Business Entrepreneurship & Organisation
This Program explains how to put business ideas into practice, how to develop a business, and how to successfully manage and organise its operations.
The Program starts from basic principles, explaining how ideas for businesses can be made in to reality. It covers the registering and establishment of a business, defining and preparing a business plan, sources of finance and then managing finances carefully, choosing a business location, renting premises, furnishing and equipping premises and offices, ordering goods/materials (purchasing and stores), selling, accounting, employing staff, business documentation, and more. The Program gives valuable practical advice from successful business owners, supervisors and managers with vast experience of running profitable businesses, and lots of practical advice on how to avoid pitfalls and problems that can harm new and developing businesses.
(1) For the period 1st April to 30th September 2020, anyone enrolling for this Program will also be enrolled free for a Course on Leadership & Organisation if you provide a personal email address;
(2) During the "Covid-19" (Corona) virus pandemic, Members may opt to take an Assignment (home-based course work) instead of an Examination to complete the Program.
(Note: this Program was previously offered under the title of "Business Organisation & Management")
- Summary of major topics
- What is included
- Related courses
- Study & Career development
Major Topics Covered in this Diploma Program include:
- Entrepreneurship and the first steps in developing a business; deciding on the ‘venture’.
- The importance of a sound business plan; raising the capital, sources of capital.
- Starting or ‘taking over’ a business; the asking price, goodwill, sales agreements, going concerns.
- The business environment, types of enterprises, goods, services, products.
- Types of business ownership:
- sole owners, partnership firms, limited liability companies;
- the features, advantages and disadvantages of each type.
- Business incorporation and registration, personal liability, matters relating to profits, franchises.
- Business location: factors to consider; the business market, consumers and customers, competition.
- Renting or buying premises, leases, layout of the premises.
- Premises: services needed, machines, furniture and equipment, displays; security, insurance.
- Ordering and storing goods and materials, choosing suppliers.
- Location, layout and management of stores and stocks; stock control.
- Sales techniques, and principles of selling, giving sales demonstrations.
- Advertising, media, sales promotion, public relations, websites.
- Human resources: recruitment and employing and training staff.
- Human Resources: supervision and control, salaries, wages, benefits.
- Management and delegation of responsibility.
- Structuring and organising an enterprise.
- Forecasting, budgets. overheads.
- Working capital and working capital management - the importance of the right balance.
- Financial matters: financial forecasting and planning, budgets and budgeting.
- Bookkeeping, financial accounting, credit and credit control.
- Business documents, sales documents.
- Banking and bank accounts, receiving and making payments, checking and paying bills.
- Principles of economics, demand and supply, pricing; import, export, international trade.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE MODEST CIC FEE
Your CIC Fee includes:-
- Your enrolment/registration with Cambridge International College, and your own high-quality, professionally produced and illustrated comprehensive International CIC Study & Training Publications.
- A detailed, professional ‘Study & Training Guide’ with full instructions on how to study to achieve success and gain top results. The Guide includes detailed advice on how to answer Self-Assessment Tests, Training Tests and Examinations.
- Self-Assessment Tests and Recommended Answers for them, and a Progress Chart.
- Two Progress/Training Tests (which can be used as ‘Past Papers/Questions’) with an optional Tutorial Support Service.
- The Final Examination** sat under Invigilation/Supervision in your own area - full details, guidance and explanation of how your Examination will be arranged and how Invigilation is conducted will be provided when you register. Note, CIC arranges Examinations in over a hundred countries worldwide for thousands of Members every year; it is a flexible, straightforward process and will be arranged when YOU are ready to write your Examination. **An Assignment Option is available instead of an Exam for the ‘Covid-19’ (Corona) virus period.
- The prestigious Cambridge International College Diploma on successful completion of your Study & Training and on passing the Final Examination.
- Your personal page on CIC’s Member Services website with access to results, despatch details, advice and guidance, and more: www.cambridgeinternationalcollege.co.uk
- Regular information and news including: Newsletters with details of special offers and new Programs and much more; and Competition Forms; by email and post.
Everything needed for your Study & Training success is included in the CIC Fee.
- Further Study and Training Advice, and Assistance is available before, during and after CIC Study & Training; Members may ask CIC’s team of experienced Consultants for advice on further study and Programmes to improve career prospects and advancement.
- CIC’s experienced and helpful staff can assist with numerous special requests, such as reference/recommendation letters and transcripts, and more, by post and email.
- Business Management & Administration Diploma 12 months (flexible)
- Business Administration Honours (Higher) Diploma 21 months (flexible)
- Business Development Honours (Higher) Diploma 21 months (flexible)
- Business Administration EBA: Executive Business Administration 3 years (flexible)
- International Business & Trade Diploma 12 months (flexible)
This practical Program provides essential knowledge and understanding of business matters needed for starting up or taking over or developing a business profitably and successfully. It will therefore enable people to become entrepreneurs and/or effective business people and managers, and is very helpful for anyone involved in business organisation and seeking career advancement.
It is recommended that Business Management & Administration, either as another Diploma Program or as part of an Honours Diploma or Baccalaureate or ABA Programme, is studied next. That will then provide many options for even higher studies - if needed!
There is a wide range of options for further study - see the "Related Courses" section for suggestions - which include Honours Diplomas, ABA & Baccalaureate Programmes, and the 'Double Award' EBA & BBA Bachelor degree Programme. You are welcome to ask the College for advice, and of course you can see details of these Programmes on this website.
Sign up to this course
Duration & Assessments
The Study Period is one year (12 months) but this is flexible; the Diploma can be completed in a shorter period, or you can take longer if necessary.READ MORE »
To gain your Diploma you need to sit and pass an Examination** (based entirely upon the contents of the Study Materials provided to you in your Program Fee). Full and clear details about preparing for and sitting the Exam are provided to you, including in your Study & Training Guide, when you enrol. The clear information explains when, where and how your Examination will be arranged - it is a simple and straightforward process, which hundreds of thousands of other Members have successfully gone through. If you study well and follow the advice in the CIC Study & Training Guide you should be able to achieve high marks and good grades - and obtain your prestigious International Diploma!
**An Assignment Option is available instead of an Exam for the ‘Covid-19’ (Corona) virus period.
(See the College Prospectus, or the “Frequently Asked Questions” section on the “Contact Us” page of this website, if you would like more information.)
An international accredited qualification for professional development and career success showing you have substantial skills, competence and knowledge.