Mastery of Management Graduate Diploma on
Management of Human Resources
A Program about effective relationships in organisations, about human resource management and about understanding the behaviour of people at work, in order to make the best use of people, staff and employees, to the mutual benefit of all concerned.
This Program explains, balances and teaches about the two main approaches to HR; the ‘personnel management’ approach which is workforce-centred with most importance given to the support and correct treatment of the workforce; and the ‘human resource management’ approach which is resource-centred and it is management and organisational needs for human resources that are given priority. This detailed Program covers areas relating to management, behaviour, organisation within the field of the management of human resources.
The Program relates the study of human behaviour to that of management with an integrated view of theory and practice; it covers behavioural science and implications for management action; how performance may be improved through better understanding of human resources and effective management; and provides conceptual frameworks to better understand factors influencing patterns of behaviour in work organisations and the process of management.
(1) For the period 1st April to 30th September 2020, anyone enrolling for this Program will also be enrolled FREE for a Course on Leadership & Organisation if you provide a personal email address;
(2) During the "Covid-19" (Corona) virus pandemic, Members may opt to take an Assignment (home-based course work) instead of an Examination to complete the Program.
- Summary of major topics
- What is included
- Related courses
- Study & Career development
Summary of Major Topics:
- Understanding individuals at work, the differences between individuals, psychology
- Managing diversity in the workplace
- Personality and personality studies and assessments
- Attitudes, culture and change in the workplace
- Gender and organisational behaviour, equality in the workplace
- The nature of learning, its relevance to organisational behaviour
- How people learn and develop, development methods
- Learning theories, the learning organisation, knowledge management
- The process of perception, factors which provide meaning or bias
- Communication and transactional analysis
- The meaning and concepts of motivation
- Motivational theories and their relevance to work situations
- Needs, expectations and frustration
- The nature of workgroups and teams
- Formal and informal groups and their formation
- Factors affecting group effectiveness, cohesiveness and performance
- Team roles and functions, team membership, group dynamics
- Frameworks for behavioural analysis of teams and groups
- Managing change, improving performance
- Job satisfaction, job design, effects on performance at work
- Stress at work, factors creating and ways of dealing with stress
- Human resource management compared with personnel management
- HRM personnel policies, activities and functions
- Training, development, making sure training is effective
- Performance appraisal methods, potential problems
- Employee relations, legal and behavioural issues
- The personnel function and organisational performance
- Staffing the organisation, the importance and stages in human resource planning
- Job analysis, preparing job descriptions and person specifications
- Planned and systematic recruitment and job selection
- Interviewing style and skills
Your CIC Fee includes:-
- Your enrolment/registration with Cambridge International College, and your own high-quality, professionally produced and illustrated comprehensive Core Study Publication and supplementary Study Publication.
- Study & Training Guidance with advice on how to study to achieve success and gain top results.
- A detailed, professionally written Examinations Guide which includes expert advice, guidance and tips on how to prepare for, approach and answer Examinations in order to achieve the best results.
- Test Questions, (which can be used as ‘Past Papers/Questions’) and Model Answers for them, and additional Exercises, Tests and Activities.
- The Final Examination** sat under Invigilation/Supervision in your own area - full details, guidance and explanation of how your Examination will be arranged and how Invigilation is conducted will be provided when you register. Note, CIC arranges Examinations in over a hundred countries worldwide for thousands of Members every year; it is a flexible, straightforward process and will be arranged when YOU are ready to write your Examination. **An Assignment Option is available instead of an Exam for the ‘Covid-19’ (Corona) virus period.
- The prestigious Cambridge International College Mastery of Management Diploma when you pass the Final Examination.
- Your personal page on CIC’s Member Services website with access to results, despatch details, advice and guidance, and more: www.cambridgeinternationalcollege.co.uk
- Regular information and news including: Newsletters with details of special offers and new Programs and much more; and Competition Forms; by email and post.
Everything needed for your Study & Training success is included in the CIC Fee.
- Further Study and Training Advice, and Assistance is available before, during and after CIC Study & Training; Members may ask CIC’s team of experienced Consultants for advice on further study and Programmes to improve career prospects and advancement.
- CIC’s experienced and helpful staff can assist with numerous special requests, such as reference/recommendation letters and transcripts, and more, by post and email.
- Human Resource Administration Honours (Higher) Diploma 21 months (flexible)
- Human Resource Administration EBA: Executive Business Administration 3 years (flexible)
- Human Resource Management (EMBA) EMBA: Executive Mastery of Business Administration 3 years (flexible)
- Leadership & Team Management Diploma 12 months (flexible)
- English & Administration EBA: Executive Business Administration 3 years (flexible)
THis Program provides you with the knowledge and confidence which is needed to become a successful senior HR manager, executive, manager and administrator, and effective leader. This Program provides a thorough and detailed understand of the many factors influencing effective human resource management; it provides a solid understanding and knowledge of key issues, how to assess HR situations and requirements, and how to effectively react to HR and organizational circumstances. The
This graduate/MBA/MA-level Program is confirmation of your ability to successfully undertake further studies at graduate and postgraduate levels, in human resource, organizational behaviour, management and related studies.
There is a wide range of options for further study - see the "Related Courses" section for suggestions – which include the ‘wider’ syllabus ABA & Baccalaureate Programmes and the 'Double Award' EBA & BBA Bachelor degree Programme, and the 'Double Award' AMMBA & MBA degree Programme. You are welcome to ask the College for advice, and of course you can see details of these Programmes on this website.
Sign up to this course
Duration & Assessments
The standard Study Period is one year (12 months) but the actual time taken to complete the Mastery of Management Graduate Diploma is flexible.READ MORE »
To gain your prestigious high-level Mastery of Management Graduate Diploma you must sit and pass a written Examination/Assessment. Full and clear details about this are provided to you, including in your Study & Training Guide, after you have enrolled. The clear information explains when, where and how your Examination/Assessment will be arranged - it is a simple and straightforward process, which hundreds of thousands of other Members have successfully gone through. If you study well, and follow the advice in the CIC Study & Training Guide, then you should be able to achieve a good result and obtain your respected Graduate Diploma!
**An Assignment Option is available instead of an Exam for the ‘Covid-19’ (Corona) virus period.
(See the College Prospectus, or the “Frequently Asked Questions” section on the “Contact Us” page of this website, if you would like more information.)
A professional, graduate level qualification, ideal for high-level responsibility in HR, management, organization and related career areas.