Public Administration & Management
Study for the understanding, guidance, control and evaluation of the interdisciplinary field of public administration.
This Program explains the role of public administration in government and public office, and its role in the implementation of government policy and translating political decisions into the “reality” which citizens see every day. It covers the organisation of government departments and agencies, the management of programmes designed to implement policy, and the behaviour and responsibilities of ‘civil servants’ and officials who are responsible for those policies and programmes. It considers government decision making, how and why policies are developed, and analysis of them. It describes the duties of heads of city, county, regional, state and federal departments, such as municipal budget directors, HR administrators, city managers, census managers, state mental health directors, and cabinet secretaries.
(1) Anybody enrolling for this Program before 31st December 2020 will also be enrolled FREE for a Course on Leadership & Organisation; the only requirement is that you provide your personal email address to the College on enrolment.
(2) During the "Covid-19" (Corona) virus pandemic, Members may opt to take an Assignment (home-based course work) instead of an Examination to complete the Program.
- Summary of major topics
- What is included
- Related courses
- Study & Career development
Major Topics Covered in this Diploma Program include:
- The nature and roles of public administration in the world of changing public expectations.
- Public administration in the implementation of government policy and its affect on the daily lives of citizens.
- The institutional setting of public administration.
- Public administration organisational structures; central government.
- The public sector, the environment, “green” policies; gauging their impact and outcomes; implementation of environmental/green policies.
- The civil or public service: public administrators, duties and responsibilities.
- The correct behaviour towards the public.
- Traditional roles of public servants, recent changes, the modern civil or public service.
- Economy, efficiency and equity in public administration.
- Human resource management: recruitment, training, remuneration, supervision and control.
- Promotion - vertical and horizontal - in public administration.
- Integration, continuity and change in public administration.
- Structure and functions of local administration.
- Duties and responsibilities of local administration officials, local government service, bureaucracies.
- Elected and employed officials, central government control.
- Financing the public sector, allocating resources for central and local administration, budgets and budgetary control, financial control, audits.
- Independent public bodies.
- Health and voluntary agencies.
Your CIC Fee includes:-
- Your enrolment/registration with Cambridge International College, and your own high-quality, professionally produced and illustrated comprehensive International CIC Core Study Publication.
- A detailed, professional ‘Study & Training Guide’ with full instructions on how to study to achieve success and gain top results. The Guide includes detailed advice on how to answer Tests and Examinations.
- Training Tests (which can be used as ‘Past Papers/Questions’) and Recommended Answers for them.
- The Final Examination** sat under Invigilation/Supervision in your own area - full details, guidance and explanation of how your Examination will be arranged and how Invigilation is conducted will be provided when you register. Note, CIC arranges Examinations in over a hundred countries worldwide for thousands of Members every year; it is a flexible, straightforward process and will be arranged when YOU are ready to write your Examination. **An Assignment Option is available instead of an Exam for the ‘Covid-19’ (Corona) virus period.
- Your personal page on CIC’s Member Services website with access to results, despatch details, advice and guidance, and more: www.cambridgeinternationalcollege.co.uk
- Regular information and news including: Newsletters with details of special offers and new Programs and much more; and Competition Forms; by email and post.
- Everything needed for your Study & Training success is included in the CIC Fee.
- Further Study and Training Advice, and Assistance is available before, during and after CIC Study & Training; Members may ask CIC’s team of experienced Consultants for advice on further study and Programmes to improve career prospects and advancement.
- CIC’s experienced and helpful staff can assist with numerous special requests, such as reference/recommendation letters and transcripts, and more, by post and email.
- Advanced Management & Administration Theory & Practice Diploma 12 months (flexible)
- Management & Administration Diploma 12 months (flexible)
- Administrative Management Honours (Higher) Diploma 21 months (flexible)
- Management & Administration (BAC) Baccalaureate 2 years (flexible)
- Corporate Strategy & Planning Mastery of Management Graduate Diploma One year (flexible)
The Program prepares men and women for employment and advancement, and to better conduct their current and future roles, in the public or civil service; they may become central or local government public administrators or employees working in departments and agencies at any levels of government. And because much of this understanding and knowledge is applicable to many areas of management and policy the careers available outside of public administration are also opened up.
Related and wider studies are offered by CIC in all aspects of management, administration, strategy and development, and this Program will be of benefit to those wishing to study public administration, government or politics with other institutions. There is a wide range of options for further study - see the "Related Courses" section for suggestions - which include Honours Diplomas, ABA & Baccalaureate Programmes, and the 'Double Award' EBA & BBA Bachelor degree Programme. You are welcome to ask the College for advice, and of course you can see details of these Programmes on this website.
Sign up to this course
Duration & Assessments
The Study Period is one year (12 months) but this is flexible; the Diploma can be completed in a shorter period, or you can take longer if necessary.READ MORE »
To gain your Diploma you need to sit and pass an Examination** (based entirely upon the contents of the Study Materials provided to you in your Program Fee). Full and clear details about preparing for and sitting the Exam are provided to you, including in your Study & Training Guide, when you enrol. The clear information explains when, where and how your Examination will be arranged - it is a simple and straightforward process, which hundreds of thousands of other Members have successfully gone through. If you study well and follow the advice in the CIC Study & Training Guide you should be able to achieve high marks and good grades - and obtain your prestigious International Diploma!
**An Assignment Option is available instead of an Exam for the ‘Covid-19’ (Corona) virus period.
(See the College Prospectus, or the “Frequently Asked Questions” section on the “Contact Us” page of this website, if you would like more information.)
An international accredited qualification for professional development and career success showing you have substantial skills, competence and knowledge.