Accounting & Finance in Business & Management
MASTER AND EFFICIENTLY CONTROL THE FINANCE AND ACCOUNTING FUNCTION
This course teaches how to accurately record accounting and financial transactions and how to analyse their effects; it explains how to manage and prepare accurate, professional final accounts, and how to interpret accounting data to control the enterprise and to manage costs, working capital and profits. It covers how to manage finances and raise new finance. It deals with bookkeeping, cost accounting and budgeting, investment and risk, and teaches how to make effective use of accounting data to make good financial decisions. This Diploma is a “must have” qualification for people looking to advance in this field, and to rise to middle and higher level accounting and finance posts in business, commercial or public service.
(1) SPECIAL OFFER Valid until 31st December 2023
- This Special Offer provides a FREE course on Key Concepts In Accounting & Finance to anyone who enrols* for any Diploma Program in: Accounting & Finance in Business & Management; Business Bookkeeping & Accounting; Cost Accounting; Financial Management; OR for any Honours Diploma, Baccalaureate or EBA Programme with an Accounting or Finance specialisation.
- *This Special Offer is only valid for new enrolments; no other offer or free course applies with this Special Offer.
(2) During the “Covid-19” (Corona) virus pandemic and in lock-down periods, affected Members may be allowed to take Assignments (home-based course work) instead of or in addition to sitting Examinations to complete the Programme; details can be provided on request after enrolment onto the Programme.
- Summary of major topics
- What is included
- Related courses
- Study & Career development
Module 1 - The Need for Complete and Accurate Accounting Information
- The need for full and accurate accounting information
- Functions of accounting: recording and analysing transactions; reports and statements
- Limitations of financial statements
- Accounting terms and meanings
Module 2 - Capital and Business Finance
- Initial capital and financing businesses; sole proprietors, partnerships, companies
- Working capital, income & expenditure, cash flow and liquidity
- Financial decisions and investments
- Financial assets, gearing and risk; investment appraisal
Module 3 - Principles of Bookkeeping and Books of Account
- Principles of bookkeeping, the ledge, double-entry bookkeeping
- Books of account: cash book, sales book, purchases book, returns books, journals
- The trial balance, manual and computerised accounts
- Bank accounts: current, deposits, savings, interest
Module 4 - Final Accounts (1)
- Financial accounting concepts
- Goodwill, prepayments and accruals
- Trading and manufacturing accounts
- Statistics, percentages and ratios
Module 5 - Final Accounts (2)
- Profit & loss accounts; information, layout, interpretation
- Balance sheets; information, layout, interpretation, equity
- Analysis, ratios, calculations
- Gross profit, net profit, wealth; stock turnover
Module 6 - Principles of Costing
- Purposes, benefits and limitations of cost accounting; key terminology
- Different costing systems explained
- Overheads and allocation
- Standards, variances, activity based costing
Module 7 - Planning and Forecasting, Budgets and Budgeting
- Business objectives, policy formulation; interpretation and implementation
- Financial planning and forecasting
- Budgets and budget preparation; sub-budgets and the master budget
- Budgetary control, variances; inflation
Module 8 - Stock and Inventory Control
- Stock management and control; inventory costs
- Factors affecting the management of stocks and inventory
- Stock levels; factors affecting levels set; types of levels
- Stocktaking and valuation of stocks and work in progress
Module 9 - Credit, Credit Control, Discounts
- Types and common forms of credit
- The role and importance of credit
- Credit control, credit limits and creditworthiness, dangers and bad debts
- Discounts: types, purposes, accounting treatment
Module 10 - Partnership Accounts, Departmental and Branch Accounts, Hire Purchase
- Special features of business partnership accounts, goodwill
- Departmental accounts; purposes, analysis, apportioning expenses
- Branch accounts; centralised, decentralised, consolidated trading, p&l and balance sheets
- Hire purchase, accounting treatment, agreements
Module 11 - Interpretation of Final Accounts, Pricing Policy, Auditors and Auditing
- Working capital management, cash and funds flows, liquidity, borrowing
- Accounting ratios, interpretation & analysis, break-even analysis
- Pricing policy, factors influencing selling prices
- Auditing and auditors; duties, activities
Module 12 - Computerised Accounting Systems and ‘Packages’
- Computers in accounting, characteristics of computers and systems
- Components of accounting systems; hardware, software, databases
- Applications and advantages of computerised accounting
- Organisation and security of data; management information
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE MODEST CIC FEE
Your CIC Fee includes:-
- Your enrolment/registration with Cambridge International College, and your own high-quality, professionally produced and illustrated comprehensive International CIC Study & Training Publications.
- A detailed, professional ‘Study & Training Guide’ with full instructions on how to study to achieve success and gain top results. The Guide includes detailed advice on how to answer Self-Assessment Tests, Training Tests and Examinations.
- Self-Assessment Tests and Recommended Answers for them, and a Progress Chart.
- Two Progress/Training Tests (which can be used as ‘Past Papers/Questions’) with an optional Tutorial Support Service.
- The Final Examination** sat under Invigilation/Supervision in your own area - full details, guidance and explanation of how your Examination will be arranged and how Invigilation is conducted will be provided when you register. Note, CIC arranges Examinations in over a hundred countries worldwide for thousands of Members every year; it is a flexible, straightforward process and will be arranged when YOU are ready to write your Examination. **An Assignment Option via email is available instead of an Exam for the 'Covid-19' (Corona) virus period.
- The prestigious Cambridge International College Diploma on successful completion of your Study & Training and on passing the Final Examination.
- Your personal page on CIC’s Member Services website with access to results, despatch details, advice and guidance, and more: www.cambridgeinternationalcollege.co.uk
- Regular information and news including: Newsletters with details of special offers and new Programs and much more; and Competition Forms; by email and post.
Everything needed for your Study & Training success is included in the CIC Fee.
- Further Study and Training Advice, and Assistance is available before, during and after CIC Study & Training; Members may ask CIC’s team of experienced Consultants for advice on further study and Programmes to improve career prospects and advancement.
- CIC’s experienced and helpful staff can assist with numerous special requests, such as reference/recommendation letters and transcripts, and more, by post and email.
- Cost Accounting Diploma 12 months (flexible)
- Credit Management & Control Diploma 12 months (flexible)
- Business Accounting & Finance Honours (Higher) Diploma 21 months (flexible)
- Business Finance & Investment Mastery of Management Graduate Diploma One year (flexible)
- Financial Administration (BFA) Baccalaureate 2 years (flexible)
The course is ideal for bookkeepers, accountants, financial officers and business people who are already employed in accounting and finance jobs, and also for men and women looking to enter this important career area. It is also a course for men and women wishing to gain promotion, to become accounting managers, or simply looking to increase managerial ability and skills in accounting and finance.
All managers, administrators, entrepreneurs, business people and executives benefit greatly from a good understanding of the accounting and finance function; it is a “must have” qualification for people looking to advance in this field, or to middle and higher level business or management posts. The range of career opportunities for skilled and qualified financial and accounts personnel is huge, whether in general accounting and finance fields or in more specialist areas.
Knowledge of accounting and finance is of great value for progression in higher studies (whether with CIC or other institutions) almost all of which require such knowledge. CIC itself offers advancement in these fields in both general and specialised areas, and such studies are good routes to higher studies with other regional and international educational establishments and universities.
There is a wide range of options for further study - see the "Related Courses" section for suggestions - which include Honours Diplomas, ABA & Baccalaureate Programmes, and the 'Double Award' EBA & BBA Bachelor degree Programme. You are welcome to ask the College for advice, and of course you can see details of these Programmes on this website.
Download Module 1 for free!
Enter your details below to download a PDF of module 1. When you submit your details, your browser will downlaod a PDF.
Sign up to this course
Duration & Assessments
The Study Period is one year (12 months) but this is flexible; the Diploma can be completed in a shorter period, or you can take longer if necessary.READ MORE »
To gain your Diploma you need to sit and pass an Examination** (based entirely upon the contents of the Study Materials provided to you in your Program Fee). Full and clear details about preparing for and sitting the Exam are provided to you, including in your Study & Training Guide, when you enrol. The clear information explains when, where and how your Examination will be arranged - it is a simple and straightforward process, which hundreds of thousands of other Members have successfully gone through. If you study well and follow the advice in the CIC Study & Training Guide you should be able to achieve high marks and good grades - and obtain your prestigious International Diploma!
**An Assignment Option is available instead of an Exam for the ‘Covid-19’ (Corona) virus period.
(See the College Prospectus, or the “Frequently Asked Questions” section on the “Contact Us” page of this website, if you would like more information.)
An international accredited qualification for professional development and career success showing you have substantial skills, competence and knowledge.