Mastery of Management Graduate Diploma on
Financial Strategy & Decisions
A carefully explained, understandable Program on business finance covering both theoretical concepts and the practical aspects of finance for managers and executives.
The useful and well-explained theories and practices on financial strategy and making financial decisions covered in this Program apply to both the private and public sector, and to limited companies, groups of companies, partnerships, cooperatives or other forms of organisation.
This Program first deals with decisions regarding how to finance the operations of an organisation, the stock exchange, gearing and dividends, with a balance of theory and looking at what happens in reality; the focus on finance covers how decisions are made on the most appropriate sources to finance particular investments and financing decisions. The Program then focuses on integrated financial decision areas which deal with matters combining aspects of investment, finance and management.
Although theory is covered, it is done so in a way which makes it applicable, understandable and useful to the men and women involved in finance and financial decision in the organisations for which they work - and for those looking for promotion within an organisation.
(Note: the Program ‘follows on’ from the CIC Program on Business Finance & Investment that dealt with the business finance environment and investment decisions; it is recommended but not compulsory that CIC’s Business Finance & Investment be studied before this Program.)
(1) For the period 1st April to 30th September 2020, anyone enrolling for this Program will also be enrolled free for a Course on Leadership & Organisation if you provide a personal email address;
(2) During the "Covid-19" (Corona) virus pandemic, Members may opt to take an Assignment (home-based course work) instead of an Examination to complete the Program.
- Summary of major topics
- What is included
- Related courses
- Study & Career development
Summary of Major Topics:
- Finance decisions and the sources of long-term finance
- The cost of capital and discount rates
- The secondary capital market and it efficiency
- The role and mechanisms of the Stock Exchange
- The costs of capital and finance, estimating costs, and the discount rate
- The theory of weighted average cost of capital and the CAPM model
- Financial gearing and the cost of capital
- The concept and management of shareholders’ wealth
- Dividends in theory and practice, dividend decisions
- Management of working capital, short-term finance and liquidity
- Corporate and business restructuring
- Mergers, takeovers and divestments
- Present value tables and annuity tables
- International business finance, exchange rates
- Foreign investments and portfolio theory
- Finance for smaller businesses, issues, taxes, objectives and decisions
(A more detailed outline of contents is available on request)
Your CIC Fee includes:-
- Your enrolment/registration with Cambridge International College, and your own high-quality, professionally produced and illustrated comprehensive Core Study Publication and supplementary Study Publication.
- Study & Training Guidance with advice on how to study to achieve success and gain top results.
- A detailed, professionally written Examinations Guide which includes expert advice, guidance and tips on how to prepare for, approach and answer Examinations in order to achieve the best results.
- Test Questions, (which can be used as ‘Past Papers/Questions’) and Model Answers for them, and additional suggested activities.
- The Final Examination** sat under Invigilation/Supervision in your own area - full details, guidance and explanation of how your Examination will be arranged and how Invigilation is conducted will be provided when you register. Note, CIC arranges Examinations in over a hundred countries worldwide for thousands of Members every year; it is a flexible, straightforward process and will be arranged when YOU are ready to write your Examination. The prestigious Cambridge International College Mastery of Management Graduate Diploma when you pass the Final Examination. **An Assignment Option via email is available instead of an Exam for the 'Covid-19' (Corona) virus period.
- Your personal page on CIC’s Member Services website with access to results, despatch details, advice and guidance, and more: www.cambridgeinternationalcollege.co.uk
- Regular information and news including: Newsletters with details of special offers and new Programs and much more; and Competition Forms; by email and post.
Everything needed for your Study & Training success is included in the CIC Fee.
Further Study and Training Advice, and Assistance is available before, during and after CIC Study & Training; Members may ask CIC’s team of experienced Consultants for advice on further study and Programmes to improve career prospects and advancement.
CIC’s experienced and helpful staff can assist with numerous special requests, such as reference/recommendation letters and transcripts, and more, by post and email.
- Financial Management Diploma 12 months (flexible)
- Business Accounting & Finance Honours (Higher) Diploma 21 months (flexible)
- Business Finance & Investment Mastery of Management Graduate Diploma One year (flexible)
- Finance & Investment Administration EBA: Executive Business Administration 3 years (flexible)
- Financial Management (EMBA) EMBA: Executive Mastery of Business Administration 3 years (flexible)
This is essential study and training for men and women aiming to become respected, valued high-level managers, executives and/or financial controllers, and/or who need to gain an in-depth knowledge of this important area of finance and business. It opens up access to an important range of high-level career opportunities.
(Business and financial accounting knowledge and awards should already be held before undertaking this Program, which will give the best opportunities for future career and managerial success.)
This graduate-level Program is confirmation of your ability to successfully undertake further studies at graduate and postgraduate levels, in finance and in wider business and management studies.
There is a wide range of options for further study - see the "Related Courses" section for suggestions – which include the ‘wider’ syllabus ABA & Baccalaureate Programmes and the 'Double Award' EBA & BBA Bachelor degree Programme, and the 'Double Award' AMMBA & MBA degree Programme. You are welcome to ask the College for advice, and of course you can see details of these Programmes on this website.
Sign up to this course
Duration & Assessments
The standard Study Period is one year (12 months) but the actual time taken to complete the Mastery of Management Graduate Diploma is flexible.READ MORE »
To gain your prestigious high-level Mastery of Management Graduate Diploma you must sit and pass a written Examination/Assessment. Full and clear details about this are provided to you, including in your Study & Training Guide, after you have enrolled. The clear information explains when, where and how your Examination/Assessment will be arranged - it is a simple and straightforward process, which hundreds of thousands of other Members have successfully gone through. If you study well, and follow the advice in the CIC Study & Training Guide, then you should be able to achieve a good result and obtain your respected Graduate Diploma!
**An Assignment Option via email is available instead of an Exam for the 'Covid-19' (Corona) virus period.
(See the College Prospectus, or the “Frequently Asked Questions” section on the “Contact Us” page of this website, if you would like more information.)
A professional, graduate level qualification in preparation for a top-level, successful career in finance; knowledge of both practical and theoretical finance.