Professional English (Everyday & Business Use)
Learn to professionally use and understand English to a high level, in social, business and situations.
This Program is for men and women who need to learn and use advanced English in business, management and socially; it covers a wide range of topics which are very important in speaking, reading and writing good English of an advanced standard, both in everyday situations and in the workplace. Those who thoroughly study and complete this Program will gain a good understanding of technical English matters and will be able to read, write and communicate in good English, and show that they have the education and training which employers want in staff destined for promotion, and which gives confidence to employers, colleagues, customers and clients.
- Summary of major topics
- What is included
- Related courses
- Study & Career development
Major Topics Covered in this Diploma Program include:
- Punctuation marks and their purpose to make writing clear and easy to understand.
- Improving vocabulary and knowledge of English words; prefixes and suffixes.
- Spellings and the meanings of English words, dictionaries.
- The various types of punctuation and their uses in theory and practice.
- Forming complete and sensible sentences: sentence parts: subjects, predicates, word order.
- Building logical and well-ordered paragraphs.
- Positive and negative statements, questions and commands. 1st, 2nd, 3rd person; verb tenses.
- Using names and numbers; their features and purposes. Complements, transitive verbs.
- The parts of speech: nouns, pronouns, verbs, adverbs, adjectives, conjunctions and prepositions.
- More on words and speech: gender, subjective and objective words and phrases, articles.
- Making writing varied and interesting, creating descriptions, the context of words and passages.
- Avoiding problems with commonly confused English words.
- Using an English-English dictionary to increase understanding and variety.
- Distinguishing between words.
- Developing a good writing style; the meanings of uses of similes and metaphors.
- Comprehension, reading, understanding and interpreting, and responding sensibly.
- Writing social and private letters: preparing enquiries and complaints, writing replies.
- Written and spoken English compared; direct and indirect speech and writing.
- Introduction to business letter writing: planning, drafting, features, layouts, objectives, tones, style, references, post scripts; passages, paragraphs, clarity.
- Letters about sales, employment, accounts and other business matters.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE MODEST CIC FEE
Your CIC Fee includes:-
- Your enrolment/registration with Cambridge International College, and your own high-quality, professionally produced and illustrated comprehensive International CIC Study & Training Publications.
- A detailed, professional ‘Study & Training Guide’ with full instructions on how to study to achieve success and gain top results. The Guide includes detailed advice on how to answer Self-Assessment Tests, Training Tests and Examinations.
- Self-Assessment Tests and Recommended Answers for them, and a Progress Chart.
- Two Progress/Training Tests (which can be used as ‘Past Papers/Questions’) with an optional Tutorial Support Service.
- The Final Examination sat under Invigilation/Supervision in your own area - full details, guidance and explanation of how your Examination will be arranged and how Invigilation is conducted will be provided when you register. Note, CIC arranges Examinations in over a hundred countries worldwide for thousands of Members every year; it is a flexible, straightforward process and will be arranged when YOU are ready to write your Examination.
- The prestigious Cambridge International College Diploma on successful completion of your Study & Training and on passing the Final Examination.
- Your personal page on CIC’s Member Services website with access to results, despatch details, advice and guidance, and more: www.cambridgeinternationalcollege.co.uk
- Regular information and news including: Newsletters with details of special offers and new Programs and much more; and Competition Forms; by email and post.
Everything needed for your Study & Training success is included in the CIC Fee.
- Further Study and Training Advice, and Assistance is available before, during and after CIC Study & Training; Members may ask CIC’s team of experienced Consultants for advice on further study and Programmes to improve career prospects and advancement.
- CIC’s experienced and helpful staff can assist with numerous special requests, such as reference/recommendation letters and transcripts, and more, by post and email.
- Administrative, Personal Assistant & Secretarial Duties Diploma 12 months (flexible)
- Business English & Letter Writing Diploma 12 months (flexible)
- EXECUTIVE & SECRETARIAL ASSISTANCE Honours (Higher) Diploma 21 months (flexible)
- English & Administration (BEA) Baccalaureate 2 years (flexible)
- Management & Administration Diploma 12 months (flexible)
The ability to write, speak and communicate in good English - professionally - is a huge advantage when aiming to gain good employment, gain the confidence of employers and customers, and in seeking promotion and high-level posts. Without a good level of English people are often considered to be poorly educated or to lack managerial/administrative, secretarial or personnel skills. Not only is English an international language, but it is frequently the medium of communication for those who have different ‘first languages’, so good English is essential. This is an excellent and useful Program and builds upon the College’s Essential Everyday English Program, and takes English skills to a professional level of ability.
English at this level is often needed for admission to higher-level studies internationally, in all areas of study and education. CIC itself provides a number of higher and related Programmes which build upon and widen English - and managerial - skills and knowledge.
Sign up to this course
Duration & Assessments
The Study Period is one year (12 months) but this is flexible; the Diploma can be completed in a shorter period, or you can take longer if necessary.READ MORE »
To gain your Diploma you need to sit and pass an Examination/Assessment. Full and clear details about this are provided to you, including in your Study & Training Guide, after you have enrolled. The clear information explains when, where and how your Examination/Assessment will be arranged - it is a simple and straightforward process, which hundreds of thousands of other Members have successfully gone through. If you study well, and follow the advice in the CIC Study & Training Guide, then you should be able to achieve high marks and good grades, and obtain your prestigious International Diploma!
(See the College Prospectus, or the “Frequently Asked Questions” section on the “Contact Us” page of this website, if you would like more information.)
An international accredited qualification for professional development and career success showing you have substantial skills, competence and knowledge.