Advanced Management & Administration Theory & Practice
A Program providing advanced knowledge and understanding of the theories and concepts of management, leadership, motivation and strategic issues in the contemporary management and administrative environment.
This broad and important Program teaches and explains about management, leadership, strategic, motivation and change-management theories, and more; it provides a framework for learning and understanding how to deal with advanced management and administration issues. It blends the theory with the reality of management, showing how to make stronger management decisions. The Program is essential study for men and women aiming to become better, more effective managers, to gain higher posts, and to move on to higher studies.
- Summary of major topics
- What is included
- Related courses
- Study & Career development
Major Topics Covered in this Diploma Program include:
- The evolution of management theory, the classical and early theorists, modern developments.
- Fayol: authority, responsibility, discipline, command.
- Weber: organization, authority, leadership, bureaucracy.
- Taylor: scientific management, method study, time & motion study, O&M study.
- Mayo: human relations theory.
- Organisational theory: objectives, categories, ownership, environmental factors and interaction.
- Systems theory, open and closed systems, standards, feedback and control.
- Coordination, cooperation, structure, control.
- Organisational structures, spans of control; structure, growth and development.
- Organization charts, systems diagrams.
- Duties and responsibilities of executives, effective delegation and responsibility for actions.
- Motivational theory, motivational factors; human relations, social psychology, self-realisation theory.
- Argyis: Immaturity-Maturity Theory.
- Maslow: Hierarchy of Human Needs.
- McGregor: Theory X and Theory Y.
- Likert: management styles.
- Herzberg: Motivation-Hygiene Theory.
- Vroom: expectancy theory.
- Handy: Motivational Calculus; intrinsic and extrinsic factors.
- Leadership theory: types of leader, leadership traits.
- Leadership style, contingency leadership; managerial grids.
- Adair: functional leadership; Fielder: relative favourability.
- Building workgroups, groups and group behaviour, norms, cohesiveness.
- Effective and ineffective groups, teams and team-building, team roles.
- Strategic management; Fayol: elements of management.
- Chandler, Andrews: corporate and business strategy.
- Ansoff: product-market growth strategy; the BCG matrix.
- Porter’s competitive forces; SWOT analysis, barriers to entry, industrial competitiveness.
- Corporate objectives, policies, business ethics, business social responsibility
- Business Environment: macro and micro environment, PEST analysis.
- Managing change, the dimensions of change, resistance to change, the change culture.
- Moss Kanter, learning organizations, entrepreneurship, innovation, managing change.
- Mission, vision, shareholder and stakeholder values, standards and behaviour, mission statements.
- Communications theory and models; cognitive, congruency and attitude theories.
- Business ethics, globalisation, compliance, codes of conduct, ethical investment, cases.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE MODEST CIC FEE
Your CIC Fee includes:-
- Your enrolment/registration with Cambridge International College, and your own high-quality, professionally produced and illustrated comprehensive International CIC Study & Training Publications.
- A detailed, professional ‘Study & Training Guide’ with full instructions on how to study to achieve success and gain top results. The Guide includes detailed advice on how to answer Self-Assessment Tests, Training Tests and Examinations.
- Self-Assessment Tests and Recommended Answers for them, and a Progress Chart.
- Two Progress/Training Tests (which can be used as ‘Past Papers/Questions’) with an optional Tutorial Support Service.
- The Final Examination sat under Invigilation/Supervision in your own area - full details, guidance and explanation of how your Examination will be arranged and how Invigilation is conducted will be provided when you register. Note, CIC arranges Examinations in over a hundred countries worldwide for thousands of Members every year; it is a flexible, straightforward process and will be arranged when YOU are ready to write your Examination.
- The prestigious Cambridge International College Diploma on successful completion of your Study & Training and on passing the Final Examination.
- Your personal page on CIC’s Member Services website with access to results, despatch details, advice and guidance, and more: www.cambridgeinternationalcollege.co.uk
- Regular information and news including: Newsletters with details of special offers and new Programs and much more; and Competition Forms; by email and post.
Everything needed for your Study & Training success is included in the CIC Fee.
- Further Study and Training Advice, and Assistance is available before, during and after CIC Study & Training; Members may ask CIC’s team of experienced Consultants for advice on further study and Programmes to improve career prospects and advancement.
- CIC’s experienced and helpful staff can assist with numerous special requests, such as reference/recommendation letters and transcripts, and more, by post and email.
- Business Administration Honours (Higher) Diploma 21 months (flexible)
- Corporate Strategy & Planning Mastery of Management Graduate Diploma One year (flexible)
- Leadership & Team Management Diploma 12 months (flexible)
- Management & Administration (BAA) Baccalaureate 2 years (flexible)
- Management & Leadership Mastery of Management Graduate Diploma One year (flexible)
This is the Program which provides the skills and framework needed to help junior and/or middle managers advance to become highly effective, respected higher-level managers, administrators, leaders and supervisors; it is a gateway to showing the ability to take on greater responsibility and control.
The Program is a compulsory one for all CIC Honours Group Diplomas, and shows the ability to study a wider range of higher-level courses including graduate level studies.
Sign up to this course
Duration & Assessments
The Study Period is one year (12 months) but this is flexible; the Diploma can be completed in a shorter period, or you can take longer if necessary.READ MORE »
To gain your Diploma you need to sit and pass an Examination/Assessment. Full and clear details about this are provided to you, including in your Study & Training Guide, after you have enrolled. The clear information explains when, where and how your Examination/Assessment will be arranged - it is a simple and straightforward process, which hundreds of thousands of other Members have successfully gone through. If you study well, and follow the advice in the CIC Study & Training Guide, then you should be able to achieve high marks and good grades, and obtain your prestigious International Diploma!
(See the College Prospectus, or the “Frequently Asked Questions” section on the “Contact Us” page of this website, if you would like more information.)
An international accredited qualification for professional development and career success showing you have substantial skills, competence and knowledge.