This Program describes and explains about the behaviour of people in organizations, and provides the knowledge and understanding needed to be a successful and effective supervisor, motivator, leader and manager.
Understanding the principles of human behaviour in organisations is part of being a fully effective manager. These principles apply to all areas of an organisation and to the direction of teams; they apply to managers and supervisors in all sectors of industry, commerce and public service. The effects on people’s behaviour of policies, rules and decisions need to be understood by supervisors, junior, middle and senior management and directors and business owners. Organisational performance is reduced if insufficient attention is given to the people which comprise its human resource, so the Program covers human behaviour in organisations and the factors that affect people and their work. It provides a good understanding of organisations and is for anyone pursuing a career and professional development in a managerial role.
- Summary of major topics
- What is included
- Related courses
- Study & Career development
Major Topics Covered in this Diploma Program include:
- Definitions of organisational behaviour and the benefits of its study.
- Organisations and the environment; organisational goals, aims, objectives.
- Decisions and decision-making in organisations; systems in organisations.
- People’s perceptions: how and why they interpret events and actions.
- Perceptions, stereotypes and the halo effect.
- Exploring anthropology and sociology.
- Attitudes, values, beliefs, socialisation, learning and development.
- Motivation at work and motivational theories; features, requirements, processes, theories.
- Job design, frustration at work, stress, effects on performance.
- Personality, traits, qualities and team roles; role behaviour and activities.
- Selection, testing and assessment in teams.
- Communication: one-way, two-way, vertical, horizontal.
- Channels, barriers and blockages to communication; agendas, assertiveness.
- Influence at work, authority and its misuse.
- Sources of power, types of working relationship; control mechanisms, the delegation of authority.
- Leadership and management; functions, styles, factors, traits and complexities.
- Leadership models and theories.
- Teams and groups: their purposes; creation, development and behaviour of groups; high-performance teams.
- Conflict: sources and symptoms, conflict resolution and conflict management.
- Realpolitik and patronage, favouritism and bullying, trust and confidence.
- Organisational health and well-being.
- Ethics, responsibility and obligations in relationships; employees, customers and stakeholders.
- External and internal pressures, and influences of culture; cultural types and influences.
- Technology: size and scale of production, expertise, alienation, technological developments.
- Organisation structures and design, centralisation and decentralisation.
- Mechanistic and organic structures, bureaucracy.
- Change management: the drivers and factors of change, the processes and management of change.
Your CIC Fee includes:-
- Your enrolment/registration with Cambridge International College, and your own high-quality, professionally produced and illustrated comprehensive International CIC Core Study Publication.
- A detailed, professional ‘Study & Training Guide’ with full instructions on how to study to achieve success and gain top results. The Guide includes detailed advice on how to answer Tests and Examinations.
- Training Tests (which can be used as ‘Past Papers/Questions’) and Recommended Answers for them.
- The Final Examination sat under Invigilation/Supervision in your own area - full details, guidance and explanation of how your Examination will be arranged and how Invigilation is conducted will be provided when you register. Note, CIC arranges Examinations in over a hundred countries worldwide for thousands of Members every year; it is a flexible, straightforward process and will be arranged when YOU are ready to write your Examination. The prestigious Cambridge International College Diploma on successful completion of your Study & Training and on passing the Final Examination.
- Your personal page on CIC’s Member Services website with access to results, despatch details, advice and guidance, and more: www.cambridgeinternationalcollege.co.uk
- Regular information and news including: Newsletters with details of special offers and new Programs and much more; and Competition Forms; by email and post.
- Everything needed for your Study & Training success is included in the CIC Fee.
- Further Study and Training Advice, and Assistance is available before, during and after CIC Study & Training; Members may ask CIC’s team of experienced Consultants for advice on further study and Programmes to improve career prospects and advancement.
- CIC’s experienced and helpful staff can assist with numerous special requests, such as reference/recommendation letters and transcripts, and more, by post and email.
- Modern Management & Administration Diploma 12 months (flexible)
- Management & Administration Honours Diploma 21 months (flexible)
- Human Resource Administration Honours Diploma 21 months (flexible)
- Organisational Understanding & Development Mastery of Management Graduate Diploma One year (flexible)
- Organisational Management (AMBA) Advanced Mastery of Business Administration (AMBA) 3 years (flexible)
This Program covers the effects of policies, instructions, leadership, motivation, technological and social changes, all of which needs to be understood by managers and decision-makers so they can make the right choices and successfully manage people and enterprises. It advances professionalism and career development in all areas of management, making it very valuable for career development and advancement in any one or more of these career areas.
Further and related studies are available with CIC in organisational behaviour and the related topics it has, as well as in general and specific management and administration which this Program is an excellent foundation for. This Program covers many important areas which are needed to understand and successfully progress to higher studies.
Sign up to this course
Duration & Assessments
The Study Period is one year (12 months) but this is flexible; the Diploma can be completed in a shorter period, or you can take longer if necessary.READ MORE »
To gain your Diploma you need to sit and pass an Examination/Assessment. Full and clear details about this are provided to you, including in your Study & Training Guide, after you have enrolled. The clear information explains when, where and how your Examination/Assessment will be arranged - it is a simple and straightforward process, which hundreds of thousands of other Members have successfully gone through. If you study well, and follow the advice in the CIC Study & Training Guide, then you should be able to achieve high marks and good grades, and obtain your prestigious International Diploma!
(See the College Prospectus, or the “Frequently Asked Questions” section on the “Contact Us” page of this website, if you would like more information.)
An international accredited qualification for professional development and career success showing you have substantial skills, competence and knowledge.