Computers & IT in Business & Management
This Program provides the knowledge and understanding of computers and IT systems which current and potential managers need to know in order to guide and manage a business section or department effectively, to guide and give confidence to colleagues, and to deal with external computer and IT organisations.
This Program explains the capabilities, benefits and workings of computer and IT systems, and about technology, hardware, software, data security, backups and communications - everything which needs to be known by modern managers, administrators, supervisors and business people, and those involved with IT. It explains the role and use of computer systems in planning, forecasting, analysis and making effective business decisions. The Program deals with designing, selecting, implementing and running computer systems to meet organisational needs, and how to ‘project manage’ the introduction and care of computer system, whether small or large. It covers what administrators/supervisors and IT managers need to know to control staff, manage IT, and make the best use of computer systems, how to manage data security and how to ensure system safety, and to avoid losses of data - vital information needed in the current business world.
- Summary of major topics
- What is included
- Related courses
- Study & Career development
Summary of Major Topics Covered in this Diploma Program include:
- Computers and technology in business; their roles as aids to management and administration and as a decision-making tool.
- The functions and duties of management, the technical and human aspects.
- Human factors in IT and management.
- Computer technology development and characteristics of computers; mass technology.
- Advantages and limitations of computers and IT.
- Digital information, computer hardware, the CPU, interfacing, memory, bootstrapping, storage.
- Input and output devices.
- Understanding the technology, how it works.
- Operating systems, programming tools, computer languages, codes, applications.
- Information flows, security, location.
- Understanding digital information, data orthogonality, programming.
- Hardware systems, software operations.
- Management information systems, using software: forecasts, modelling, graphs, competitor and market analysis.
- Understanding and using business intelligence.
- Computers and communications, communication devices, protocols, networks.
- The internet - its uses and how it works, IPs, URLs.
- Practical uses of computer systems: accounting and financial systems, in property, hotels, insurance, retail, production, sales and other businesses and administrative uses.
- Digital and print media technologies.
- Traditional word processing and desk-top publishing; publishing software, digital media.
- Websites and website design and production.
- Objectives of computerisation.
- Defining, choosing and implementing a computer system; requirements and specifications.
- Delivering and testing a new computer system.
- Project management approaches to computer and IT systems, from concept to operation; quality assurance.
- The efficient running and maintenance of an IT system.
- Ensuring business continuity, planning for problems and failures.
- Back-up systems, disaster recovery, dealing with a cyber-attack, physical security.
- Setting and managing passwords and data access systems.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE MODEST CIC FEE
Your CIC Fee includes:-
- Your enrolment/registration with Cambridge International College, and your own high-quality, professionally produced and illustrated comprehensive International CIC Study & Training Publications.
- A detailed, professional ‘Study & Training Guide’ with full instructions on how to study to achieve success and gain top results. The Guide includes detailed advice on how to answer Self-Assessment Tests, Training Tests and Examinations.
- Self-Assessment Tests and Recommended Answers for them, and a Progress Chart.
- Two Progress/Training Tests (which can be used as ‘Past Papers/Questions’) with an optional Tutorial Support Service.
- The Final Examination sat under Invigilation/Supervision in your own area - full details, guidance and explanation of how your Examination will be arranged and how Invigilation is conducted will be provided when you register. Note, CIC arranges Examinations in over a hundred countries worldwide for thousands of Members every year; it is a flexible, straightforward process and will be arranged when YOU are ready to write your Examination.
- The prestigious Cambridge International College Diploma on successful completion of your Study & Training and on passing the Final Examination.
- Your personal page on CIC’s Member Services website with access to results, despatch details, advice and guidance, and more: www.cambridgeinternationalcollege.co.uk
- Regular information and news including: Newsletters with details of special offers and new Programs and much more; and Competition Forms; by email and post.
Everything needed for your Study & Training success is included in the CIC Fee.
- Further Study and Training Advice, and Assistance is available before, during and after CIC Study & Training; Members may ask CIC’s team of experienced Consultants for advice on further study and Programmes to improve career prospects and advancement.
- CIC’s experienced and helpful staff can assist with numerous special requests, such as reference/recommendation letters and transcripts, and more, by post and email.
- Office Management & Administration Diploma 12 months (flexible)
- Project Leadership & Management Diploma 12 months (flexible)
- Management & Administration (EBA) EBA: Executive Business Administration 3 years (flexible)
- Business Administration EBA: Executive Business Administration 3 years (flexible)
- Business Entrepreneurship & Organisation Diploma 12 months (flexible)
This Program is advantageous to any and all managers, business people, administrators and workers in any and all organizations, and will provide the knowledge which is needed for upwards progress; executives and directors will look for staff with proven computer and IT knowledge and understanding to help improve efficiency and make best use of the technology available. For those working in or wanting to enter the IT field, it provides the ability for advancement because it covers far more than just technology - it provides the foundation to become a manager and to translate the theoretical benefits of computer systems into reality to the benefit of all types of organizations.
Further studies focus on management, administrative and business development in a very wide range of fields. There is a wide range of options for further study - see the "Related Courses" section for suggestions - which include Honours Diplomas, ABA & Baccalaureate Programmes, and the 'Double Award' EBA & BBA Bachelor degree Programme. You are welcome to ask the College for advice, and of course you can see details of these Programmes on this website.
Sign up to this course
Duration & Assessments
The Study Period is one year (12 months) but this is flexible; the Diploma can be completed in a shorter period, or you can take longer if necessary.READ MORE »
To gain your Diploma you need to sit and pass an Examination/Assessment. Full and clear details about this are provided to you, including in your Study & Training Guide, after you have enrolled. The clear information explains when, where and how your Examination/Assessment will be arranged - it is a simple and straightforward process, which hundreds of thousands of other Members have successfully gone through. If you study well, and follow the advice in the CIC Study & Training Guide, then you should be able to achieve high marks and good grades, and obtain your prestigious International Diploma!
(See the College Prospectus, or the “Frequently Asked Questions” section on the “Contact Us” page of this website, if you would like more information.)
An international accredited qualification for professional development and career success showing you have substantial skills, competence and knowledge.