Globalization brings International Relations in to all of our lives. This Program introduces key theories which provide an understanding of contemporary world politics and international relations in an interesting and useful way.
This Program includes theoretical perspectives such as realism, liberalism, constructivism, gender theories and globalization, all of which make up and influence the complex world of international relations, politics and national relationships. It deals with globalization, trans-national processes, governmental and non-governmental issues, problems of human society, struggles for power and wealth, efforts to cooperate despite social differences, the balance between freedom and order, and short-term solutions balanced against long-term solutions. The Program will be of interest and benefit to anyone wishing to understand international relations and politics, anyone involved in this field through work or ministerial duties, and men and women who are involved with international trade and aspects of government.
(1) Anybody enrolling for this Program before 30th October 2021 will also be enrolled FREE for a Course on Leadership & Organisation; the only requirement is that you provide your personal email address to the College on enrolment.
(2) During the "Covid-19" (Corona) virus pandemic, Members may opt to take an Assignment (home-based course work) instead of an Examination to complete the Program.
- Summary of major topics
- What is included
- Related courses
- Study & Career development
Major Topics Covered in this Diploma Program include:
- Principles of IR theory; states, international systems, IGOs, NGOs, MNCs.
- Levels of IR, global geography.
- Realism, idealism, anarchy, sovereignty.
- Balance of power, great & middle powers, hegemony, alliances.
- Foreign policy, rational behaviour, arms control, psychology in foreign policy.
- Models of decision making,
- Liberal institutionalism; integration theory, international regimes.
- United Nations, the European Union.
- Domestic factors; democracy, peace, bureaucracy, interest groups, the military, industry, public opinion.
- Constructivism and identity, international expectations.
- Law & human rights, war crimes, the world order.
- IR theories: Marxism, Imperialism, Colonialism, dependency.
- Revolution, post-modernism, peace studies.
- Gender theories: importance, types of feminism, gender in war and peace, women in IR, influences.
- Conflict: nationalism, ethnic, religious, economic; territorial; causes of war, terrorism, proliferation.
- Trade theories: mercantilism, liberalism, balance of trade.
- Comparative advantage in trade, protectionism, WTO.
- Globalization: currency, exchange, banks, debt.
- Multinational business; environment, population, disease.
- Development theories: human needs, economic development, capital, trade, technology, foreign aid.
Your CIC Fee includes:-
- Your enrolment/registration with Cambridge International College, and your own detailed and professionally-written and illustrated comprehensive International CIC Core Study Publication.
- A detailed, professional ‘Study & Training Guide’ with full instructions on how to study to achieve success and gain top results. The Guide includes detailed advice on how to answer Tests and Examinations.
- A ‘Past Paper/Questions’.
- The Final Examination** sat under Invigilation/Supervision in your own area - full details, guidance and explanation of how your Examination will be arranged and how Invigilation is conducted will be provided when you register. Note, CIC arranges Examinations in over a hundred countries worldwide for thousands of Members every year; it is a flexible, straightforward process and will be arranged when YOU are ready to write your Examination. **An Assignment Option is available instead of an Exam for the ‘Covid-19’ (Corona) virus period - currently until 30th June 2020.
- Your personal page on CIC’s Member Services website with access to results, despatch details, advice and guidance, and more: www.cambridgeinternationalcollege.co.uk
- Regular information and news including: Newsletters with details of special offers and new Programs and much more; and Competition Forms; by email and post.
- Everything needed for your Study & Training success is included in the CIC Fee.
- Further Study and Training Advice, and Assistance is available before, during and after CIC Study & Training; Members may ask CIC’s team of experienced Consultants for advice on further study and Programmes to improve career prospects and advancement.
- CIC’s experienced and helpful staff can assist with numerous special requests, such as reference/recommendation letters and transcripts, and more, by post and email.
- Administrative Management Honours (Higher) Diploma 21 months (flexible)
- International Business & Trade Diploma 12 months (flexible)
- Business Development Honours (Higher) Diploma 21 months (flexible)
- International Business & Administration (EBA) EBA: Executive Business Administration 3 years (flexible)
- Public Administration & Management Diploma 12 months (flexible)
The Program will be valuable to men and women in - or looking for - a role or career in a wide range of different areas, private or public, governmental or trade and industry, national and international. International relatins is closely linked to development and social and societal issues, so these are careers areas which will benefit as well from this Program.
Related and wider studies are offered by CIC in all aspects of management, administration, strategy and development, and this Program will be of benefit to those wishing to study public administration, international relations, governmental science or politics with other institutions.
There is a wide range of options for further study - see the "Related Courses" section for suggestions - which include Honours Diplomas, ABA & Baccalaureate Programmes, and the 'Double Award' EBA & BBA Bachelor degree Programme. You are welcome to ask the College for advice, and of course you can see details of these Programmes on this website.
Sign up to this course
Duration & Assessments
The Study Period is one year (12 months) but this is flexible; the Diploma can be completed in a shorter period, or you can take longer if necessary.READ MORE »
To gain your Diploma you need to sit and pass an Examination** (based entirely upon the contents of the Study Materials provided to you in your Program Fee). Full and clear details about preparing for and sitting the Exam are provided to you, including in your Study & Training Guide, when you enrol. The clear information explains when, where and how your Examination will be arranged - it is a simple and straightforward process, which hundreds of thousands of other Members have successfully gone through. If you study well and follow the advice in the CIC Study & Training Guide you should be able to achieve high marks and good grades - and obtain your prestigious International Diploma!
**An Assignment Option is available instead of an Exam for the ‘Covid-19’ (Corona) virus period - currently until 30th June 2020.
(See the College Prospectus, or the “Frequently Asked Questions” section on the “Contact Us” page of this website, if you would like more information.)
An international accredited qualification for professional development and career success showing you have substantial skills, competence and knowledge.