Essential Everyday English
Improve and increase your technical and practical use of English for social, work, and everyday situations - improve your English proficiency and confidence in your use of English.
This Program covers the essentials of English and focuses on improvement of reading, writing and understanding. The Program will increase technical and practical proficiency, and starts by explaining the different types of English words, the importance of sentences and paragraphs, what they do and how they should be put together, and teaches how to improve English usage, knowledge and communication. The Program deals with what needs to be known for success in Examinations, and for progress to more complex and professional English studies.
- Summary of major topics
- What is included
- Related courses
- Study & Career development
Summary of Major Topics Covered in this Diploma Program:
- English words, the Alphabet, capital and small letters, vowels, consonants, syllables; singular, plural.
- Parts of speech: nouns, pronouns, adjectives, prepositions, verbs, adverbs, conjunctions; gender.
- Sentences: subjects, objects, word order, compound sentences.
- Statements, questions, commands.
- Verbs, finite forms, action.
- Verb tenses - present, future, past; simple, continuous, perfect; conjugation.
- Pronouns: why and when used; objects, subjects; potential errors; position and meaning in sentences.
- Adjectives: uses and types, articles, colours, numbers.
- Adverbs: uses, position, qualifying words.
- Punctuating sentences: full stops, commas, colons; question, exclamation, quotation marks; dashes.
- English dictionaries; spelling, accents, meanings; vocabulary; suffixes, prefixes; word confusion.
- Positive and negative sentences and questions; ‘not’ and abbreviations.
- Changing sentence tenses.
- Sentences and paragraphs; passive and active, short and long.
- Dialogue: direct and indirect speech.
- Making written English interesting; writing stories and about events.
- Comprehension, understanding written passages of text, the context of written English, answering questions.
- Letter writing: social, business and private letters; their aims, layout, structure, content and features.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE MODEST CIC FEE
Your CIC Fee includes:-
- Your enrolment/registration with Cambridge International College, and your own high-quality, professionally produced and illustrated comprehensive International CIC Study & Training Publications.
- A detailed, professional ‘Study & Training Guide’ with full instructions on how to study to achieve success and gain top results. The Guide includes detailed advice on how to answer Self-Assessment Tests, Training Tests and Examinations.
- Self-Assessment Tests and Recommended Answers for them, and a Progress Chart.
- Two Progress/Training Tests (which can be used as ‘Past Papers/Questions’) with an optional Tutorial Support Service.
- The Final Examination sat under Invigilation/Supervision in your own area - full details, guidance and explanation of how your Examination will be arranged and how Invigilation is conducted will be provided when you register. Note, CIC arranges Examinations in over a hundred countries worldwide for thousands of Members every year; it is a flexible, straightforward process and will be arranged when YOU are ready to write your Examination.
- The prestigious Cambridge International College Diploma on successful completion of your Study & Training and on passing the Final Examination.
- Your personal page on CIC’s Member Services website with access to results, despatch details, advice and guidance, and more: www.cambridgeinternationalcollege.co.uk
- Regular information and news including: Newsletters with details of special offers and new Programs and much more; and Competition Forms; by email and post.
Everything needed for your Study & Training success is included in the CIC Fee.
- Further Study and Training Advice, and Assistance is available before, during and after CIC Study & Training; Members may ask CIC’s team of experienced Consultants for advice on further study and Programmes to improve career prospects and advancement.
- CIC’s experienced and helpful staff can assist with numerous special requests, such as reference/recommendation letters and transcripts, and more, by post and email.
- Business English & Letter Writing Diploma 12 months (flexible)
- Communication in Business & Management Diploma 12 months (flexible)
- Professional English (Everyday & Business Use) Diploma 12 months (flexible)
- English & Administration (BEA) Baccalaureate 2 years (flexible)
- Administrative, Personal Assistant & Secretarial Duties Diploma 12 months (flexible)
English is the language most spoken in countries around the world, whether it is a person's first language or a second or even third language. English is the main international language for communication, education, work and business, and therefore it is essential for nearly all work positions and careers to achieve a good command of the English language. This Program will provide this needed knowledge and ability.
CIC provides a number of English Programs and Higher Programmes which can be studied after Essentials of Everyday English, if needed, to bring English qualifications, ability and development to even higher levels.
Sign up to this course
Duration & Assessments
The Study Period is one year (12 months) but this is flexible; the Diploma can be completed in a shorter period, or you can take longer if necessary.READ MORE »
To gain your Diploma you need to sit and pass an Examination/Assessment. Full and clear details about this are provided to you, including in your Study & Training Guide, after you have enrolled. The clear information explains when, where and how your Examination/Assessment will be arranged - it is a simple and straightforward process, which hundreds of thousands of other Members have successfully gone through. If you study well, and follow the advice in the CIC Study & Training Guide, then you should be able to achieve high marks and good grades, and obtain your prestigious International Diploma!
(See the College Prospectus, or the “Frequently Asked Questions” section on the “Contact Us” page of this website, if you would like more information.)
An international accredited qualification for professional development and career success showing you have substantial skills, competence and knowledge.