Hospitality Industry & Administration
A program teaching about the wide and varied aspects and fields of the hospitality industry
The Program teaches about the modern hospitality industry, which is composed of a number of different but interwoven sectors providing a diverse range of products including: accommodation or lodging; food and beverages; travel, tourism and leisure travel; meetings, incentive travel, conventions & events (MICE); entertainment and recreation; gaming; visitor information; and more.
Many hospitality products are intangible services whose characteristics differ from physical products, and therefore specialised knowledge and skills are required to be able to provide them to the satisfaction of customers - whether those are services offered, food and drink, accommodation, transportation or others, or combinations of them - which this Program clearly explains.
Customer satisfaction for local residents and/or visitors to a destination is paramount for the success of all people and businesses engaged in modern hospitality; why and how to provide customer satisfaction for the varied elements of the hospitality industry are dealt with, to help ensure you are able to succeed in this industry.
(1) Anybody enrolling for this Programme before 30 September 2023 will also be enrolled FREE for a Course on Leadership /Management; the only requirement is that you provide your personal email address to the College on enrolment.
(2) During the “Covid-19” (Corona) virus pandemic and in lock-down periods, affected Members may be allowed to take Assignments (home-based course work) instead of or in addition to sitting Examinations to complete the Programme; details can be provided on request after enrolment onto the Programme.
- Summary of major topics
- What is included
- Related courses
- Study & Career development
The Program comprises 12 Modules, a summary of each of which is given below:
Module 1 - The Hospitality Industry and its Sectors
- Hospitality as an industry.
- Hospitality sectors.
- Hospitality products.
- Hospitality and customer service.
Module 2 - The Accommodation Sector (1): Hotels
- Accommodation as a business.
- Purposes or motives for travel.
- Importance of knowing travel motives.
- Hotels: types, sizes, locations, rating, categorisation, classification, grading, descriptions
Module 3 - The Accommodation Sector (2): Other Units
- Motels, Bed & Breakfast (B&B), Guest houses.
- Camping sites and caravan parks.
- Lodges, Boutique hotels, Timeshare.
- Destination resorts.
Module 4 - Visitor Destinations and Attractions
- Business travellers, leisure travellers, excursionists.
- Visitor destinations and visitor attractions.
- The “5As”: attractions, accessibility, accommodation, amenities, activities.
- Promotion of destinations, visitor experiences.
Module 5 - Travel and Transportation
- Transportation safety and regularity.
- Transportation routes.
- Air transport, Rail transport, Road transport, Sea and waterways transport.
- Hybrid and mixed transport.
Module 6 - Inclusive Tours (ITs) or Package Tours
- Tour operators.
- Characteristics and types of tours.
- Components of packages, supplements.
- Incoming operators, ground staff, tour reps.
Module 7 - Catering and Meals, Food and Beverages
- Meals and tariffs.
- Food outlets, bars and drink service
- Menus and styles of service.
- Food preparation, recipes, methods.
Module 8 - Restaurants and other Eating Places
- Variety of catering establishments.
- Influence on selection of destinations and accommodation selected.
- Physical environment, ambience, restaurant staff.
- Kitchen and food hygiene.
Module 9 - Accommodation Front Office and Housekeeping
- Welcoming guests, registration/check-in, rooming.
- Guest assistance, accounts, check-out, departure.
- Housekeeping functions and responsibilities.
- Supervisors, subordinates, personnel, activities.
Module 10 - Events, Meetings and Conferences (MICE)
- Professional planning and organisation of events.
- Selecting venues, themes, entertainment, catering.
- Meetings, briefings, conferences, conventions, congresses, seminars, Incentive travel.
- Venue organisation, seating, layout.
Module 11 - Entertainment, Gaming, Sport & Recreation
- Active and passive forms of entertainment, performers, participation.
- Sporting events, activities, trips, holidays/vacations.
- Amusement and theme parks.
- Gaming, casinos, electronic games.
Module 12 - Visitor Information, Advertising & Publicity
- National, regional and local visitor information centres or offices.
- Public and private promotion of destinations and attractions.
- Travel and tour brochures, websites.
- Promotion of events, attracting visitors.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE MODEST CIC FEE
Your CIC Fee includes:-
- Your enrolment/registration with Cambridge International College, and your own high-quality, professionally produced and illustrated comprehensive International CIC Study & Training Publications.
- A detailed, professional ‘Study & Training Guide’ with full instructions on how to study to achieve success and gain top results. The Guide includes detailed advice on how to answer Self-Assessment Tests, Training Tests and Examinations.
- Self-Assessment Tests and Recommended Answers for them, and a Progress Chart.
- Two Progress/Training Tests (which can be used as ‘Past Papers/Questions’) with an optional Tutorial Support Service.
- The Final Examination** sat under Invigilation/Supervision in your own area - full details, guidance and explanation of how your Examination will be arranged and how Invigilation is conducted will be provided when you register. Note, CIC arranges Examinations in over a hundred countries worldwide for thousands of Members every year; it is a flexible, straightforward process and will be arranged when YOU are ready to write your Examination. **An Assignment Option is available instead of an Exam for the ‘Covid-19’ (Corona) virus period.
- The prestigious Cambridge International College Diploma on successful completion of your Study & Training and on passing the Final Examination.
- Your personal page on CIC’s Member Services website with access to results, despatch details, advice and guidance, and more: www.cambridgeinternationalcollege.co.uk
- Regular information and news including: Newsletters with details of special offers and new Programs and much more; and Competition Forms; by email and post.
Everything needed for your Study & Training success is included in the CIC Fee.
- Further Study and Training Advice, and Assistance is available before, during and after CIC Study & Training; Members may ask CIC’s team of experienced Consultants for advice on further study and Programmes to improve career prospects and advancement.
- CIC’s experienced and helpful staff can assist with numerous special requests, such as reference/recommendation letters and transcripts, and more, by post and email.
- Hotel Operations & Management Diploma 12 months (flexible)
- Tourism & Travel Management Diploma 12 months (flexible)
- Hospitality Administration (BSA) Baccalaureate 2 years (flexible)
- Hospitality & Events Administration EBA: Executive Business Administration 3 years (flexible)
- Hospitality Management (EMBA) EMBA: Executive Mastery of Business Administration 3 years (flexible)
The Program provides professional training for ambitious men and women who are employed in, seeking promotion, or intending to become employed in areas of hospitality, as well as for entrepreneurs running or intending to open and run profitable businesses in one or more sectors of the hospitality industry.
A range of related and further study is available in tourism, hotel management, hospitality, and related fields, at Diploma and Higher levels.
Sign up to this course
Duration & Assessments
The Study Period is one year (12 months) but this is flexible; the Diploma can be completed in a shorter period, or you can take longer if necessary.READ MORE »
To gain your Diploma you need to sit and pass an Examination** (based entirely upon the contents of the Study Materials provided to you in your Program Fee). Full and clear details about preparing for and sitting the Exam are provided to you, including in your Study & Training Guide, when you enrol. The clear information explains when, where and how your Examination will be arranged - it is a simple and straightforward process, which hundreds of thousands of other Members have successfully gone through. If you study well and follow the advice in the CIC Study & Training Guide you should be able to achieve high marks and good grades - and obtain your prestigious International Diploma!
**An Assignment Option is available instead of an Exam for the ‘Covid-19’ (Corona) virus period.
(See the College Prospectus, or the “Frequently Asked Questions” section on the “Contact Us” page of this website, if you would like more information.)
An international accredited qualification for professional development and career success attesting to relevant skills, competence and knowledge in hospitality.