Education & Teaching: Classroom Management
Without sound classroom skills even the most talented teacher will fail to achieve their teaching goals; this Program shows how implementing modern pro-active practices and classroom structure improves teaching and makes you a more successful teacher.
This Program is about becoming an exceptional teacher. It is based on three principles: creating a learning community within classrooms and schools to encourage responsibility, trust and academic improvement; proactive discipline to prevent problems and to create a positive classroom environment and enthusiastic students; and positive support for students to help their development. The Program is filled with practical advice, thoughts and strategies for managing classroom behaviour, designing and setting up classrooms, and ensuring student safety. It combines the best practices of general and special education for managing students, including those who are culturally diverse and those with special needs.
- Summary of major topics
- What is included
- Related courses
- Study & Career development
Major Topics Covered in this Diploma Program include:
- Proactive classroom management - its meaning and effect on achievement.
- Proactive teachers, positive teacher attitudes.
- The purpose of education; management and achievement in teaching, classrooms and schools.
- School discipline and the behaviour of students; classroom structure, instruction approach.
- Theories and models in teaching; applying concepts, teachers’ self-reflection and review.
- Building a classroom community: the benefits in terms of success, trust, and the effects on student behaviour.
- Creating a sense of belonging for students.
- Effective empowerment of students and improvement in results and behaviour.
- The elements and planning involved in creating a proactive classroom.
- Developing positive student-teacher relationships; becoming a good teacher.
- Emotional empathy and understanding students’ communities and situations.
- The issues of managing and dealing with stereotypes; aiming for gender equity and avoiding bias.
- Diversity in the classroom and cultural differences.
- Preventing disruption in learning environments.
- Managing groups, maintaining focus, achieving group cohesion.
- Encouraging peer relationships and support networks for students.
- Enhancing student motivation; overcoming the failure syndrome; increasing optimism and effort.
- Motivation theories in educational situations, intrinsic and extrinsic motivation.
- Instructing classes; promoting engaged learning.
- Organising teaching.
- Differentiation in the classroom for learners, learning and development.
- Students with learning problems, dealing with them; promoting and enhancing social skills.
- Positive behavioural support; proactive behavioural intervention strategies.
- Analysing and counteracting misbehaviour; problem behaviour and strategies to overcome it.
- Discipline with dignity; the roles, advantages and disadvantages of sanctions and punishment.
- Behaviour modification and accepted standards of behaviour.
- The conflict cycle, reinforcement of good behaviour and positive outcomes.
- Students with emotional problems; types of behaviour arising.
- Students with disabilities; model programs.
- Self-control for teachers and educators.
- Health and safety in schools; hazards and dangers in schools and educational establishments.
- Safety and risk management, the responsibilities of educators and supervisors.
Your CIC Fee includes:-
- Your enrolment/registration with Cambridge International College, and your own high-quality, professionally produced and illustrated comprehensive International CIC Core Study Publication.
- A detailed, professional ‘Study & Training Guide’ with full instructions on how to study to achieve success and gain top results. The Guide includes detailed advice on how to answer Tests and Examinations.
- Training Tests (which can be used as ‘Past Papers/Questions’) and Recommended Answers for them.
- The Final Examination sat under Invigilation/Supervision in your own area - full details, guidance and explanation of how your Examination will be arranged and how Invigilation is conducted will be provided when you register. Note, CIC arranges Examinations in over a hundred countries worldwide for thousands of Members every year; it is a flexible, straightforward process and will be arranged when YOU are ready to write your Examination. The prestigious Cambridge International College Diploma on successful completion of your Study & Training and on passing the Final Examination.
- Your personal page on CIC’s Member Services website with access to results, despatch details, advice and guidance, and more: www.cambridgeinternationalcollege.co.uk
- Regular information and news including: Newsletters with details of special offers and new Programs and much more; and Competition Forms; by email and post.
- Everything needed for your Study & Training success is included in the CIC Fee.
- Further Study and Training Advice, and Assistance is available before, during and after CIC Study & Training; Members may ask CIC’s team of experienced Consultants for advice on further study and Programmes to improve career prospects and advancement.
- CIC’s experienced and helpful staff can assist with numerous special requests, such as reference/recommendation letters and transcripts, and more, by post and email.
The design of the Program aims to meet the needs of new teachers and veteran teachers and educators, and those studying education. It is a practical guide to managing students in the classroom, with many proven strategies to deal with challenges that teachers may face. The underlying are principles that successful classroom management is based on putting children and students needs at the heart of the teaching process and that a classroom can be managed to achieve high results. The Program is valuable and important not only to actual teachers, but to departmental managers, heads and the management team of schools and educational organisations.
Related and additional studies may be available in the educational and teaching field on request.
Sign up to this course
Duration & Assessments
The Study Period is one year (12 months) but this is flexible; the Diploma can be completed in a shorter period, or you can take longer if necessary.READ MORE »
To gain your Diploma you need to sit and pass an Examination/Assessment. Full and clear details about this are provided to you, including in your Study & Training Guide, after you have enrolled. The clear information explains when, where and how your Examination/Assessment will be arranged - it is a simple and straightforward process, which hundreds of thousands of other Members have successfully gone through. If you study well, and follow the advice in the CIC Study & Training Guide, then you should be able to achieve high marks and good grades, and obtain your prestigious International Diploma!
(See the College Prospectus, or the “Frequently Asked Questions” section on the “Contact Us” page of this website, if you would like more information.)
An international accredited qualification for professional development and career success showing you have substantial skills, competence and knowledge.