Event Management: Operations & Logistics
A Program designed to produce professional event managers with the operational skills required to successfully run events and projects, including in the logistics of setting up and clearing away an event.
Event management is challenging from an operational viewpoint, with all elements needing to be carefully synchronised. An event manager needs to implement events with attention to every detail, to avoid mistakes which could have serious repercussions. This Program deals with the detailed operational management required for successful events, and the project management aspects of events, including the logistics of setting up an event and breaking it down afterwards. It covers in detail such important topics as production and staging; the many staffing, human resource and staff training aspects, and the people management skills, abilities and requirements which an event manager must deal with; event safety and security, spectator management, protocol, catering and waste management, and also event promotion and evaluation. It is a thorough, well-explained and easy-to-understand Program full of practical advice on conducting events successfully and becoming a professional event manager. (We advise studying the ‘sister’ Program on Event Strategy & Planning before this Program.)
- Summary of major topics
- What is included
- Related courses
- Study & Career development
Major Topics Covered in this Diploma Program include:
- Project management principles in event management.
- Establishing the event mission, preparing a statement, defining aims and objectives.
- Preparing the event proposal; planning tools and technology.
- Promotion and public relations, publicity activities.
- Creating the right event image, branding and promotional activities.
- Event staging, factors concerning the choice of the event site, arranging rehearsals.
- Logistics of event management, arranging the various services and provision needed.
- Dealing with contractors and caterers; arranging accommodation and the factors involved.
- Human resource management, preparing organisation charts and job descriptions.
- Recruitment and preparing training of event staff; legalities of employment.
- People performance, providing leadership, managing teams, motivation of staff.
- Conducting training, group development.
- Communicating and communication channels.
- On-site services and the management of them, setting and monitoring performance standards.
- The site set-up, designating and planning the main function areas, site logistics.
- Safety, security and risk assessment; health and safety training and compliance with safety rules.
- Safety meetings, reporting incidents and accidents.
- Crowd procedures, spectator management, special concerns of mass gatherings.
- First aid services, emergency plans and procedures.
- Event protocol, precedence, titles and addressing VIPs, formal dress occasions.
- Official and special speakers, arranging seating plans.
- Managing the expectations of different cultures.
- Event catering, food preparation and service, beverage service, catering contracts, food safety.
- Environmental management, waste management, sanitary facilities, environmental considerations.
- Careers in the changing event and project management environment, job opportunities, career skills.
Your CIC Fee includes:-
- Your enrolment/registration with Cambridge International College, and your own high-quality, professionally produced and illustrated comprehensive International CIC Core Study Publication.
- A detailed, professional ‘Study & Training Guide’ with full instructions on how to study to achieve success and gain top results. The Guide includes detailed advice on how to answer Tests and Examinations.
- Training Tests (which can be used as ‘Past Papers/Questions’) and Recommended Answers for them.
- The Final Examination sat under Invigilation/Supervision in your own area - full details, guidance and explanation of how your Examination will be arranged and how Invigilation is conducted will be provided when you register. Note, CIC arranges Examinations in over a hundred countries worldwide for thousands of Members every year; it is a flexible, straightforward process and will be arranged when YOU are ready to write your Examination. The prestigious Cambridge International College Diploma on successful completion of your Study & Training and on passing the Final Examination.
- Your personal page on CIC’s Member Services website with access to results, despatch details, advice and guidance, and more: www.cambridgeinternationalcollege.co.uk
- Regular information and news including: Newsletters with details of special offers and new Programs and much more; and Competition Forms; by email and post.
- Everything needed for your Study & Training success is included in the CIC Fee.
- Further Study and Training Advice, and Assistance is available before, during and after CIC Study & Training; Members may ask CIC’s team of experienced Consultants for advice on further study and Programmes to improve career prospects and advancement.
- CIC’s experienced and helpful staff can assist with numerous special requests, such as reference/recommendation letters and transcripts, and more, by post and email.
- Health & Safety in the Workplace Diploma 12 months (flexible)
- Event Management: Strategy & Planning Diploma 12 months (flexible)
- Project Management Diploma 12 months (flexible)
- Human Resource & Personnel Management Diploma 12 months (flexible)
- Hospitality & Events Administration Executive Business Administration (EBA) 3 years (flexible)
This Program reaches and explains a wide range of crucial skills needed to ensure a successful event is achieved and to become a successful event manager. The Program focuses on the important issues of professionally running an event and its operational needs, as well as explaining about important human resource issues and how to manage them, and covering key aspects of project management. These skills and abilities are valued not only in event and project management, but in many planning, operational, general commercial and government positions, and managerial posts generally.
Related and further event management and project management studies at various levels are available with CIC in this popular and growing field.
Sign up to this course
Duration & Assessments
The Study Period is one year (12 months) but this is flexible; the Diploma can be completed in a shorter period, or you can take longer if necessary.READ MORE »
To gain your Diploma you need to sit and pass an Examination/Assessment. Full and clear details about this are provided to you, including in your Study & Training Guide, after you have enrolled. The clear information explains when, where and how your Examination/Assessment will be arranged - it is a simple and straightforward process, which hundreds of thousands of other Members have successfully gone through. If you study well, and follow the advice in the CIC Study & Training Guide, then you should be able to achieve high marks and good grades, and obtain your prestigious International Diploma!
(See the College Prospectus, or the “Frequently Asked Questions” section on the “Contact Us” page of this website, if you would like more information.)
An international accredited qualification for professional development and career success showing you have substantial skills, competence and knowledge.