Office Management & Administration
Learn how to efficiently organise, manage and administer the office and the workplace environment, including both personnel and office equipment and systems.
This very practical Program provides expert training on the most important duties of modern office managers, administrators, supervisors and personnel; it aims to produce office managers/administrators who can effectively and efficiently supervise services essential to the smooth running of the enterprise. The office and its personnel must be well managed, which requires training, supervision and control of personnel, equipment, and computer systems; and management of the communications network, the reception, the mailroom, cashiering, accounts work, stationery, office layout, and much more. This practical and useful Program covers all of this and more.
- Summary of major topics
- What is included
- Related courses
- Study & Career development
Major Topics Covered in this Diploma Program include:
- The functions of the office; range of activities.
- Duties and responsibilities of managers/administrators.
- Organisational structures, organisation charts, technical/human management.
- Organisation, and department objectives and policies.
- Office location, centralised and decentralised offices.
- Features and issues regarding layout and design of offices and workspaces.
- Environmental features of offices: heating/cooling, lighting, ventilation, cloakrooms.
- Office furniture, furnishings, decor.
- Accident prevention, noise reduction, safety measures and precautions.
- Personnel and managerial duties regarding health and safety.
- Office machines and equipment, copiers.
- Computer and IT systems, networks, databases, email, security and data protection.
- Word processing, desk top publishing, filing systems.
- Written/printed communications, business letters, memoranda, reports, documents.
- The design of written communications; codes: their features and key data.
- Staffing and employment: recruiting, job analysis, employee specifications, interviewing, inducting.
- Training, motivating, supervising, controlling, grading, ranking, remunerating, counselling.
- Trade unions and industrial relations, aims and purposes.
- Organisation and management (O & M) studies.
- Communication, telecommunications, incoming and outgoing mail, despatches.
- Managing meetings, producing agendas, taking and distributing minutes, managing conferences.
- The office reception, the roles and importance of receptionists.
- Financial matters, the principles of accounting.
- Cashiering, overseeing bank accounts, budgets and budgetary control.
- Employee development, promotion and development.
- Computerisation: what is involved, needs analysis, computer system specification; data security.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE MODEST CIC FEE
Your CIC Fee includes:-
- Your enrolment/registration with Cambridge International College, and your own high-quality, professionally produced and illustrated comprehensive International CIC Study & Training Publications.
- A detailed, professional ‘Study & Training Guide’ with full instructions on how to study to achieve success and gain top results. The Guide includes detailed advice on how to answer Self-Assessment Tests, Training Tests and Examinations.
- Self-Assessment Tests and Recommended Answers for them, and a Progress Chart.
- Two Progress/Training Tests (which can be used as ‘Past Papers/Questions’) with an optional Tutorial Support Service.
- The Final Examination sat under Invigilation/Supervision in your own area - full details, guidance and explanation of how your Examination will be arranged and how Invigilation is conducted will be provided when you register. Note, CIC arranges Examinations in over a hundred countries worldwide for thousands of Members every year; it is a flexible, straightforward process and will be arranged when YOU are ready to write your Examination.
- The prestigious Cambridge International College Diploma on successful completion of your Study & Training and on passing the Final Examination.
- Your personal page on CIC’s Member Services website with access to results, despatch details, advice and guidance, and more: www.cambridgeinternationalcollege.co.uk
- Regular information and news including: Newsletters with details of special offers and new Programs and much more; and Competition Forms; by email and post.
Everything needed for your Study & Training success is included in the CIC Fee.
- Further Study and Training Advice, and Assistance is available before, during and after CIC Study & Training; Members may ask CIC’s team of experienced Consultants for advice on further study and Programmes to improve career prospects and advancement.
- CIC’s experienced and helpful staff can assist with numerous special requests, such as reference/recommendation letters and transcripts, and more, by post and email.
- Business Administration Honours (Higher) Diploma 21 months (flexible)
- EXECUTIVE & SECRETARIAL ASSISTANCE Honours (Higher) Diploma 21 months (flexible)
- Management & Administration Honours (Higher) Diploma 21 months (flexible)
- Management & Administration (EBA) Executive Business Administration (EBA) 3 years (flexible)
- Human Resource Administration Honours (Higher) Diploma 21 months (flexible)
This Program covers a wide range of management, administration and supervisory matters, as well as focusing on a wide number of practical office issues and management practice. The knowledge and understanding from this Program allows access to higher studies in a wide range of managerial and administrative areas - including in personnel/HR and supervision - of study.
The knowledge and understanding provided by this Program is ideal for anybody working in, or looking for promotion to, higher levels in an office or work environment. It covers the knowledge which potential and current employers are seeking in those who are needed to manage an office or department, and for advancement within the organisation.
Sign up to this course
Duration & Assessments
The Study Period is one year (12 months) but this is flexible; the Diploma can be completed in a shorter period, or you can take longer if necessary.READ MORE »
To gain your Diploma you need to sit and pass an Examination/Assessment. Full and clear details about this are provided to you, including in your Study & Training Guide, after you have enrolled. The clear information explains when, where and how your Examination/Assessment will be arranged - it is a simple and straightforward process, which hundreds of thousands of other Members have successfully gone through. If you study well, and follow the advice in the CIC Study & Training Guide, then you should be able to achieve high marks and good grades, and obtain your prestigious International Diploma!
(See the College Prospectus, or the “Frequently Asked Questions” section on the “Contact Us” page of this website, if you would like more information.)
An international accredited qualification for professional development and career success showing you have substantial skills, competence and knowledge.