Event Management: Strategy & Planning
Train to become expert in event management, and in particular in the vital aspects of planning and managing event concepts, deciding upon event feasibility, and event management strategy.
This Program explains about the very many aspects that must be considered and which go into producing or managing a successful, effective event. It teaches about the strategies which are needed to ensure that an event - business, social, sporting or any other event - is correctly delivered and achieves its objectives. The Program explains how to manage and plan events, and covers assessing event concepts and feasibility, preparing commercial bids to run events, and how to manage budgets and finance for events; it deals with market, economic and political factors, and stakeholder relationships, and considers all aspects of event strategy, planning, and risk. This Program is very interesting and practical, and teaches event and project management skills valuable in a wide range of careers and managerial posts; it focuses on how to become a professional event manager and how to carry out the managerial role fully and effectively when involved in an event of any size.
- Summary of major topics
- What is included
- Related courses
- Study & Career development
Major Topics Covered in this Diploma Program include:
- The event industry, its structure and main operations.
- The range of events and their factors - event sizes, event types, the teams needed to run events.
- Technology and the different resources used in event planning; ethical considerations.
- Event concepts: establishing the objectives, themes and format of an event.
- Event analysis, strategic design aspects and the logisticals of running and delivering an event.
- Event feasibility; establishing the event context and its rationale.
- Identifying the requirements and opportunities of an event; event SWOT analysis.
- Planning for the operational needs of a project, developing project plans and recommendations.
- Implementing and evaluating plans and strategies for events.
- Analysing event venues; conducting site inspections, defining site requirements, preparing site maps.
- Dealing with the issues of regulatory compliance, legislation and law; insurance, licencing.
- Interacting with stakeholders and official bodies; setting policies, entering into contracts.
- Business and client relationships; the aims, reasons for and activities of negotiation, reaching agreement.
- Delivering quality customer service; reasons for and processes of making changes to plans.
- Marketing strategies, the event marketing mix, market segmentation and environment analysis for events.
- Looking for and arranging event sponsorship; sponsorship motives and needs; sponsor types and categories, merchandising factors in event management.
- Budget preparation and budgeting; preparing and monitoring cash flow analysis.
- Determining the break-even point, planning an income strategy.
- Accounting and financial control systems, financial and other reports.
- Conducting a business risk analysis and managing the elements of risk; implementing and monitoring risk strategies.
- Event bids: preparing bids for and tendering to manage events, preparing bid documentation.
- Applying for grants, preparing event success criteria.
Your CIC Fee includes:-
- Your enrolment/registration with Cambridge International College, and your own high-quality, professionally produced and illustrated comprehensive International CIC Core Study Publication.
- A detailed, professional ‘Study & Training Guide’ with full instructions on how to study to achieve success and gain top results. The Guide includes detailed advice on how to answer Tests and Examinations.
- Training Tests (which can be used as ‘Past Papers/Questions’) and Recommended Answers for them.
- The Final Examination sat under Invigilation/Supervision in your own area - full details, guidance and explanation of how your Examination will be arranged and how Invigilation is conducted will be provided when you register. Note, CIC arranges Examinations in over a hundred countries worldwide for thousands of Members every year; it is a flexible, straightforward process and will be arranged when YOU are ready to write your Examination. The prestigious Cambridge International College Diploma on successful completion of your Study & Training and on passing the Final Examination.
- Your personal page on CIC’s Member Services website with access to results, despatch details, advice and guidance, and more: www.cambridgeinternationalcollege.co.uk
- Regular information and news including: Newsletters with details of special offers and new Programs and much more; and Competition Forms; by email and post.
- Everything needed for your Study & Training success is included in the CIC Fee.
- Further Study and Training Advice, and Assistance is available before, during and after CIC Study & Training; Members may ask CIC’s team of experienced Consultants for advice on further study and Programmes to improve career prospects and advancement.
- CIC’s experienced and helpful staff can assist with numerous special requests, such as reference/recommendation letters and transcripts, and more, by post and email.
- Event Management: Operations & Logistics Diploma 12 months (flexible)
- Project Management Diploma 12 months (flexible)
- Event Management for Tourism, Business, Sport Mastery of Management Graduate Diploma One year (flexible)
- Project Administration Executive Business Administration (EBA) 3 years (flexible)
This Program covers all of the skills needed for the successful planning of events, and preparing and implementing the strategies to ensure event success. The field of event management is growing rapidly, covering key aspects of project management, and including skills and ability important in a very, very wide range of business, commercial, private and public fields; such skills are looked for by employers in employees destined for successful careers.
Related and further event management and project management studies at various levels are available with CIC in this popular and growing field.
Sign up to this course
Duration & Assessments
The Study Period is one year (12 months) but this is flexible; the Diploma can be completed in a shorter period, or you can take longer if necessary.READ MORE »
To gain your Diploma you need to sit and pass an Examination/Assessment. Full and clear details about this are provided to you, including in your Study & Training Guide, after you have enrolled. The clear information explains when, where and how your Examination/Assessment will be arranged - it is a simple and straightforward process, which hundreds of thousands of other Members have successfully gone through. If you study well, and follow the advice in the CIC Study & Training Guide, then you should be able to achieve high marks and good grades, and obtain your prestigious International Diploma!
(See the College Prospectus, or the “Frequently Asked Questions” section on the “Contact Us” page of this website, if you would like more information.)
An international accredited qualification for professional development and career success showing you have substantial skills, competence and knowledge.