Journalism, Mass Media & Professional Writing
An intersting, valuable and exciting introduction to the triple-topic of journalism, mass media and professional writing
NEW FOR MARCH 2024 - BUT YOU CAN ENROL NOW AND BE ONE OF THE VERY FIRST PEOPLE TO STUDY THIS PROGRAM WHEN IT IS AVAILABLE - and see details of the special introductory reduced fee**
This Program teaches about and provides a knowledge and understanding - and the skills and professional abilities required - for a rewarding and successful career in journalism and the media, along with a thorough grounding in how to create and produce interesting and engaging pieces of journalistic and media writing.
(1) Anybody enrolling for this Programme before 31st December 2024 will also be enrolled FREE for a Course on Strategy, Quality & Contemporary Business Concerns; the only requirement is that you provide your personal email address to the College on enrolment.
**The normal Fee is:
A Full Payment on Enrolment of: £200 or US$400 or €300
3 Monthly Instalments each of: £90 or US$180 or €135
BUT for enrolments (where an Enrolment Form and a Fee payment is received by CIC BEFORE 30th April 2024) we are allowing a special "Introductory New Program Fee Reduction" - see the reduced fees stated opposite.
- Summary of major topics
- What is included
- Related courses
- Study & Career development
This Diploma Program comprises 12 interesting and informative Modules:
- The Media and Journalism
- Journalists and Reporting
- Communication and Communicating
- Mass Communication and Mass Media
- Journalistic Skills and Abilities
- Journalistic Writing
- Legal Considerations for Journalists & Writers
- Narrative and Story Writing
- Creative Writing
- Characters, Characterization and Dialogue
- Narrative techniques, Settings and Themes
- Writing and Journalism for Broadcast Media
Your CIC Fee includes:-
- Your enrolment/registration with Cambridge International College, and your own high-quality, professionally produced and illustrated comprehensive International CIC Study & Training Publications.
- A detailed, professional ‘Study & Training Guide’ with full instructions on how to study to achieve success and gain top results. The Guide includes detailed advice on how to answer Self-Assessment Tests, Training Tests and Examinations.
- Self-Assessment Tests and Recommended Answers for them, and a Progress Chart.
- Two Progress/Training Tests (which can be used as ‘Past Papers/Questions’) with an optional Tutorial Support Service.
- The Final Examination** sat under Invigilation/Supervision in your own area - full details, guidance and explanation of how your Examination will be arranged and how Invigilation is conducted will be provided when you register. Note, CIC arranges Examinations in over a hundred countries worldwide for thousands of Members every year; it is a flexible, straightforward process and will be arranged when YOU are ready to write your Examination. **An Assignment Option is available if it is really not possible to sit an Examination.
- The prestigious Cambridge International College Diploma on successful completion of your Study & Training and on passing the Final Examination.
- Your personal page on CIC’s Member Services website with access to results, despatch details, advice and guidance, and more: www.cambridgeinternationalcollege.co.uk
- Regular information and news including: Newsletters with details of special offers and new Programs and much more; and Competition Forms; by email and post.
Everything needed for your Study & Training success is included in the CIC Fee.
- Further Study and Training Advice, and Assistance is available before, during and after CIC Study & Training; Members may ask CIC’s team of experienced Consultants for advice on further study and Programmes to improve career prospects and advancement.
- CIC’s experienced and helpful staff can assist with numerous special requests, such as reference/recommendation letters and transcripts, and more, by post and email.
The Program is designed and written to being you success in a wide range of journalism and media roles, and for careers which require the ability to create engaging and well-written stories and pieces of well-crafted professional writing. This is an interesting and necessary Program for anyone looking to enter these fields, and for anyone who is already involved and wishes to gain a new qualification and greater knowledge for career advancement.
Related and higher courses and studies are available with CIC at various levels and in areas from marketing and advertising to English, communications and management - see the "Related Courses" section for suggestions - which include Honours Diplomas, ABA & Baccalaureate Programmes, and the 'Double Award' EBA & BBA Bachelor degree Programme. You are welcome to ask the College for advice, and of course you can see details of these Programmes on this website.
Sign up to this course
Duration & Assessments
The Study Period is one year (12 months) but this is flexible; the Diploma can be completed in a shorter period, or you can take longer if necessary.READ MORE »
To gain your Diploma you need to sit and pass an Examination** (based entirely upon the contents of the Study Materials provided to you in your Program Fee). Full and clear details about preparing for and sitting the Exam are provided to you, including in your Study & Training Guide, when you enrol. The clear information explains when, where and how your Examination will be arranged - it is a simple and straightforward process, which hundreds of thousands of other Members have successfully gone through. If you study well and follow the advice in the CIC Study & Training Guide you should be able to achieve high marks and good grades - and obtain your prestigious International Diploma!
**An Assignment Option is available instead of an Exam if it is not possible to sit an Exam for reasons such as ‘Covid-19’ (Corona virus) outbreaks, war/armed conflict or severe travel restrictions.
(See the College Prospectus, or the “Frequently Asked Questions” section on the “Contact Us” page of this website, if you would like more information.)
An international award, from an accredited College, for professional development and career success showing you have career competence and knowledge.