EMBA: Executive Mastery of Business Administration on
International Business & Management (EMBA)
An international Graduate-level Programme designed to develop advanced business management and administration skills, knowledge and understanding with specialisation in international business, cross-cultural management and global marketing.
This is a flexible, expertly produced and designed programme, with study materials and content written, prepared and produced by world-leading experts and publishers.
The first two Study Years/Semesters provide a wide-ranging practical-oriented view of the business and commercial environment, covering important subjects with a focus on management and business application. As part of the Programme a thesis/project is prepared, incorporating both theoretical and practical aspects of the project topic, and incorporating study of key MBA management models.
The third/final Study Year/Semester focuses on strategic management and policy, international economics, and business finance - subjects needed by and appropriate for current or future senior managers, executives or company/department leaders; the Programme finishes with study and professional learning of the core business management specialisations.
The professional syllabus, based on expertly designed and produced study materials and content, is also externally validated and endorsed by ILM City & Guilds. CIC is approved to deliver the Programme in Britain and internationally, and holds international accreditation.
Holders of a CIC EMBA may also apply for a 'Double Award' University of America MBA degree; ask CIC for details or go to the 'Double Awards' BBA & MBA degrees section of the website.
(1) For the period 1st April to 30th September 2020, anyone enrolling for this Program will also be enrolled free for a Course on Leadership & Organisation if you provide a personal email address;
(2) During the "Covid-19" (Corona) virus pandemic, Members may opt to take an Assignment (home-based course work) instead of an Examination to complete the Program.
Note: Up until August 2017 this Programme was known as the Advanced Mastery of Business Administration (AMBA) Programme, but based on feed-back was re-named to reflect the wide, professional and interesting executive and graduate degree-level content of the Programme; however, applicants can still register for the Programme under that title, and gain the final award in that title. The Programme may also be studied under - and an award issued - the title of Advanced Mastery of Business Management & Administration (AMBMA) to reflect in particular the management content and focus of the programme. In either case, the Programme content and requirements are identical, but the title is variable to meet the specific needs and preferences of men and women in the different countries and regions of the world in which they live and work.
- Summary of major topics
- What is included
- Related courses
- Study & Career development
Summary of Courses in this flexible-duration Programme:
Business Theory & Commercial Practice
Business Economics & Commerce
Management & Administration of People in Business
Advanced Management & Administration Theory and Practice
Business Finance & Accounting
Sales & Marketing Administration
Human Resource Management
Commercial & Business Law
Corporate Strategy & Planning
Business Finance & Investment
A Choice of: Interational Business OR International Relations
Project (incorporating MBA Management Models)
For an outline of these courses see below:
Subject Title: Business Theory & Commercial Practice
- Business Planning and Forecasting
- Business Start-Up and Development
- Business Organisation and Communication
- Financial Management and Accounting
- Management of Personnel & Human Resources
- Inventory Control and Purchasing Management
- Sales and Marketing Management
- Production Management and Industrial Administration
Subject Title: Business Economics & Commerce
- Economics of Money, Demand and Supply
- Commercial Management
- Market Structure, Strategy and Competition
- Distribution Management
- Consumer Choice and Behaviour
- Production and Economies of Scale
- Banking, Insurance, Transport
- International Trade and Export Business
Subject Title: Management & Administration of People in Business
- Principles of Management
- Commercial Environment
- Management Functions and Responsibilities
- Communication in Management
- Manpower Planning
- Management and Administration of Personnel
- Leadership and Management
- Preparing for Promotion in Management
Subject Title: Advanced Management & Administration Theory and Practice
- Management Theory and Scientific Management
- Structure, Control, Systems Theory
- Motivational Theories and Psychology
- Leadership Theories, Groups and Teams
- Strategic Management and Business Environment
- Managing Change, Culture, Learning Organisations
- Corporate and Social Responsibility, Ethics, Mission, Vision
- Communication Theory, Attitudes, Models
Subject Title: Business Finance & Accounting
- Accounting Information Systems
- Business Finance Decisions and Investment
- Principles of Financial Accounting
- Costing, Pricing Policy and Credit Control
- Budgets and Budgetary Control
- Stock and Inventory Control
- Partnership, Departmental, Branch Accounts
- Financial Analysis and Accounting Ratios
Subject Title: Sales & Marketing Management
- Selling, Salesmanship the Commercial Environment, Professional Buyers and Sellers
- Sales Team Recruitment, Training, Development, Administration
- Sales Statistics, Forecasting, Planning, International Marketing and Exporting
- The Marketing Concept, Markets and Market Research
- Pricing Strategy and The Product Life Cycle
- Private Labelling and Brand Management
- Credit Terms and Discounts
- Advertising Management, Advertising Agencies, Publicity, Public Relations, Sales Promotion
Subject Title: Human Resource Management
- HR/Personnel Policy, Strategy and Management, Technical and Human Aspects of HR
- Management, Organisation and Structure
- Manpower Planning, Job Analysis and Descriptions, Workgroups
- Recruitment, Selection, Induction, Training, Employee Development
- Health and Safety, Security and Welfare
- Motivation and Employee Counselling, Personnel Management
- Industrial Relations, HR Administration, Remuneration, Records, Statistics
Subject Title: Commercial & Business Law
- Commerce & Economic Systems; Law and Legal Systems
- Business Documents, Credit Transactions, Legal Contracts
- Legal Business Units, Ownership, Incorporation
- Company Finance, Law Relating to Company Directors
- Tort Law: Physical Products; Services; Premises
- The Law of Agency; the Law of Insurance
- Employment or Labour Law
- Intellectual Property Protection
Project and MBA Management Models
- Principles of Research
- Accounting and Economic Models
- Business Strategy Models
- Human Resources Models
- Organisational Strategy Models
- Strategic Marketing Models
- Effective Thinking Processes
Subject Title: Corporate Strategy & Planning
- Environmental Scanning, Situational and Industry Analysis
- Internal Scanning and Organisational Analysis
- Strategy Implementation: Staffing and Directing
- Strategy Formulation: Corporate Strategy
- Functional Strategy and Strategic Choice
- Strategy Implementation: Organising for Action
- Evaluation and Control, Strategic Staffing and Directing
- Corporate Governance and Social Responsibility
Subject Title: Managerial Economics
- The Domestic Economic Environment
- The International Economic Environment
- International Trade
- Macroeconomic Issues
- The Structure of the Economy
- Demand in Theory and Practice
- Costs in Theory & Practice
- Pricing in Theory & Practice
Subject Title: Business Finance & Investment
- The Business Finance Environment
- Business Finance and Organisation of Business
- Financial Decision Making
- Financial Accounting Statements & Interpretation
- Investment Decision Making
- Investment Appraisal Methods
- Portfolio Theory and Pricing Models
- Taxation, Inflation, Capital Rationing, Cash Flows
Subject Title: A Choice of:
- Interational Business OR International Relations
Subject Title: Marketing Strategy
- Strategic Marketing Planning, the Marketing Environment
- Core Strategy, Satisfying Human Needs
- Strategic Market Segmentation and Targeting, Strategic Positioning
- Strategic Relationships with Customers, Buyers and Consumers
- Creating and Maintaining Competitive Advantages
- New Product Development
- Product Life-Cycle Strategies
- Pricing and Competitive Strategies
EVERYTHING NEEDED FOR SUCCESS IS INCLUDED IN THIS PROGRAMME - GUIDANCE, PROFESSIONAL STUDY MATERIALS, EXAMINATIONS, ASSESSMENTS AND AWARD!
Your CIC Fee includes:-
- Your enrolment/registration with Cambridge International College, and your own high-quality, professionally produced and illustrated comprehensive International Study & Training Manuals and/or Publications for each Subject of study, including the Project.
- Detailed, professional Study & Training Guides with full instructions on how to study to achieve success and gain top results; a specially written Examinations Guide which includes expert advice, detailed guidance and tips on how to prepare for, approach and answer Examinations; and detailed Project Guidance documentation explaining how you should approach, undertake and prepare the Project. All this is provided during the Programme either on enrolment/registration or at the appropriate stage of study.
- Self-Assessment Tests with Model Answers, and Training Tests, Questions and Exercises, and/or ‘Past Papers/Questions’ for Examination preparation.
- Examination** Papers covering every Subject, which are written under Invigilation/Supervision in your own area - full details, guidance and explanation of how Examinations are conducted and Invigilated is provided on registration. (CIC arranges Examinations in over one hundred countries worldwide for thousands of Members every year; it is a flexible and straightforward process; the dispatch of Exams to your Invigilator/Supervisor and the assessment of the Exams answers is included.) **An Assignment Option is available instead of an Exam for the ‘Covid-19’ (Corona) virus period.
- The Executive Mastery of Business Administration (EMBA) certification and a Transcript on successful completion of the Programme. Also, a Results Statement is provided on completion of the First Year/Semester, and the Second Year/Semester, as well.
- Your personal page on CIC’s Member Services website with access to results, despatch details, advice and guidance, and more: www.cambridgeinternationalcollege.co.uk
- Regular information and news including: Newsletters, details of special offers, details of new Programs, special articles on management, administration, leadership and similar issues, Competition Forms, and much more, sent by email and post.
EVERYTHING NEEDED FOR YOUR EDUCATION, STUDY & TRAINING SUCCESS IS INCLUDED IN THE CIC FEE
- Study and Training Advice, and Assistance is available before, during and after your CIC Study & Training; you may ask CIC’s team of experienced Consultants for advice on further Study and Programmes to improve career progress, development and advancement.
- CIC’s experienced and helpful staff can assist you with special requests or requirements you might have, such as for a reference/recommendation letter, and more, by post and email.
- International Business & Administration (EBA) EBA: Executive Business Administration 3 years (flexible)
- International Business & Trade Diploma 12 months (flexible)
- Commerce & Administration EBA: Executive Business Administration 3 years (flexible)
- Marketing Management (EMBA) EMBA: Executive Mastery of Business Administration 3 years (flexible)
The men and woman who study and complete this Programme are ready for senior management, executive, professional and/or directorship level positions. The EMBA Programme is designed as a level-7 programme, to prepare ambitious and far-sighted men and women for senior and executive level managerial positions in today’s highly competitive business world.
Further graduate-level studies are available with CIC. There is a wide range of options for further study - see the "Related Courses" section for suggestions – which include:
- a second EMBA specialization (you will only need to study the 2 additional Specialization subjects), the 'Double Award' EBA & BBA Bachelor degree Programme (if not already held),
- the 'Double Award' EMBA & MBA degree Programme,
- and the PhD/DBA Doctorate Programme.
You are welcome to ask the College for advice, and of course you can see details of these Programmes on this website.
Sign up to this course
Duration & Assessments
The standard Study Period is 3 years (36 months) but this is flexible so that the EMBA can be completed more quickly, or over a longer period of timeREAD MORE »
To gain your prestigious Executive EMBA award you must pass a written Examination/Assessment on each Core Subject. Full and clear details about Examinations/Assessments are provided to you, including in your personal Study & Training Guide, after you have enrolled. The clear information explains when, where and how your Examinations/Assessments will be arranged - it is a simple and straightforward process, which hundreds of thousands of other Members have successfully gone through. If you study well and follow the advice in the CIC Study & Training Guide and Examinations/Assessments Advice, you will pass through each Study Year successfully and you will graduate with your valuable and highly regarded EMBA award in good time!
**An Assignment Option is available instead of an Exam for the ‘Covid-19’ (Corona) virus period.
(See the “WHAT IS INCLUDED” section for this Programme, and/or the “FAQs - Frequently Asked Questions” section of this website, if you would like more information.)
An international award showing your top quality graduate level competence, knowledge and understanding in international business, management, marketing