Commercial Practice & Law
A Program for all business people, managers, owners and others who need to understand commerce and the commercial world, the essentials of business law, their legal responsibilities, and how to ensure that contracts, sales and commercial dealings are correctly conducted.
This interesting Program teaches about many aspects of commerce and elements of commercial law which all business and commercial people, and anybody with organisational responsibilities, need to understand. It is essential that business people understand laws relating to commercial activity, especially the law of contract and the law of tort, as failure to comply with the law can lead to civil or criminal actions, fines, loss of business or personal possessions, and imprisonment. This Program covers vital topics on legal transactions, ethical conduct and the best way to safely conduct the practice of business.
- Summary of major topics
- What is included
- Related courses
- Study & Career development
Summary of Major Topics Covered in this Diploma Program include:
- The place of commerce and trade in the modern commercial world.
- How the elements of commerce evolved and developed.
- Modern business, the role of money and banking, transport, hospitality, insurance, law and communication.
- The types of economies in which organisations transact business and operate.
- Sources and categories of law: constitutional, customary, common, statute, case law.
- Criminal and civil law.
- Commercial law, the law of contract: an offer, an acceptance, the financial consideration.
- Terms and conditions of trade; what they are, standards, how they are presented.
- Credit and credit transactions, affects on cash flow and liquidity, risks associated with credit, credit management.
- Transactions and documents used in business - layout, content, interpretation, preparation.
- Types of business: sole-owners, partnerships, limited companies.
- Financing companies; matters relating to ownership, capital, shares, shareholders, share certificates, shareholders’ agreements.
- Legal obligations of company directors, the company secretary duties, annual returns, general meetings.
- Tort liability for defective goods, product liability and the law, the law relating to defective services.
- Employment law, health and safety in the workplace, legal protection of employees against dismissal, redundancy and discrimination.
- The law of agency, the creation of agency, the rights and duties of agents and principals.
- Intellectual property law.
- Transfer of ownership, performance, legal remedies for breach of contract and of confidence.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE MODEST CIC FEE
Your CIC Fee includes:-
- Your enrolment/registration with Cambridge International College, and your own high-quality, professionally produced and illustrated comprehensive International CIC Study & Training Publications.
- A detailed, professional ‘Study & Training Guide’ with full instructions on how to study to achieve success and gain top results. The Guide includes detailed advice on how to answer Self-Assessment Tests, Training Tests and Examinations.
- Self-Assessment Tests and Recommended Answers for them, and a Progress Chart.
- Two Progress/Training Tests (which can be used as ‘Past Papers/Questions’) with an optional Tutorial Support Service.
- The Final Examination sat under Invigilation/Supervision in your own area - full details, guidance and explanation of how your Examination will be arranged and how Invigilation is conducted will be provided when you register. Note, CIC arranges Examinations in over a hundred countries worldwide for thousands of Members every year; it is a flexible, straightforward process and will be arranged when YOU are ready to write your Examination.
- The prestigious Cambridge International College Diploma on successful completion of your Study & Training and on passing the Final Examination.
- Your personal page on CIC’s Member Services website with access to results, despatch details, advice and guidance, and more: www.cambridgeinternationalcollege.co.uk
- Regular information and news including: Newsletters with details of special offers and new Programs and much more; and Competition Forms; by email and post.
Everything needed for your Study & Training success is included in the CIC Fee.
- Further Study and Training Advice, and Assistance is available before, during and after CIC Study & Training; Members may ask CIC’s team of experienced Consultants for advice on further study and Programmes to improve career prospects and advancement.
- CIC’s experienced and helpful staff can assist with numerous special requests, such as reference/recommendation letters and transcripts, and more, by post and email.
This Program is suitable for people seeking general and managerial posts in business, for men and women who wish to manage their own businesses effectively and correctly, and for those who wish to know the principles of commercial law and how to successfully and carefully ensure that business transactions, sales and trade are responsibly conducted. Knowing the principles of commerce and commercial law, especially regarding liability, tort and contracts, will make you an invaluable asset to your organisation.
The variety of further and related studies available is huge, covering all elements of trade (domestic and overseas), business and commerce, as well as the far-ranging field of law. For a general expansion of related knowledge the CIC Honours Diplomas with an element of business are recommended, as are the Baccalaureate and/or EBA programmes are recommended; and other studies including the Mastery of Management Graduate Diploma in Law are offered too.
There is a wide range of options for further study - see the "Related Courses" section for suggestions - which include Honours Diplomas, ABA & Baccalaureate Programmes, and the 'Double Award' EBA & BBA Bachelor degree Programme. You are welcome to ask the College for advice, and of course you can see details of these Programmes on this website.
Sign up to this course
Duration & Assessments
The Study Period is one year (12 months) but this is flexible; the Diploma can be completed in a shorter period, or you can take longer if necessary.READ MORE »
To gain your Diploma you need to sit and pass an Examination/Assessment. Full and clear details about this are provided to you, including in your Study & Training Guide, after you have enrolled. The clear information explains when, where and how your Examination/Assessment will be arranged - it is a simple and straightforward process, which hundreds of thousands of other Members have successfully gone through. If you study well, and follow the advice in the CIC Study & Training Guide, then you should be able to achieve high marks and good grades, and obtain your prestigious International Diploma!
(See the College Prospectus, or the “Frequently Asked Questions” section on the “Contact Us” page of this website, if you would like more information.)
A valuable qualification for professional development and career success showing your substantial competence, knowledge, commercial and legal understanding.