Stores Management & Stock (Inventory) Control
This is a Program to train and produce effective professional stores and inventory personnel and managers.
An enterprise’s success can be greatly affected by the efficiency of its stores operations; efficient stores management can save money, help retain customers and maintain continuous operations; but stores mismanagement can lose an enterprise money, customers and production. A stores manager must be able to manage stores, stockyards and inventory; and plan, organise and coordinate inventory work; and train, supervise and control stores personnel; this Program teaches how that is done, and how to carry our stores management and stock control tasks effectively and professionally.
- Summary of major topics
- What is included
- Related courses
- Study & Career development
Major Topics Covered in this Diploma Program include:
- The stores function in an enterprise and its main activities.
- The need for efficient management of stores.
- The principles of management: recruiting, training, controlling, motivating stores personnel.
- Attributes and abilities looked for in stores/inventorystaff.
- Health and safety, and accident prevention in stores, stockyards and warehouses.
- Staff and managerial responsibilities for safety; protective clothing, safety equipment.
- Storehouse buildings: factors regarding their location, design and layout.
- Considerations regarding floors, entrances and exits, and sub-stores.
- Planning in stores and stockyards, heating, ensuring efficiency of movement, stores maintenance.
- Stockyards: materials, location, design, layout, throughflow, protection of stored items.
- Manual and powered stores equipment, materials handling, training of staff.
- Storage, measuring and general stores equipment.
- Facilitating orders and movement of stocks out of the stores.
- Order picking, packaging, avoiding damages, the use of pallets and racks.
- Protection of stock against loss and damage, causes of spoilage, how to overcome these problems.
- Storehouse and stockyard security, control over keys, prevention of theft and pilfering.
- Fire prevention, fire drills and fire-fighting equipment.
- Ordering stock items, documentation and planning.
- Stock items, inventory identification, codes, creating and understanding coding systems.
- Stock records: their contents and uses, importance of accuracy.
- Statistics and reports; the role and management of the stores office.
- Procedures for stock receipts and issues, coordination with other departments; packing, despatch.
- Setting stock levels, reorder levels, factors in levels set; costs, ABC, EOQ, forecasting.
- Stocktaking: reasons and purposes, procedures, spot checks, stock valuation, inspections.
- Obsolete and obsolescent stock, disposal of unwanted goods.
- Data and documentation, data safety, computer systems and backups.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE MODEST CIC FEE
Your CIC Fee includes:-
- Your enrolment/registration with Cambridge International College, and your own high-quality, professionally produced and illustrated comprehensive International CIC Study & Training Publications.
- A detailed, professional ‘Study & Training Guide’ with full instructions on how to study to achieve success and gain top results. The Guide includes detailed advice on how to answer Self-Assessment Tests, Training Tests and Examinations.
- Self-Assessment Tests and Recommended Answers for them, and a Progress Chart.
- Two Progress/Training Tests (which can be used as ‘Past Papers/Questions’) with an optional Tutorial Support Service.
- The Final Examination sat under Invigilation/Supervision in your own area - full details, guidance and explanation of how your Examination will be arranged and how Invigilation is conducted will be provided when you register. Note, CIC arranges Examinations in over a hundred countries worldwide for thousands of Members every year; it is a flexible, straightforward process and will be arranged when YOU are ready to write your Examination.
- The prestigious Cambridge International College Diploma on successful completion of your Study & Training and on passing the Final Examination.
- Your personal page on CIC’s Member Services website with access to results, despatch details, advice and guidance, and more: www.cambridgeinternationalcollege.co.uk
- Regular information and news including: Newsletters with details of special offers and new Programs and much more; and Competition Forms; by email and post.
Everything needed for your Study & Training success is included in the CIC Fee.
- Further Study and Training Advice, and Assistance is available before, during and after CIC Study & Training; Members may ask CIC’s team of experienced Consultants for advice on further study and Programmes to improve career prospects and advancement.
- CIC’s experienced and helpful staff can assist with numerous special requests, such as reference/recommendation letters and transcripts, and more, by post and email.
- Purchasing & Resourcing Management Diploma 12 months (flexible)
- Supply Chain Strategy & Organisation Diploma 12 months (flexible)
- Materials & Logistics Management Honours (Higher) Diploma 21 months (flexible)
- Materials & Logistics Administration EBA: Executive Business Administration 3 years (flexible)
All organisations, national and international, local and regional, need to have their stocks and inventory well managed, cared for and efficiently organised. All company owners and executives know that their stores and inventory can represent a high proportion of the organisation’s assets and that without good inventory management the organization will suffer. Therefore somebody with the training, skills and knowledge to manage inventory professionally - as provided by this Program - will be able to secure a good job and become a valuable member of the organisation.
Related, wider and higher studies are offered by CIC in purchasing, logistics and supply chain management and administration, and related subjects, and provide routes to studies in related and similar areas of study.
There is a wide range of options for further study - see the "Related Courses" section for suggestions - which include Honours Diplomas, ABA & Baccalaureate Programmes, and the 'Double Award' EBA & BBA Bachelor degree Programme. You are welcome to ask the College for advice, and of course you can see details of these Programmes on this website.
Sign up to this course
Duration & Assessments
The Study Period is one year (12 months) but this is flexible; the Diploma can be completed in a shorter period, or you can take longer if necessary.READ MORE »
To gain your Diploma you need to sit and pass an Examination/Assessment. Full and clear details about this are provided to you, including in your Study & Training Guide, after you have enrolled. The clear information explains when, where and how your Examination/Assessment will be arranged - it is a simple and straightforward process, which hundreds of thousands of other Members have successfully gone through. If you study well, and follow the advice in the CIC Study & Training Guide, then you should be able to achieve high marks and good grades, and obtain your prestigious International Diploma!
(See the College Prospectus, or the “Frequently Asked Questions” section on the “Contact Us” page of this website, if you would like more information.)
An international accredited qualification for professional development and career success showing you have substantial skills, competence and knowledge.