- The organisation and its environment, organisational goals, aims and objectives. Decision-making.
- Perception: stereotyping, pigeonholing and compartmentalisation. Attitudes, values and beliefs.
- Learning, specialisation, development. Motivation processes and motivational theories.
- Personality, roles. Communication: direction, two-way, barriers. Influence, power, authority, control.
- Delegation of responsibility. Leadership: functions, styles. Teams and workgroups, development.
- Conflict. Spheres of influence. Relationships, trust, patronage, realpolitik.
- Ethics, responsibilities, obligations. Culture, pressure, influences. Technology, production.
- Organisation structure and design, centralisation, decentralisation. Change management.