Human Resource & Personnel Management
Study to become an efficient, knowledgeable, effective HR/Personnel officer, manager and/or practitioner.
This Program introduces, describes and explains the roles, activities and responsibilities of the human resource and personnel management function, its staff, officers and managers. It deals with the many different areas which come under the remit of HR/personnel management, and provides training on the important duties that HR/personnel management managers and staff must perform (including in industrial relations). The importance of modern, effective, trained HR/personnel managers, employees and departments has never been more important because they have the potential to positively effect the operations of an enterprise, avoid poor performance or low output by the workforce, reduce industrial action, and create a work environment which benefits both employees and the organization for which they work.
- Summary of major topics
- What is included
- Related courses
- Study & Career development
Major Topics Covered in this Diploma Program include:
- HR/personnel managers and specialists; technical and human or relationships aspects.
- The HR/personnel department, its sections, structure, functions, activities, staff and roles.
- HR/personnel policy and strategy, coordinating with managers and employees; culture.
- Scientific management, O & M studies and work studies, aiming for efficiency.
- Manpower planning and HR strategy.
- Job analysis, job descriptions, job structure and job design.
- Job evaluations, job ranking and grading.
- Workgroups, teams and team-building.
- Organisational structures and forms, charts, spans of control.
- Remuneration policy, benefits, systems and allowances; employment packages.
- Management roles, planning, forecasting, organising, motivating, controlling, budgeting.
- Communication and information, vertical and horizontal, internal and external.
- The principles of effective communication.
- Oral, written and electronic communications.
- Recruitment and selection, internal and external recuitment.
- Advertising new positions and posts, handling applications, conducting interviews, testing.
- Induction aims and activities, training and employee development, methods of training, employee assessments.
- Safety in the workplace, accident prevention; risk assessment.
- Employee security, staff welfare; medical facilities, health protection.
- Dealing with promotions, resignations and retirements; how to avoid unwanted resignations.
- Industrial relations: trade unions, staff associations.
- Industrial action, collective bargaining and joint consultation.
- Motivation: motivational theory and management style, the manager/employee relationship.
- Delegation and supervision; counselling, discipline, grievance procedures.
- HR/personnel records, labour turnover, stability index.
- Payroll, promotion, equal opportunity policy, flexitime.
- Computers and IT in the HR/personnel department, data protection.
- Learning organizations.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE MODEST CIC FEE
Your CIC Fee includes:-
- Your enrolment/registration with Cambridge International College, and your own high-quality, professionally produced and illustrated comprehensive International CIC Study & Training Publications.
- A detailed, professional ‘Study & Training Guide’ with full instructions on how to study to achieve success and gain top results. The Guide includes detailed advice on how to answer Self-Assessment Tests, Training Tests and Examinations.
- Self-Assessment Tests and Recommended Answers for them, and a Progress Chart.
- Two Progress/Training Tests (which can be used as ‘Past Papers/Questions’) with an optional Tutorial Support Service.
- The Final Examination sat under Invigilation/Supervision in your own area - full details, guidance and explanation of how your Examination will be arranged and how Invigilation is conducted will be provided when you register. Note, CIC arranges Examinations in over a hundred countries worldwide for thousands of Members every year; it is a flexible, straightforward process and will be arranged when YOU are ready to write your Examination.
- The prestigious Cambridge International College Diploma on successful completion of your Study & Training and on passing the Final Examination.
- Your personal page on CIC’s Member Services website with access to results, despatch details, advice and guidance, and more: www.cambridgeinternationalcollege.co.uk
- Regular information and news including: Newsletters with details of special offers and new Programs and much more; and Competition Forms; by email and post.
Everything needed for your Study & Training success is included in the CIC Fee.
- Further Study and Training Advice, and Assistance is available before, during and after CIC Study & Training; Members may ask CIC’s team of experienced Consultants for advice on further study and Programmes to improve career prospects and advancement.
- CIC’s experienced and helpful staff can assist with numerous special requests, such as reference/recommendation letters and transcripts, and more, by post and email.
- Employee Development Diploma 12 months (flexible)
- Human Resource Administration Honours Diploma 21 months (flexible)
- Management of Human Resources Mastery of Management Graduate Diploma One year (flexible)
- Human Resource Administration Executive Business Administration (EBA) 3 years (flexible)
- Health & Safety in the Workplace Diploma 12 months (flexible)
Human Resource (HR) and personnel management covers a wide and varied range of activities, affecting all aspects of an organisation and of course all of its personnel; men and women who are trained and knowledgeable in these matters will always be in demand and find employment and good positions in organisations. Additionally, anybody looking for promotion, or who has responsibility for work colleagues, or who is a manager of any kind, needs to have effective knowledge of how to handle personnel proficiently - and this Program provides that too.
This Program is also the pathway to higher and specialised or related studies in the HR/personnel field or in management generally.
Sign up to this course
Duration & Assessments
The Study Period is one year (12 months) but this is flexible; the Diploma can be completed in a shorter period, or you can take longer if necessary.READ MORE »
To gain your Diploma you need to sit and pass an Examination/Assessment. Full and clear details about this are provided to you, including in your Study & Training Guide, after you have enrolled. The clear information explains when, where and how your Examination/Assessment will be arranged - it is a simple and straightforward process, which hundreds of thousands of other Members have successfully gone through. If you study well, and follow the advice in the CIC Study & Training Guide, then you should be able to achieve high marks and good grades, and obtain your prestigious International Diploma!
(See the College Prospectus, or the “Frequently Asked Questions” section on the “Contact Us” page of this website, if you would like more information.)
An international accredited qualification for professional development and career success showing you have substantial skills, competence and knowledge.