Honours (Higher) Diploma on
English & Communication
A Programme which provides professionalism and competence on the twin aspects of English & Communication, and Management & Administration
This Program provides the knowledge, ability and understanding to communicate and produce communications, clearly, professionally, and in a manner which clearly demonstrates good education, English-language competence and ability. The Programme covers wide aspects of management and administration of all levels, from supervision and everyday guidance of personnel through to advanced aspects of leadership, motivation and strategy - all of which require excellent communication skills which you will learn on this Programme.
(1) Anybody enrolling for this Programme before 31st December 2023 will also be enrolled FREE for a Course on Leadership / Management; the only requirement is that you provide your personal email address to the College on enrolment.
(2) During the “Covid-19” (Corona) virus pandemic and in lock-down periods, affected Members may be allowed to take Assignments (home-based course work) instead of or in addition to sitting Examinations to complete the Programme; details can be provided on request after enrolment onto the Programme.
- Summary of major topics
- What is included
- Related courses
- Study & Career development
The Programme comprises 8 Subjects (4 per Study Year). The first Study Year is the same for all ABA Specialisations.
- Business English & Letter Writing
- Communication in Business & Management
- Management & Administration or Professional English
- Advanced Management & Administration
Summarised details of each course comprising the Honours Diploma:
Business English & Letter Writing
- Business Letters: Language, Features, Layout, Appearance, English
- Enquiries, Quotations, Estimates, Orders, Acknowledgements
- Letters Concerning Employment and Promotion; Applications, Adverts
- Letters Concerning Recruitment; Appointment, Rejection, References
- Letters Concerning Accounts, Finance, Invoices, Credit, Warnings
- Communication: External, Internal, Vertical, Horizontal, Between Employees
- Sales Letters: Aims, Features, First Approach Letters, Sales Literature
- Sales Circulars, Responses to Enquiries, Order Confirmations
- Follow-up Letters, Customer Retention Letters, Wholesalers, Retailers
- Letters Concerning Complaints, Tone, Settlement, References
- Letters on Miscellaneous Topics, Private and Professional Letters, Signing
- Aids to Business Letter Writing, Copies, Filing, Computers, Word Processing
Each Module also includes teaching and guidance on technical English matters.
Communication in Business & Management
- Communication as a Business Tool, Internal, External, Two-Way, Oral, Written
- Forms, Business Documents, Design, Accuracy, Codes, Computerised
- Business Letters, Features, Structure, Good English, Paragraphs, Grammar
- Improving Written Composition, Style, Variety, Adjectives, Numbers, Verbs
- Employment, Applications, Job Descriptions, Employee Specifications, Interviews
- Sales Letters and Literature, Appearance, Content, Follow-Ups, Circulars
- Enquiries, Quotations, Estimates, Orders, Invoices, Payments, Import/Export
- Employees Communications: Meetings, Audiovisual, Charts, Graphs, Reports
- Letters of Complaint: from Customers or Clients, to Suppliers, Politeness, Tact
- Drafting, Dictating, Checking and Despatching Letters; Stock Letters, Notes
- Records, Filing Schemes and Equipment, Data Management, Security
- Telecommunications, Word Processing, Desktop Publishing, Email, Viruses
Management & Administration
- Management, Modern Commerce, Teamwork, Enterprises, Businesses, Directors
- Functions of Management, Planning, Organising, Coordinating, Motivating, Control
- Responsibilities of Management; to Employers, to Employees, to the Community
- Delegation of Responsibility, Businesses Organisation, Structures, Spans, Charts
- Communication in Management; Importance, Internal, External, Oral, Written
- Planning, Forecasting, Research, Budgets, Budgetary Control, Manpower Planning
- Management of Personnel, Recruitment, Selection, Appointment, Probation
- Employee Induction, Training, Development, Remuneration, HR Policy, HR Work
- Industrial Relations, Unions, Industrial Action, Dismissal, Redundancy, Government
- Managers and Subordinates, Working Relations, Counselling, Equal Opportunity
- Styles of Leadership, Teams, Work Groups, Management Theories, Job Design
- Management Qualities and Traits, Learning Organizations, Preparing for Promotion
Advanced Management & Administration
- Management Theory, Authority, Command, Bureaucracy, Scientific, Human Relations
- Organizations: Categories, Ownership, the Environment, Systems Theory
- Structures of Organizations, Charts, Spans of Control, Centralised/Decentralised
- Motivational Theories, Psychology, Theorists, Models of Motivation, Conflict
- Leadership Theory, Trait and Style Theories, Group Behaviour, Teams, Culture
- Strategic Management, Planning, Theorists, Theories, Corporate Objectives, SWOT
- Business Environment, PEST, Industries, Rivalry, Competition, Business Cycle
- Managing Change, Change Factors and Dimensions, Resistance, Culture, Theory
- Mission, Vision, Aims, Goals and Objectives, Values, Value Frameworks, MOST
- Stakeholders, Investors, Opinion Formers, Supply Chains, Shareholder Value, CSR
- Communication, Attitude, Models, Barriers, Balance, Cognition, Game Theory
- Business Ethics, Worldwide Trends, Compliance, Brands, Codes of Conduct
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE FEE FOR THIS HONOURS GROUP DIPLOMA PROGRAMME
Your CIC Fee includes:-
- Your enrolment/registration with Cambridge International College, and your own high-quality, professionally produced and illustrated comprehensive International CIC Core Study Publications for each of the four (4) ‘courses’ of study.
- CIC’s detailed, professional ‘Study & Training Guide’ with full instructions on how to study to achieve success and gain top results. The Guide includes detailed advice on how to answer Tests and Examinations.
- Training Tests, Questions and Exercises (which can be used as ‘Past Papers/Questions’), and Recommended Answers for most of them.
- An Examination** set for each of the 4 core courses; each Examination is sat under Invigilation/Supervision in your own area - full details, guidance and explanation of how your Examinations will be arranged and how Invigilation is conducted will be provided when you register. Note, CIC arranges Examinations in over a hundred countries worldwide for thousands of Members every year; it is a flexible, straightforward process and will be arranged when YOU are ready to write your Examination. **An Assignment Option is available instead of an Exam for the ‘Covid-19’ (Corona) virus period.
- A prestigious Cambridge International College Diploma on successful completion of Study & Training and on passing the Examination for EACH of the 4 core courses, PLUS the International Honours Group Diploma when all 4 courses have been completed - this is a total of 5 awards - 4 individual Diplomas plus the Honours Diploma.
- Your personal page on CIC’s Member Services website with access to results, despatch details, advice and guidance, and more: www.cambridgeinternationalcollege.co.uk
- Regular information and news including: Newsletters with details of special offers and new Programs and much more; and Competition Forms; by email and post.
- Everything needed for your Study & Training success is included in the CIC Fee.
- Further Study and Training Advice, and Assistance is available before, during and after CIC Study & Training; Members may ask CIC’s team of experienced Consultants for advice on further study and Programmes to improve career prospects and advancement.
- CIC’s experienced and helpful staff can assist with numerous special requests, such as reference/recommendation letters and transcripts, and more, by post and email.
The Programme also provides access to higher studies in administration, personnel/human resource and management including CIC’s ABA, Baccalaureate and Executive Business Administration programmes, and to degree and other studies with CIC and other institutions worldwide.
There is a wide range of options for further study - see the "Related Courses" section for suggestions - which include other Honours Diplomas, ABA & Baccalaureate Programmes, and the 'Double Award' EBA & BBA Bachelor degree Programme. You are welcome to ask the College for advice, and of course you can see details of these Programmes on this website.
This Honours Diploma Programme is a sensible and beneficial one for anybody looking for a safe and secure career, and considering a move into managerial roles. Every organisation and workplace requires staff skilled and knowledgeable in office management, secretarial/administrative matters and with effective English skills. Covering advanced management and administration subjects including motivation, leadership and strategy, this Programme is the route to a good career through possessing competence and skills, and will make a person stand out from others - be noticed by executives and seniors, and be considered for advancement, promotion and greater responsibility.
Sign up to this course
Duration & Assessments
The standard Study Period is 21 to 24 months, but this is flexible; the course can be completed in a shorter period, or longer if required.READ MORE »
To gain your Honours Diploma you need to sit and pass a written Examination/Assessment on each of the 4 Subjects in your Honours Diploma ‘group’. Full and clear details about this are provided to you, including in your personal Study & Training Guide, after you have enrolled. The clear information explains when, where and how your Examination/Assessment will be arranged - it is a simple and straightforward process, which hundreds of thousands of other Members have successfully gone through. If you study well and follow the advice in the CIC Study & Training Guide, then you should be able to achieve your prestigious Honours Diploma in good time!
**An Assignment Option is available instead of an Exam for the ‘Covid-19’ (Corona) virus period.
(See the “WHAT IS INCLUDED” section for this Course, and/or the “FAQs - Frequently Asked Questions” section of this website, if you would like more information.)
Four (4) Diplomas AND the Honours Diploma, certifying high levels of knowledge and expertise in English, communication, management and administration fields.