Mastery of Management Graduate Diploma on
Organisational Design & Behaviour
This is a Program which provides a managerial approach to organisational design and the understanding of organizational processes; it comprehensively and clearly deals with organisation structure and operation, the process of management and the behaviour of people at work.
The Program provides the ability to analyse the structure, processes and management of organisations, and the ‘tools’ to search for the most appropriate ways of improving organisational performance and effectiveness. It provides a framework for understanding the order and systems of command through which the work of the organisation is undertaken, and outlines the attention needing to be given to key organisational principles and the consideration of structure. The Program explains and shows how to develop organisational effectiveness, and the importance of the role of management as an integrating activity.
- Summary of major topics
- What is included
- Related courses
- Study & Career development
Summary of Major Topics:
The Context of Management and Organisational Behaviour:
- The changing nature of organisational behaviour and work organisation
- The relevance of management and organisational behaviour theories
- Organisational environment and culture
- Contrasting 19th, 20th and 21st century management
The Nature of Organisational Behaviour:
- Organisational behaviour and influences on behaviour in organisations
- Behavioural science - a multi-disciplinary approach
- Organisational effectiveness and management as an integrating activity
- Psychology, culture and organisational behaviour
Approaches to Organisation and Management
- Management theory: classical approaches, scientific management, bureaucracy, structuralism
- Management theory approaches: human relations, systems, contingency
- Other approaches to the study of organisations, the decision-making approach, social action
- Benefits to the manager and applications of organisation theory in practice
The Nature of Organisations
- Organisations: formal and informal, private and public sector, production and service
- Functions and components of an organisation, activity, authority and organisations
- Organisations as open systems, interactions with the environment, sub-systems
- The analysis of work organisations, contingency models, technology and managing technical change
- The nature, functions and integration of organisational goals
- Classification and alteration of organisational goals
- Organisational ideologies and principles, values and beliefs
- Objectives and policy, multiple objectives and actuality
Organisational Strategy and Responsibilities
- The need for strategy, the concept of synergy
- SWOT analysis, the management of opportunities and risks
- Social responsibilities of organisations, stakeholders
- Corporate social responsibility, business ethics, values, related legislation
Organisation Structure and Design
- The nature, importance and design of good structure; effect on organisational behaviour
- Levels of organisation, hierarchy, objectives, spans of control, the scalar chain
- Task and element functions, division of work, centralisation and decentralisation
- Structures: flat, formal, line and staff, project teams and matrix organisation
Patterns of Structure and Work Organisation
- Variables influencing organisation structure, size, technology, environment, flexibility
- Studies and theorists: Woodward, Perrow, Burns and Stalker, Lawrence and Lorsch
- Mixed and alternative forms of organisation structure, the contingency approach
- Delegation and manager-subordinate relationships, control, empowerment
Technology and Organisations
- Developments, adoption and introduction of new technology
- The influence of social, political and contextual factors
- Managerial and employee involvement in technical change
- Acceptance of technical change, job redesign and work humanisation
Your CIC Fee includes:-
- Your enrolment/registration with Cambridge International College, and your own high-quality, professionally produced and illustrated comprehensive Core Study Publication and supplementary Study Publication.
- Study & Training Guidance with advice on how to study to achieve success and gain top results.
- A detailed, professionally written Examinations Guide which includes expert advice, guidance and tips on how to prepare for, approach and answer Examinations in order to achieve the best results.
- Test Questions/Past Papers.
- The Final Examination sat under Invigilation/Supervision in your own area - full details, guidance and explanation of how your Examination will be arranged and how Invigilation is conducted will be provided when you register. Note, CIC arranges Examinations in over a hundred countries worldwide for thousands of Members every year; it is a flexible, straightforward process and will be arranged when YOU are ready to write your Examination.
- The prestigious Cambridge International College Mastery of Management Diploma when you pass the Final Examination.
- Your personal page on CIC’s Member Services website with access to results, despatch details, advice and guidance, and more: www.cambridgeinternationalcollege.co.uk
- Regular information and news including: Newsletters with details of special offers and new Programs and much more; and Competition Forms; by email and post.
Everything needed for your Study & Training success is included in the CIC Fee.
- Further Study and Training Advice, and Assistance is available before, during and after CIC Study & Training; Members may ask CIC’s team of experienced Consultants for advice on further study and Programmes to improve career prospects and advancement.
- CIC’s experienced and helpful staff can assist with numerous special requests, such as reference/recommendation letters and transcripts, and more, by post and email.
- Organisational Behaviour Diploma 12 months (flexible)
- Organisational Understanding & Development Mastery of Management Graduate Diploma One year (flexible)
- Organisational Management (AMBMA) Advanced Mastery of Business Management & Administration (AMBMA) 3 years (flexible)
- Advanced Management & Administration Theory & Practice Diploma 12 months (flexible)
- Leadership & Team Management Diploma 12 months (flexible)
This Program covers a range of areas related to management, organisational behaviour, organisational setting and organisation structures, including the essential nature of managerial work, the context in which the activity of management takes place, the manner in which responsibilities for and duties of management are exercised, and the process of management and execution of work. Therefore it is a valuable and helpful Program for anybody seeking to become, or develop further, as a professional manager, executive or other senior figure in an organisation.
This graduate/MBA/MA-level Program is confirmation of your ability to successfully undertake further studies at graduate levels, in management, organisation, human resource and a wide range of related studies.
Sign up to this course
Duration & Assessments
The standard Study Period is one year (12 months) but the actual time taken to complete the Mastery of Management Graduate Diploma is flexible.READ MORE »
To gain your prestigious high-level Mastery of Management Graduate Diploma you must sit and pass a written Examination/Assessment. Full and clear details about this are provided to you, including in your Study & Training Guide, after you have enrolled. The clear information explains when, where and how your Examination/Assessment will be arranged - it is a simple and straightforward process, which hundreds of thousands of other Members have successfully gone through. If you study well, and follow the advice in the CIC Study & Training Guide, then you should be able to achieve a good result and obtain your respected Graduate Diploma!
(See the College Prospectus, or the “Frequently Asked Questions” section on the “Contact Us” page of this website, if you would like more information.)
A professional, graduate level qualification, ideal for high-level managerial responsibility in all type of organisations.