like more information.)
An international accredited qualification for professional development and career success showing you have substantial skills, competence and knowledge.