Purchasing & Resourcing Management
This Program is specially designed to teach the skills and knowledge needed to become well-trained and successful purchasing and resourcing professional and manager.
Whether an enterprise is involved in manufacturing, distribution or providing a service, the function of purchasing or 'buying' is a job for trained professionals. Proficient purchasing can greatly increase the efficiency, competitiveness and profitability of a business; but unwise buying can seriously damage its operations, reputation and profits. This very practical Program covers the responsibilities and duties of professional buyers, and looks at the importance of policy, quality, supplier relationships and negotiations, and of personnel and planning issues in purchasing management.
(1) For the period 1st April to 30th September 2020, anyone enrolling for this Program will also be enrolled FREE for a Course on Leadership & Organisation if you provide a personal email address;
(2) During the "Covid-19" (Corona) virus pandemic, Members may opt to take an Assignment (home-based course work) instead of an Examination to complete the Program.
- Summary of major topics
- What is included
- Related courses
- Study & Career development
Major Topics Covered in this Diploma Program include:
- Defining and setting purchasing objectives and resourcing strategy.
- Purchasing policy formulation and its implementation, evaluation and control; the strategic options.
- Logistics and purchasing; just-in-time manufacture and buying processes; distribution channels.
- Purchasing organisations: centralisation and decentralisation of the function.
- The place of purchasing in the management hierarchy.
- Job structures, job analysis and and job specifications for purchasing staff and the department.
- Administration and co-ordination of the purchasing and resourcing role, purchasing performance.
- The concept and role of total quality management, planning, creating and supporting partnerships.
- Purchasing procedures, documentation, records, control systems.
- Information technology and its effects on purchasing and supply, database facilities, using statistics.
- Master production schedules, their uses and control.
- Supplier appraisal, the aims, how appraisal and investigations are undertaken.
- Deciding on suitable suppliers.
- Human resource management in the supply chain.
- HR planning, recruitment, training and development, supervision, control.
- Management styles and leadership, motivation, employee relations, discipline, task/relationship.
- Sourcing; matching supply with demand and production needs, materials requirement planning.
- Specifying and assuring quality of supplies; quality control and standards.
- Controlling prices, costs and quality.
- New and potential suppliers, the stages in negotiations, bargaining, win-win outcomes.
- Tendering, forecasting, costing in resourcing, the processes and techniques.
- Buying power and relationships with long-term suppliers, purchasing research, ethical considerations.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE MODEST CIC FEE
Your CIC Fee includes:-
- Your enrolment/registration with Cambridge International College, and your own high-quality, professionally produced and illustrated comprehensive International CIC Study & Training Publications.
- A detailed, professional ‘Study & Training Guide’ with full instructions on how to study to achieve success and gain top results. The Guide includes detailed advice on how to answer Self-Assessment Tests, Training Tests and Examinations.
- Self-Assessment Tests and Recommended Answers for them, and a Progress Chart.
- Two Progress/Training Tests (which can be used as ‘Past Papers/Questions’) with an optional Tutorial Support Service.
- The Final Examination** sat under Invigilation/Supervision in your own area - full details, guidance and explanation of how your Examination will be arranged and how Invigilation is conducted will be provided when you register. Note, CIC arranges Examinations in over a hundred countries worldwide for thousands of Members every year; it is a flexible, straightforward process and will be arranged when YOU are ready to write your Examination. **An Assignment Option is available instead of an Exam for the ‘Covid-19’ (Corona) virus period.
- The prestigious Cambridge International College Diploma on successful completion of your Study & Training and on passing the Final Examination.
- Your personal page on CIC’s Member Services website with access to results, despatch details, advice and guidance, and more: www.cambridgeinternationalcollege.co.uk
- Regular information and news including: Newsletters with details of special offers and new Programs and much more; and Competition Forms; by email and post.
Everything needed for your Study & Training success is included in the CIC Fee.
- Further Study and Training Advice, and Assistance is available before, during and after CIC Study & Training; Members may ask CIC’s team of experienced Consultants for advice on further study and Programmes to improve career prospects and advancement.
- CIC’s experienced and helpful staff can assist with numerous special requests, such as reference/recommendation letters and transcripts, and more, by post and email.
This Program provides an excellent foundation for a successful career in purchasing, resourcing, buying, quality management and related career areas. Whether entering the purchasing and supply field for the first time, looking for promotion, or needing to achieve managerial skills, this Program is designed to provide all of the knowledge and understanding needed to achieve these goals.
Further studies are available in related areas, and which build upon the essentials of a thorough knowledge of this increasingly important subject.
There is a wide range of options for further study - see the "Related Courses" section for suggestions - which include Honours Diplomas, ABA & Baccalaureate Programmes, and the 'Double Award' EBA & BBA Bachelor degree Programme. You are welcome to ask the College for advice, and of course you can see details of these Programmes on this website.
Sign up to this course
Duration & Assessments
The Study Period is one year (12 months) but this is flexible; the Diploma can be completed in a shorter period, or you can take longer if necessary.READ MORE »
To gain your Diploma you need to sit and pass an Examination** (based entirely upon the contents of the Study Materials provided to you in your Program Fee). Full and clear details about preparing for and sitting the Exam are provided to you, including in your Study & Training Guide, when you enrol. The clear information explains when, where and how your Examination will be arranged - it is a simple and straightforward process, which hundreds of thousands of other Members have successfully gone through. If you study well and follow the advice in the CIC Study & Training Guide you should be able to achieve high marks and good grades - and obtain your prestigious International Diploma!
**An Assignment Option is available instead of an Exam for the ‘Covid-19’ (Corona) virus period.
(See the College Prospectus, or the “Frequently Asked Questions” section on the “Contact Us” page of this website, if you would like more information.)
An international accredited qualification for professional development and career success showing you have substantial skills, competence and knowledge.