Business Management & Administration
This Program teaches about all aspects of business, and provides the skills and knowledge needed to ensure managerial and administrative efficiency in business, and the competence to operate profitability in the modern industrial and commercial business world.
Success in business today depends on much more than just the ability to produce or sell products. A modern business manager or administrator must also be proficient in managing finance, business resources, accounts, human resource, purchasing, marketing, stock control, office organisation and control, computerisation, communications, and very much more. This Program is designed to train existing, new and future managers to run businesses successfully, and provides the foundation for any successful career involving business, management or administration; it is essential for anyone seeking administrative or managerial posts, and for people running businesses or in management positions.
- Summary of major topics
- What is included
- Related courses
- Study & Career development
Summary of Major Topics Covered in this Diploma Program include:
- Business objectives, planning and forecasting in business, the business plan; competition, location, knowledge, skills, market potential.
- The business environment: public, private and trading enterprises; sole-proprietors, partnership firms, limited liability companies, the board of directors.
- Capital and the financing of businesses, sources of capital, share issues; revenue, income, expenditure, overheads.
- The importance of working capital, its components and management; cash and funds flow.
- Starting or taking over a business - factors to investigate and consider, research, competition, market potential, location factors, goodwill.
- Business organisation, structure, expansion, delegation, re-organising.
- Communications: internal and external, vertical and horizontal, channels, effect on employees, managers and customers.
- Budgeting, budgetary control, limiting factors; sales, production and other sub-budgets, the master budget.
- Pricing policy and factors effecting prices set.
- Credit: types and purposes, credit limits, credit control, bad debts; discounts: trade, quantity, others.
- Management of personnel: recruitment, job analysis, advertising, selecting, inducting, training, controlling, remunerating.
- Motivation, human resources, discipline, counselling, resignations, retirements.
- Stock control, the stores department, costs in maintaining stocks, stock levels, stock records, stock-taking.
- Purchasing, buying, choosing suppliers, ordering, negotiating.
- Selling, sales and marketing management, market research, advertising, publicity and sales promotion, pricing policy.
- Office management, delegation of responsibility; structure, charts; control and standards; communication.
- Production management: market, technology and manpower factors; production methods, factories, machinery and equipment; costing, standard costs, variance.
- Financial accounting and records, bookkeeping, manufacturing and trading and profit & loss accounts, the balance sheet, ratios and analysis.
- Office organisation and control, layout, data, records, the office environment; health and safety in the workplace, O & M Studies.
- Computer programs and systems, IT, security, office machinery and equipment, word processing.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE MODEST CIC FEE
Your CIC Fee includes:-
- Your enrolment/registration with Cambridge International College, and your own high-quality, professionally produced and illustrated comprehensive International CIC Study & Training Publications.
- A detailed, professional ‘Study & Training Guide’ with full instructions on how to study to achieve success and gain top results. The Guide includes detailed advice on how to answer Self-Assessment Tests, Training Tests and Examinations.
- Self-Assessment Tests and Recommended Answers for them, and a Progress Chart.
- Two Progress/Training Tests (which can be used as ‘Past Papers/Questions’) with an optional Tutorial Support Service.
- The Final Examination sat under Invigilation/Supervision in your own area - full details, guidance and explanation of how your Examination will be arranged and how Invigilation is conducted will be provided when you register. Note, CIC arranges Examinations in over a hundred countries worldwide for thousands of Members every year; it is a flexible, straightforward process and will be arranged when YOU are ready to write your Examination.
- The prestigious Cambridge International College Diploma on successful completion of your Study & Training and on passing the Final Examination.
- Your personal page on CIC’s Member Services website with access to results, despatch details, advice and guidance, and more: www.cambridgeinternationalcollege.co.uk
- Regular information and news including: Newsletters with details of special offers and new Programs and much more; and Competition Forms; by email and post.
Everything needed for your Study & Training success is included in the CIC Fee.
- Further Study and Training Advice, and Assistance is available before, during and after CIC Study & Training; Members may ask CIC’s team of experienced Consultants for advice on further study and Programmes to improve career prospects and advancement.
- CIC’s experienced and helpful staff can assist with numerous special requests, such as reference/recommendation letters and transcripts, and more, by post and email.
- International Business & Trade Diploma 12 months (flexible)
- Business Administration Honours (Higher) Diploma 21 months (flexible)
- Business Development Honours (Higher) Diploma 21 months (flexible)
- Business Administration Executive Business Administration (EBA) 3 years (flexible)
- Leadership & Team Management Diploma 12 months (flexible)
This Program is suitable not only for people seeking managerial posts in business, but also for people who intend to establish and manage their own businesses in the future, and for those already running businesses or departments who need expert guidance and knowledge to ensure that is done profitably and successfully.
The variety of further and related studies available - in similar or different fields, and at similar or different levels - is enormous! For a general expansion of related knowledge the CIC Honours Diplomas are recommended; for expansion plus further specialisation the Baccalaureate and/or EBA programmes are recommended; and other studies are offered too.
Sign up to this course
Duration & Assessments
The Study Period is one year (12 months) but this is flexible; the Diploma can be completed in a shorter period, or you can take longer if necessary.READ MORE »
To gain your Diploma you need to sit and pass an Examination/Assessment. Full and clear details about this are provided to you, including in your Study & Training Guide, after you have enrolled. The clear information explains when, where and how your Examination/Assessment will be arranged - it is a simple and straightforward process, which hundreds of thousands of other Members have successfully gone through. If you study well, and follow the advice in the CIC Study & Training Guide, then you should be able to achieve high marks and good grades, and obtain your prestigious International Diploma!
(See the College Prospectus, or the “Frequently Asked Questions” section on the “Contact Us” page of this website, if you would like more information.)
An international accredited qualification for professional development and career success showing you have substantial skills, competence and knowledge.