Honours (Higher) Diploma on
Police Leadership & Management
The Programme provides in-depth but easy-to-assimilate essential understanding and knowledge for becoming an effective, competent and respected manager and leader, and covers strategic, academic, practical and leadership issues for senior police practitioners.
(1) Anybody enrolling for this Program before 30th October 2021 will also be enrolled FREE for a Course on Leadership & Organisation; the only requirement is that you provide your personal email address to the College on enrolment.
(2) During the "Covid-19" (Corona) virus pandemic, Members may opt to take an Assignment (home-based course work) instead of an Examination to complete the Program.
- Summary of major topics
- What is included
- Related courses
- Study & Career development
The Programme comprises of four Subjects/Courses; they are all compulsory/mandatory courses of study:-
Management & Administration
Leadership & Team Management
- Advanced Management & Administration Theory & Practice
Summarised details of each course comprising the Honours Diploma:
Management & Administration
1: Management, Teamwork, The Environment
2: The Functions of Management
3: The Responsibilities of Management
4: Delegation, Organisation & Structure
5: Communication in Management
6: Planning, Forecasting, Budgetary Control
7: Managing Personnel, Recruitment & Selection
8: HR Policy, Training & Development
9: Industrial Relations
10: Managers & Subordinates, Working Relations
11: Leadership Style, Teams, Management Theory
12: Management Qualities, Learning, Promotion
1: Experience, Evidence, Developing Leadership
2: Politics and Policing
3: Challenges, Boundaries, Cultures and Practices
4: Police Leadership, Management, and Command
5: Principled and Ethical Policing
6: Leading Ethical Investigations
7: Police and Community Engagement
8: Police Leadership in Fractured Societies
9: Women in Police Leadership
10: Learning to Lead in a Policing Context
11: Policing Research and Practice
12: Change Leadership and Models in Policing
Leadership & Team Management
1: Managing Human, Financial & Material Resources
2: Planning, Organising, Roles, Training, Team Goals
3: Supervision, Control, Work Relationships
4: Areas of Management Responsibility
5: Delegation Process, Decision-Making, Initiative
6: Team Building, Group Norms, Values
7: Leadership Styles, Task v Relationship, Conflict
8: Types of Team, Team Life Cycles, Team Roles
9: Action-Centred Leadership, Accountability
10: Motivation Theories, Equity & Expectancy
11: Communication and Communication Skills
12: Coaching, Training, Development, Discipline
Advanced Management & Administration
1: Management Theory, Authority, Command
2: Organization, the Environment, Systems Theory
3: Spans of Control, Centralisation, Decentralisation
4: Motivational Theories, Psychology, Conflict
5: Leadership Theory, Group Behaviour, Culture
6: Strategic Management, Objectives, SWOT
7: PEST Analysis, Rivalry, Competition, Business
8: Managing Change, Change Factors, Resistance
9: Mission, Vision, Objectives, Values, MOST
10: Stakeholders, Supply Chains, CSR
11: Communication, Attitude, Barriers, Cognition
12: Ethics, Compliance, Codes of Conduct
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE FEE FOR THIS HONOURS GROUP DIPLOMA PROGRAMME
Your CIC Fee includes:-
- Your enrolment/registration with Cambridge International College.
- Your own high-quality, professionally produced and illustrated comprehensive International CIC Core Study Publications for each of the four (4) Subjects/Courses.
- CIC’s detailed, professional ‘Study & Training Guide’ with full instructions on how to study to achieve success and gain top results. The Guide includes detailed advice on how to answer Tests and Examinations.
- Training Tests, Questions and Exercises (which can be used as ‘Past Papers/Questions’), and Recommended Answers for most of them.
- An Examination** set for each of the 4 core courses; each Examination is sat under Invigilation/Supervision in your own area - full details, guidance and explanation of how your Examinations will be arranged and how Invigilation is conducted will be provided when you register. Note, CIC arranges Examinations in over a hundred countries worldwide for thousands of Members every year; it is a flexible, straightforward process and will be arranged when YOU are ready to write your Examination. **There is an alternative Assignment Option - a maximum of 2 Subjects/Courses may be assessed through Assignment instead of Examination.
- A prestigious Cambridge International College Diploma on successful completion of Study & Training and on passing the Examination for EACH of the 4 core Subjects/Courses, PLUS the International Honours Group Diploma when all 4 courses have been completed - this is a total of 5 awards - 4 individual Diplomas plus the Honours Diploma.
- Your personal page on CIC’s Member Services website with access to results, despatch details, advice and guidance, and more: www.cambridgeinternationalcollege.co.uk
- Regular information and news including: Newsletters with details of special offers and new Programs and much more; and Competition Forms; by email and post.
- Everything needed for your Study & Training success is included in the CIC Fee.
- Further Study and Training Advice, and Assistance is available before, during and after CIC Study & Training; Members may ask CIC’s team of experienced Consultants for advice on further study and Programmes to improve career prospects and advancement.
- CIC’s experienced and helpful staff can assist with numerous special requests, such as reference/recommendation letters and transcripts, and more, by post and email.
- Public Administration & Management Diploma 12 months (flexible)
- Management & Administration (EBA) EBA: Executive Business Administration 3 years (flexible)
- Leadership & Strategic Administration EBA: Executive Business Administration 3 years (flexible)
- Leadership & Management (EMBA) EMBA: Executive Mastery of Business Administration 3 years (flexible)
- Insurance, Risk Management & Administration (BIRA) Baccalaureate 2 years (flexible)
Further studies are available in a wide range of management and leadership areas in particular, including at EBA and EMBA levels.
The detailed and valuable Programme opens up career opportunities for new jobs and promotion in many areas - including public service and careers relating to the Police and government administration - where excellent knowledge and understanding of supervising, motivating, leading and teamwork is required.
Sign up to this course
Duration & Assessments
The standard Study Period is 21 to 24 months, but this is flexible; the course can be completed in a shorter period, or longer if required.READ MORE »
To gain your Honours Diploma you need to sit and pass a written Examination/Assessment on each of the 4 Subjects in your Honours Diploma ‘group’. Full and clear details about this are provided to you, including in your personal Study & Training Guide, after you have enrolled. The clear information explains when, where and how your Examination/Assessment will be arranged - it is a simple and straightforward process, which hundreds of thousands of other Members have successfully gone through. If you study well and follow the advice in the CIC Study & Training Guide, then you should be able to achieve your prestigious Honours Diploma in good time!
(See the “WHAT IS INCLUDED” section for this Course, and/or the “FAQs - Frequently Asked Questions” section of this website, if you would like more information.)
Four Diplomas AND the Honours Diploma, certifying you have demonstrated high levels of knowledge and expertise in management, teamwork and police leadership.