Mastery of Management Graduate Diploma on
This Program provides a thorough, informative and interesting overview of the international marketing and planning process.
Effective international marketing is increasingly important with the growing trend of businesses selling their products and services across many countries. The globalisation of companies involves customers, producers, suppliers, and other stakeholders in the global marketing process, and this program covers these key factors. With many international examples this Program helps to demonstrate and explain how international marketing works, and how to take effective marketing decisions by outlining the theory and showing practical applications.
(1) For the period 1st April to 30th September 2020, anyone enrolling for this Program will also be enrolled FREE for a Course on Leadership & Organisation if you provide a personal email address;
(2) During the "Covid-19" (Corona) virus pandemic, Members may opt to take an Assignment (home-based course work) instead of an Examination to complete the Program.
- Summary of major topics
- What is included
- Related courses
- Study & Career development
Summary of Major Topics:
- Global marketing, the globalisation of business, preparing for international business
- The ‘global marketing’ concept, knowledge and learning across borders
- Resources, decision making processes, organisation
- Strategy and decision-making processes
- The value chain, primary and support activities, identifying international competitive advantage
- Information business and the virtual value chain Motives for entering on to international business
- Initiating export activities, barriers; general market, commercial and political risks
- The political, legal and economic environment
- Assessing the home environment; government, export facilitation
- Financial activities, exchange rates, information, promotion of international trade
- Political risks and changes in the host country, analysing risks
- Tariffs, duties, customs, non-tariff barriers
- Free trade, customs unions, common markets, economic unions, trading blocs
- Sociocultural and environment factors
- Culture and cultural types: learned, interrelated, shared; norms of behaviour
- Elements of culture: language, manners and customs, values and attitudes, aesthetics
- Technology, social institutions, education, religion and other global factors
- Hofstede’s work on national cultures (the ‘4 + 1’ dimensions model)
- Managing cultural differences, culture and ethical decision making
- Market selection and market entry alternatives - exporting
- Selecting foreign markets, selection criteria, market potential
- Product fit, visiting the potential market
- Different modes of market entry; indirect and direct exporting
- Export financing and methods of payment; documentation, bank guarantees, counter-trade
- Production abroad and strategic alliances
- Licencing, franchising, joint ventures, subsidiaries, expansion through acquisitions
- Strategic alliances and cooperative strategies
- Success factors: missions, strategy, culture, organisation, management
- Dimensions of global competition, national competitive advantages, demand conditions
- Business strategy, structure and rivalry
- Industry analysis; Michael Porter 5-forces model
- Competitive strategies, creating competitive advantage
- Global logistics and channel decisions
- In-bound logistics: sourcing decisions, costs, conditions, transport costs, infrastructure, access
- Out-bound logistics and transportation, inventory management, order processing, warehousing
- International channel design and strategy; customers, products, middlemen, the environment
- Global retailing and direct marketing, e-commerce and international distribution strategies
- Organisation and control of the global marketing programme
- Functional, international, divisional, product, geographic, matrix structures
- Global account management (GAM): organisation, implementation, development
- Controlling the global marketing programme; budget and control systems, measuring performance
Your CIC Fee includes:-
- Your enrolment/registration with Cambridge International College, and your own high-quality, professionally produced and illustrated comprehensive Core Study Publication and supplementary Study Publication.
- Study & Training Guidance with advice on how to study to achieve success and gain top results.
- A detailed, professionally written Examinations Guide which includes expert advice, guidance and tips on how to prepare for, approach and answer Examinations in order to achieve the best results.
- Test Questions / ‘Past Papers/Questions’.
- The Final Examination** sat under Invigilation/Supervision in your own area - full details, guidance and explanation of how your Examination will be arranged and how Invigilation is conducted will be provided when you register. Note, CIC arranges Examinations in over a hundred countries worldwide for thousands of Members every year; it is a flexible, straightforward process and will be arranged when YOU are ready to write your Examination. **An Assignment Option is available instead of an Exam for the ‘Covid-19’ (Corona) virus period.
- The prestigious Cambridge International College Mastery of Management Graduate Diploma when you pass the Final Examination.
- Your personal page on CIC’s Member Services website with access to results, despatch details, advice and guidance, and more: www.cambridgeinternationalcollege.co.uk
- Regular information and news including: Newsletters with details of special offers and new Programs and much more; and Competition Forms; by email and post.
Everything needed for your Study & Training success is included in the CIC Fee.
- Further Study and Training Advice, and Assistance is available before, during and after CIC Study & Training; Members may ask CIC’s team of experienced Consultants for advice on further study and Programmes to improve career prospects and advancement.
- CIC’s experienced and helpful staff can assist with numerous special requests, such as reference/recommendation letters and transcripts, and more, by post and email.
- Marketing Strategy Mastery of Management Graduate Diploma One year (flexible)
- Marketing Administration EBA: Executive Business Administration 3 years (flexible)
- Marketing Management (EMBA) EMBA: Executive Mastery of Business Administration 3 years (flexible)
- International Business & Trade Diploma 12 months (flexible)
This Program teaches and explains how to make important and effective decisions relating to international marketing, based on a sound understanding of key elements of global markets, competition and the management of global marketing. It is therefore a route to high-level management and marketing positions, and to developing successful international businesses and organisations.
This graduate/MBA/MA-level Program is confirmation of your ability to successfully undertake further studies at graduate and postgraduate levels, in business, marketing, strategy, management and a wide range of management study areas.
There is a wide range of options for further study - see the "Related Courses" section for suggestions – which include the ‘wider’ syllabus ABA & Baccalaureate Programmes and the 'Double Award' EBA & BBA Bachelor degree Programme, and the 'Double Award' AMMBA & MBA degree Programme. You are welcome to ask the College for advice, and of course you can see details of these Programmes on this website.
Sign up to this course
Duration & Assessments
The standard Study Period is one year (12 months) but the actual time taken to complete the Mastery of Management Graduate Diploma is flexible.READ MORE »
To gain your prestigious high-level Mastery of Management Graduate Diploma you must sit and pass a written Examination/Assessment. Full and clear details about this are provided to you, including in your Study & Training Guide, after you have enrolled. The clear information explains when, where and how your Examination/Assessment will be arranged - it is a simple and straightforward process, which hundreds of thousands of other Members have successfully gone through. If you study well, and follow the advice in the CIC Study & Training Guide, then you should be able to achieve a good result and obtain your respected Graduate Diploma!
**An Assignment Option is available instead of an Exam for the ‘Covid-19’ (Corona) virus period.
(See the College Prospectus, or the “Frequently Asked Questions” section on the “Contact Us” page of this website, if you would like more information.)
A professional, graduate level qualification, ideal for high-level responsibility in international marketing management, business and related career areas.