Honours (Higher) Diploma on
Oil & Gas Management & Administration
This course includes a thorough introduction to the oil and gas industry from a business and economics perspective, teaching about aspects including exploration, development and production, transportation, refining and marketing. At each stage of the petroleum industry ‘value chain’ economic costs and considerations are discussed to provide a comprehensive understanding of the workings of the industry.
(1) Anybody enrolling for this Programme before 31st December 2023 will also be enrolled FREE for a Course on Leadership /Management; the only requirement is that you provide your personal email address to the College on enrolment.
- Summary of major topics
- What is included
- Related courses
- Study & Career development
The Programme comprises of four Subjects/Courses; two are compulsory/mandatory and you may choose a further two from the options offered.
The Honours Programme comprises of:
- Oil & Gas Management & Economics
- Advanced Management & Administration Theory & Practice
and two of:
- Business Economics & Commerce
- Logistics, Material, Supply Chain & Transport Management
- Project Leadership & Management
- Environmental Concerns & Protection
Because the range of Subjects which can be covered is so wide, you select TWO of the ‘options’ Subjects in which you are particularly interested. But, if you wish to add an extra subject (a 5th or even 6th subject) you may do so and the additional fee per subject will be £155 each.
Summarised Contents of the Core Subjects
Oil & Gas Management & Economics
- Introduction to how the petroleum industry works, the importance of oil, characteristics of petroleum products
- Oil prices, macroeconomic factors, oil and economic growth, oil and inflation
- Oil Exploration: technical aspects, exploration activities, drilling and accessing oil, managing risks calculating monetary returns
- Oil development: technical and practical aspects, planning development, economics of oil
- Oil production: technical and practical aspects, production costs and modelling, business decisions, production efficiency
- Licensing, mineral rights and contracts for petroleum, international agreements, financial matters
- Petroleum and maritime transportation, tanker classification, chartering, agreements, geography and transport seaborne routes
- Petroleum and pipelines, costs, laying pipelines, oil and gas pipelines, economics and tariffs.
- Oil refining processes and methods, building and running oil refineries, refinery location factors, investment and capacity, regulatory trends
- Marketing and distribution channels, sales outlets and wholesalers, pricing and taxation of petroleum products, subsidies
- Natural gas, physical and environmental factors, its formation, storage, liquified natural gas (LNG), economics and regulation of gas pricing, shale gas
- Understanding oil prices, history, economics, OPEC, energy derivatives
Advanced Management & Administration
- Management Theory, Authority, Command
- Organization, the Environment, Systems Theory
- Spans of Control, Centralisation, Decentralisation
- Motivational Theories, Psychology, Conflict
- Leadership Theory, Group Behaviour, Culture
- Strategic Management, Objectives, SWOT
- PEST Analysis, Rivalry, Competition, Business
- Managing Change, Change Factors, Resistance
- Mission, Vision, Objectives, Values, MOST
- Stakeholders, Supply Chains, CSR
- Communication, Attitude, Barriers, Cognition
- Ethics, Compliance, Codes of Conduct
And two (or more **) of:
Business Economics & Commerce
- Economic systems and activities; needs, utility, factors of production, labour, money
- Demand and supply, markets, equilibrium price and quantity, factors, changes
- Commerce, goods, services, enterprise, business environment, business capital
- Price elasticity of demand, changes in revenues, market structures, pricing strategy
- Channels of distribution, wholesalers and retailers; Credit in business; Discounts
- Commercial documents: types, purposes, information, preparation
- Consumer choice, budgets, budget lines, indifference curves, cross price elasticity
- Profit, turnover, capital, entrepreneurship, costs and selling prices, distributions
- Business finance, financial statements, overtrading, business performance
- Production management, economies of scale; Government involvement in commerce, tax
- Commercial services, banking, bank services, lending, interest, insurance, risk
- Transport, communications, advertising, sales promotions, import, export, currency
Logistics, Material, Supply Chain & Transport Management
- Background to logistics and supply chains; value and value chains
- Strategy formulation - logistics, customer service, supply chain
- Relationship between marketing and logistics
- Products, product characteristics, pricing
- Sourcing and procurement
- Receipt and storage of stock/inventory
- Stock/inventory control, order processing and issuing
- Operations management & production strategy
- Lean logistics and supply chain management
- Facility location, outsourcing logistics, reverse logistics
- Project management, disaster management, humanitarian aid & relief
Project Leadership & Management
- Principles of project leadership & management, project features, stakeholders
- Project personnel: leader, sponsor, board, coordinator, analyst, teamwork
- Project planning, life-cycle, documentation, schedule, scope, HR, WBS
- Project cost estimating, budgeting, quality control, risk analysis, KPIs
- Project Schedule, Timing, Sequencing, Critical Paths, Milestones, PERT, Gantt
- Procurement planning and specifications, suppliers, research, contracts
- Project communication management, feedback, channels, matrix, reports
- Project implementation, responsibility, variances, changes, change control
- Project monitoring and control, CSFs, performance indicators, earned value
- Project closure, reports, checklists, acceptance management, project review
- Project logistics, transport, sites, development projects, humanitarian missions
- Project concepts, feasibility, outsourcing projects, establishing a project business
Environmental Concerns & Protection
- The environment, ecology & ecosystems
- Need for environmental protection
- Environmental pollution
- Energy and energy conservation
- Environmental sustainability
- Climate change and the greenhouse effect
- Rangeland protection
- Extinction of species and their conservation
- Businesses and environmental protection
- Tourism and the environment
- The built environment
- Environmental protection & the global community
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE FEE FOR THIS HONOURS GROUP DIPLOMA PROGRAMME
Your CIC Fee includes:-
- Your enrolment/registration with Cambridge International College.
- Your own high-quality, professionally produced and illustrated comprehensive International CIC Core Study Publications for each of the four (4) Subjects/Courses.
- CIC’s detailed, professional ‘Study & Training Guide’ with full instructions on how to study to achieve success and gain top results. The Guide includes detailed advice on how to answer Tests and Examinations.
- Training Tests and/or a ‘Past Paper’, and Recommended Answers for most of them.
- An Examination** set for each of the 4 core courses; each Examination is sat under Invigilation/Supervision in your own area - full details, guidance and explanation of how your Examinations will be arranged and how Invigilation is conducted will be provided when you register. Note, CIC arranges Examinations in over a hundred countries worldwide for thousands of Members every year; it is a flexible, straightforward process and will be arranged when YOU are ready to write your Examination. **There is an alternative Assignment Option - a maximum of 2 Subjects/Courses may be assessed through Assignment instead of Examination.
- A prestigious Cambridge International College Diploma on successful completion of Study & Training and on passing the Examination for EACH of the 4 core Subjects/Courses, PLUS the International Honours Group Diploma when all 4 courses have been completed - this is a total of 5 awards - 4 individual Diplomas plus the Honours Diploma.
- Your personal page on CIC’s Member Services website with access to results, despatch details, advice and guidance, and more: www.cambridgeinternationalcollege.co.uk
- Regular information and news including: Newsletters with details of special offers and new Programs and much more; and Competition Forms; by email and post.
- Everything needed for your Study & Training success is included in the CIC Fee.
- Further Study and Training Advice, and Assistance is available before, during and after CIC Study & Training; Members may ask CIC’s team of experienced Consultants for advice on further study and Programmes to improve career prospects and advancement.
- CIC’s experienced and helpful staff can assist with numerous special requests, such as reference/recommendation letters and transcripts, and more, by post and email.
Further studies are available in a wide range of management, leadership, IT and administration areas in particular, including at Baccalaureate, EBA and EMBA levels.
The detailed and valuable Programme opens up career opportunities for new jobs and promotion in many areas within the oil and gas (petroleum) industry, but also in many other fields and career areas including management, administration, environmental management and protection, logistics, commerce and project management.
Sign up to this course
Duration & Assessments
The standard Study Period is 21 to 24 months, but this is flexible; the course can be completed in a shorter period, or longer if required.READ MORE »
To gain your Honours Diploma you need to sit and pass a written Examination/Assessment on each of the 4 Subjects in your Honours Diploma ‘group’. Full and clear details about this are provided to you, including in your personal Study & Training Guide, after you have enrolled. The clear information explains when, where and how your Examination/Assessment will be arranged - it is a simple and straightforward process, which hundreds of thousands of other Members have successfully gone through. If you study well and follow the advice in the CIC Study & Training Guide, then you should be able to achieve your prestigious Honours Diploma in good time!
(See the “WHAT IS INCLUDED” section for this Course, and/or the “FAQs - Frequently Asked Questions” section of this website, if you would like more information.)
Four Diplomas AND the Honours Diploma, demonstrating high level of knowledge in the oil & gas industry, management, leadership and other specialization subjects