Classroom Management & Psychology for Teachers
Without sound classroom skills even the most talented teacher will fail to achieve their teaching goals; this Program shows how implementing modern pro-active practices and classroom structure improves teaching and makes you a more successful teacher.
This Program teaches how to become an exceptional teacher, to manage classrooms to support, motivate and encourage students, achieve academic improvement and prevent misbehaviour. It is filled with practical advice and strategies for managing classes, student behaviour and psychology, discipline, teaching style, lesson-planning and student safety. It combines the best practices of general and special education for managing students, including those who are culturally diverse and those with special needs.
- Summary of major topics
- What is included
- Related courses
- Study & Career development
Major Topics Covered in this Diploma Program include: Education, teachers, pupils, classes, curriculum.
Classroom management, community, rules, trust.
Educational psychology, student needs, Maslow.
Student motivation, motives, intrinsic and extrinsic.
Student achievement, involvement, engagement.
Improving learning, memory and attention, methods.
Student backgrounds, cultural, social, economic.
Standardised and blended teaching, critical thinking.
Teaching styles, the right style, teacher behaviour.
Cooperative, passive and active learning, themes.
Planning and preparing lessons, aims, outcomes.
Assessments, grading, corrections, comments.
Discipline, misbehaviour, conflict, teacher response.
Student learning difficulties, IT and media in teaching.
School security, health & safety, accident prevention.
Your CIC Fee includes:-
- Your enrolment/registration with Cambridge International College, and your own high-quality, professionally produced and illustrated comprehensive International CIC Core Study Publication.
- A detailed, professional ‘Study & Training Guide’ with full instructions on how to study to achieve success and gain top results. The Guide includes detailed advice on how to answer Tests and Examinations.
- Training Tests (which can be used as ‘Past Papers/Questions’) and Recommended Answers for them.
- The Final Examination sat under Invigilation/Supervision in your own area - full details, guidance and explanation of how your Examination will be arranged and how Invigilation is conducted will be provided when you register. Note, CIC arranges Examinations in over a hundred countries worldwide for thousands of Members every year; it is a flexible, straightforward process and will be arranged when YOU are ready to write your Examination. The prestigious Cambridge International College Diploma on successful completion of your Study & Training and on passing the Final Examination.
- Your personal page on CIC’s Member Services website with access to results, despatch details, advice and guidance, and more: www.cambridgeinternationalcollege.co.uk
- Regular information and news including: Newsletters with details of special offers and new Programs and much more; and Competition Forms; by email and post.
- Everything needed for your Study & Training success is included in the CIC Fee.
- Further Study and Training Advice, and Assistance is available before, during and after CIC Study & Training; Members may ask CIC’s team of experienced Consultants for advice on further study and Programmes to improve career prospects and advancement.
- CIC’s experienced and helpful staff can assist with numerous special requests, such as reference/recommendation letters and transcripts, and more, by post and email.
- Training Management & Employee Development Diploma 12 months (flexible)
- Organisational Understanding & Development Mastery of Management Graduate Diploma One year (flexible)
- Leadership & Team Management Diploma 12 months (flexible)
- Management & Leadership Mastery of Management Graduate Diploma One year (flexible)
The design of the Program aims to meet the needs of new teachers and veteran teachers and educators, and those studying education. It is a practical guide to managing students in the classroom, with many proven strategies to deal with challenges that teachers may face. The underlying are principles that successful classroom management is based on putting children and students needs at the heart of the teaching process and that a classroom can be managed to achieve high results. The Program is valuable and important not only to actual teachers, but to departmental managers, heads and the management team of schools and educational organisations.
Related and additional studies are available in the educational and teaching field at ABA/Baccalaureate and EBA level.
Sign up to this course
Duration & Assessments
The Study Period is one year (12 months) but this is flexible; the Diploma can be completed in a shorter period, or you can take longer if necessary.READ MORE »
To gain your Diploma you need to sit and pass an Examination/Assessment. Full and clear details about this are provided to you, including in your Study & Training Guide, after you have enrolled. The clear information explains when, where and how your Examination/Assessment will be arranged - it is a simple and straightforward process, which hundreds of thousands of other Members have successfully gone through. If you study well, and follow the advice in the CIC Study & Training Guide, then you should be able to achieve high marks and good grades, and obtain your prestigious International Diploma!
(See the College Prospectus, or the “Frequently Asked Questions” section on the “Contact Us” page of this website, if you would like more information.)
An international accredited qualification for professional development and career success showing you have substantial skills, competence and knowledge.