Leadership & Team Management
A Program which provides the skills, knowledge and understanding needed for successful leadership, teamwork and team building.
This Program will equip men and women who are, or intend to become, supervisors, managers, professionals or executives, with the knowledge to provide effective leadership and to effectively build and manage teams. The ability to work as part of a team, and demonstrate leadership skills is vital for business and career success; this Program covers these important aspects of organisational life, as well as motivation, team behaviour, team roles, development and culture, and the use and influence of power in organisations. The Program will help current and future managers and leaders to understand the changes in their leadership role as they rise in seniority, and to understand both practical and theoretical leadership.
- Summary of major topics
- What is included
- Related courses
- Study & Career development
Major Topics Covered in this Diploma Program include:
- Leadership and team building - their importance and roles.
- Leadership, work, organisations and human characteristics.
- Customer service, SMART and C-SMART criteria.
- Motivating people; the social context and psychology.
- Describing and examining various motivational theories, the need for achievement.
- Team and group definitions; values and team behaviour, peoples’ perceptions of teams.
- Team types and team membership.
- Synergy, groupthink, group dynamics and norms, peer and hierarchical groups; inertia and friction.
- Team formation and development; team features, communication and life cycle; team loyalty.
- Team roles and functions; role theory, team wheels, Belbin’s model.
- Testing for teams and selecting team members, the need for balance, recruitment.
- The role of the leader; leadership traits and styles.
- Leadership theories, the leadership spectrum and matrix, becoming a leader.
- Power, influence and relationships in organisations; the use and sources of power.
- Authority, responsibility and accountability.
- Delegation and empowerment in the workplace.
- Dealing with conflict; negotiation, learning, adaptation, and behaviour change.
- Team leadership and culture; cultural development and change, cultural types, culture clashes.
- Twenty-first century teams and leaders, ICT and technological synergy, virtual teams, boundaries.
- Theorists: Adair, Belbin, Warren, Blanchard, Covey, Handy, Lewin, Lewis, Morris, Peters, Robbins.
Your CIC Fee includes:-
- Your enrolment/registration with Cambridge International College, and your own high-quality, professionally produced and illustrated comprehensive International CIC Core Study Publication.
- A detailed, professional ‘Study & Training Guide’ with full instructions on how to study to achieve success and gain top results. The Guide includes detailed advice on how to answer Tests and Examinations.
- Training Tests (which can be used as ‘Past Papers/Questions’) and Recommended Answers for them.
- The Final Examination sat under Invigilation/Supervision in your own area - full details, guidance and explanation of how your Examination will be arranged and how Invigilation is conducted will be provided when you register. Note, CIC arranges Examinations in over a hundred countries worldwide for thousands of Members every year; it is a flexible, straightforward process and will be arranged when YOU are ready to write your Examination. The prestigious Cambridge International College Diploma on successful completion of your Study & Training and on passing the Final Examination.
- Your personal page on CIC’s Member Services website with access to results, despatch details, advice and guidance, and more: www.cambridgeinternationalcollege.co.uk
- Regular information and news including: Newsletters with details of special offers and new Programs and much more; and Competition Forms; by email and post.
- Everything needed for your Study & Training success is included in the CIC Fee.
- Further Study and Training Advice, and Assistance is available before, during and after CIC Study & Training; Members may ask CIC’s team of experienced Consultants for advice on further study and Programmes to improve career prospects and advancement.
- CIC’s experienced and helpful staff can assist with numerous special requests, such as reference/recommendation letters and transcripts, and more, by post and email.
- Management & Administration Diploma 12 months (flexible)
- Management & Leadership Mastery of Management Graduate Diploma One year (flexible)
- Management & Administration (BAA) Baccalaureate 2 years (flexible)
- Leadership & Strategic Administration Executive Business Administration (EBA) 3 years (flexible)
- Strategic Management (AMBMA) Advanced Mastery of Business Management & Administration (AMBMA) 3 years (flexible)
Leadership, teamwork and team building is needed to a greater or lesser degree in every aspect of life and work, and this Program and equips those working in, or aiming for a career in supervision and management with the knowledge to understand and develop these important aspects of organisational life - and to succeed, and develop in their careers, be noticed and admired by colleagues and employers, to gain promotion and respect.
CIC provides further course in management and leadership, from Diploma through to the highest levels of study, and in general leadership, management and related studies are required for entrance to almost all higher-level courses offered by educational institutions.
There is a wide range of options for further study - see the "Related Courses" section for suggestions - which include Honours Diplomas, ABA & Baccalaureate Programmes, and the 'Double Award' EBA & BBA Bachelor degree Programme. You are welcome to ask the College for advice, and of course you can see details of these Programmes on this website.
Sign up to this course
Duration & Assessments
The Study Period is one year (12 months) but this is flexible; the Diploma can be completed in a shorter period, or you can take longer if necessary.READ MORE »
To gain your Diploma you need to sit and pass an Examination/Assessment. Full and clear details about this are provided to you, including in your Study & Training Guide, after you have enrolled. The clear information explains when, where and how your Examination/Assessment will be arranged - it is a simple and straightforward process, which hundreds of thousands of other Members have successfully gone through. If you study well, and follow the advice in the CIC Study & Training Guide, then you should be able to achieve high marks and good grades, and obtain your prestigious International Diploma!
(See the College Prospectus, or the “Frequently Asked Questions” section on the “Contact Us” page of this website, if you would like more information.)
An international accredited qualification for professional development and career success showing you have substantial skills, competence and knowledge.