Educational Leadership, Psychology and Administration
A Program covering key aspects of educational administration, leadership, motivation and psychology
For education to be effective and successful, those involved must fully understand the educational process and its needs - and be able to manage, lead, motivate and direct educational teams.
Key topics including curriculum design, deciding on educational objectives, the psychological and motivational aspects of education, and how to manage educational teams, departments, schools and regions; this and more is covered by this interesting and developmental Program.
Professional educators include senior teachers, head teachers, ministerial staff, education officers, educational researchers and psychologists, and many others; all will benefit from studying this Program.
(1) For the period 1st April to 30th September 2020, anyone enrolling for this Program will also be enrolled FREE for a Course on Leadership & Organisation if you provide a personal email address;
(2) During the "Covid-19" (Corona) virus pandemic, Members may opt to take an Assignment (home-based course work) instead of an Examination to complete the Program.
- Summary of major topics
- What is included
- Related courses
- Study & Career development
Module 1 - Traditional and Modern Education
- Purposes of Education, Education History, Modern Education Systems and What is Taught
- Formal Education, Preschool, Primary, Secondary, Higher/Tertiary, Vocational and Special Education
- Differences Between Teachers and Educators, Traits, Skills, Passion, Drive, Dedication
- How Education Benefits a Nation, Training Workers, Productivity and Economic Growth, Society
Module 2 - The Learning Process
- Types Of Learning, Mental and Physical Factors, Physiological Basis of Learning
- The Learning Process, Models of Learning, The Perceptual Process, Stages in Perceptual Learning
- Types of Learners, Cognitive Learning, Passive and Active Learning, The Learning Pyramid
- Motivation for Learning, Motivation and Learning Styles, Social and Personal Motives, Emotion
Module 3 - Educational Research
- Pedagogy, Teaching Philosophy, Research Methodology
- Approaches to Research, Applied and Action Research, Individual, School and Collaborative Research
- Types of Educational Research, Validity of Research, Empirical Evidence, Research Design
- Learning Strategies, Scaffolding Strategies in Education and Teaching
Module 4 - Educational Psychology
- The Role and Scope of Educational Psychology, History and Leading Figures
- Behavioural, Development, Cognitive and Constructivist Perspectives
- Goal Theory and Education Outcomes of Goals, Intrinsic and Extrinsic Motivation:
- Praise as a Motivating Tool, Adaptive and Maladaptive Motivation, Academically At-Risk Students
Module 5 - Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs
- Deficiency Needs and Being Needs, Effects of Deficits, Continuance of Growth Needs
- Categories, The Extended Hierarchy, Cognitive and Aesthetic Needs, Lower and Higher Order Needs
- Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs Applied to Students and Education
- Group Learning Projects, Cooperation, Preparation, Practical Implementation
Module 6 - Curriculum Design and Development
- The Extent of Curricula, Scope, Interpretation, Nation-Wide, State-Wide, District-Wide, Local Levels
- Learning Standards, Subject Areas, Educational Goals
- Courses and Course Design, Subjects, Syllabi, Curriculum Design, Lessons And Lesson Plans
- Learning Objectives and Outcomes, Academic Expectations
Module 7 - Education Management and Administration
- Educational Inputs, Outputs and Outcomes, Schools as Organizations
- Educational Management, what it Involves, Leadership, Educational Administration
- School Hierarchy, Vision, Aims, Objectives, Management Functions, Middle Leadership in Schools
- Education Personnel Teaching and Non-Teaching Roles, School Inspectors
Module 8 - Leadership in Education
- School Heads and Leadership, Leadership Styles, Situational Leadership, Developing a Good Style
- School Head Duties and Responsibilities, Governors or Trustees, Deputy, Vice and Assistant Heads
- School Office Personnel, School Support Staff, Bursars and Business Managers
- Delegation in Schools, Authority, Accountability, Mistakes to Avoid, Monitoring Performance
Module 9 - Human Resource Management in Education
- Importance of HR to Schools or Educational Institutions, Differences From Other Workplaces
- Identifying Staffing Needs, National and Local Institution Appointments
- Recruitment, Job Analysis, Job Descriptions, Selecting Candidates, Interviews, Probation, Contracts
- Induction, Teacher Training and Motivation, Personality And Needs, Work Environment
Module 10 - Teams and Team Management in Education
- Teams of Teachers and Non-Teaching Staff, What Distinguishes a Team, Team Work, Team Leaders
- Stages in Team Formation, Team Values and Goals, Teacher Collaboration:
- Staff Appraisal, Reasons and Conduct, Staff Counselling
- The School Community, School Climate, Stakeholders
Module 11 - School and Education Effectiveness
- School Effectiveness and School Improvement
- Measuring School Effectiveness, Factors Influencing School Effectiveness
- Monitoring and Evaluation of School Effectiveness, Gathering and Analysing Data, Use of Results
- Safety and Security in Educational Establishments, Hazards, Risks, Accident Prevention, First Aid
Module 12 - National Organisation of Education
- Ministries and Departments of Education, Politics, Ministers, Ministries, Ministry Personnel
- Education Directors, Duties, Regional, District and Local Education Authorities, Public Service
- Allocation of Education Resources, Types of Education Resources, Education Budgets
- The School Budget, Sources of Funding, Expenditure and Common Categories of School Outgoings
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE MODEST CIC FEE
Your CIC Fee includes:-
- Your enrolment/registration with Cambridge International College, and your own high-quality, professionally produced and illustrated comprehensive International CIC Study & Training Publications.
- A detailed, professional ‘Study & Training Guide’ with full instructions on how to study to achieve success and gain top results. The Guide includes detailed advice on how to answer Self-Assessment Tests, Training Tests and Examinations.
- Self-Assessment Tests and Recommended Answers for them, and a Progress Chart.
- Progress/Training Tests (which can be used as ‘Past Papers/Questions’) with an optional Tutorial Support Service.
- The Final Examination** sat under Invigilation/Supervision in your own area - full details, guidance and explanation of how your Examination will be arranged and how Invigilation is conducted will be provided when you register. Note, CIC arranges Examinations in over a hundred countries worldwide for thousands of Members every year; it is a flexible, straightforward process and will be arranged when YOU are ready to write your Examination. **An Assignment Option is available instead of an Exam for the ‘Covid-19’ (Corona) virus period.
- The prestigious Cambridge International College Diploma on successful completion of your Study & Training and on passing the Final Examination.
- Your personal page on CIC’s Member Services website with access to results, despatch details, advice and guidance, and more: www.cambridgeinternationalcollege.co.uk
- Regular information and news including: Newsletters with details of special offers and new Programs and much more; and Competition Forms; by email and post.
Everything needed for your Study & Training success is included in the CIC Fee.
- Further Study and Training Advice, and Assistance is available before, during and after CIC Study & Training; Members may ask CIC’s team of experienced Consultants for advice on further study and Programmes to improve career prospects and advancement.
- CIC’s experienced and helpful staff can assist with numerous special requests, such as reference/recommendation letters and transcripts, and more, by post and email.
- Classroom Management & Psychology for Teachers Diploma 12 months (flexible)
- Education & School Leadership ABA: Advanced Business Administration 2 years (flexible)
- Education, School Leadership & Administration EBA: Executive Business Administration 3 years (flexible)
- Education Leadership & School Administration (BELA) Baccalaureate 2 years (flexible)
There is a range of related, additional and further studies available if required, ranging from Diploma Programs focusing on Teaching, to degree-level Programmes on School Leadership and School Development.
The Program opens up job opportunities in a wide range of educational fields and types of jobs, including teaching, administration, leadership and oversight. Whether for "the first steps" in an educational career, or to development and seeking promotion and higher posts and responsibilities, this Program can help to move your career forward.
Sign up to this course
Duration & Assessments
The Study Period is one year (12 months) but this is flexible; the Diploma can be completed in a shorter period, or you can take longer if necessary.READ MORE »
To gain your Diploma you need to sit and pass an Examination** (based entirely upon the contents of the Study Materials provided to you in your Program Fee). Full and clear details about preparing for and sitting the Exam are provided to you, including in your Study & Training Guide, when you enrol. The clear information explains when, where and how your Examination will be arranged - it is a simple and straightforward process, which hundreds of thousands of other Members have successfully gone through. If you study well and follow the advice in the CIC Study & Training Guide you should be able to achieve high marks and good grades - and obtain your prestigious International Diploma!
**An Assignment Option is available instead of an Exam for the ‘Covid-19’ (Corona) virus period.
(See the College Prospectus, or the “Frequently Asked Questions” section on the “Contact Us” page of this website, if you would like more information.)
An international accredited qualification for professional development and career success showing you have substantial skills, competence and knowledge.