Honours Diploma on
Banking, Finance and Management
A Programme which provides detailed and interesting knowledge and understanding on the important career areas of banking, finance, business and management.
A popular Programme which provides specialist knowledge of banking and financial management, with a solid understanding or many important aspects of business and advanced management and administration. The possession of an Honours Group Diploma demonstrates knowledge and ability and indicates that the holder has the competence, understanding and potential to become a successful senior manager, administrator or executive in his or her chosen area of study, and in general industry, management, business, banking, finance and other career vocations.
- Summary of major topics
- What is included
- Related courses
- Study & Career development
The Programme comprises of four key ‘courses’:-
- Business Management & Administration
- Financial Management
- Advanced Management & Administration Theory & Practice
Summarised details of each course comprising this Honours Diploma:
- Banking; savings, money and loans; financial intermediaries and markets.
- Explaining the roles and activities of banking.
- An overview of different aspects of banking.
- Retail banking; transferring money, lending and scoring, and other retail bank services.
- Corporate banking: lending, and other key activities; interest rates.
- How banks operate, liquidity and reserves.
- Asset and liability management.
- Bank financial statements.
- Investment banking: services to companies and governments.
- Investment banking: market trading activities.
- Mutuals and Finance Houses, factoring and leasing.
- International banking; banking across borders.
- Banking in the UK, Europe, North and South America, Asia, Australasia, the Middle East, Africa.
- Instruments and markets: debt and futures markets; swaps and options; foreign exchange markets.
- Central banking and regulation Monetary policy.
BUSINESS MANAGEMENT & ADMINISTRATION
- Capital and the financing of businesses, sources of capital, share issues.
- Working capital, cash and funds flow; revenue, income, expenditure, overheads.
- Business units: sole-proprietors, partnership firms, limited liability companies.
- Board of Directors, formation, responsibilities and duties.
- Business organisation; structure, reporting, spans of control.
- Business environment, trading enterprises; factors in business location.
- Planning and forecasting in business, the business plan; starting or taking over a business.
- Budgeting and budgetary control, the master budget and sub-budgets.
- Management of personnel: recruiting, selecting, inducting, training, controlling, remunerating.
- Motivation, human resources; health and safety in the workplace, communication, job analysis.
- Principles of selling, sales and marketing management, market research, sales promotion, pricing policy.
- Office management, office organisation, set-up, equipment, data and information.
- Production management, production methods, materials handling.
- Credit, credit control, credit limits and bad debts; discounts: trade, quantity, others.
- Stock and inventory control, stocktaking. Purchasing and resourcing, suppliers.
- Financial accounting, books of account, interpretation, accounting ratios.
- Nature and importance of capital investment decisions; resources involved.
- Investment appraisal methods, accounting rate of return (ARR), return on capital employed (ROCE), payback period.
- Net present value (NPV), risk in investment appraisal, calculating and using probabilities.
- Impact of interest and inflation, premiums; considering wealth.
- Investment in practice and reality, logical investors.
- The cost of capital; review and control for capital expenditure projects, decision management, audit.
- Short-term finance, gearing, factoring, discounting.
- Sources of finance: internal, external, profits, credit control.
- Long-term finance, the stock exchange, primary and secondary markets, stock listing.
- Shares, share issues, debentures, small business finance, venture capital, funding, business angels, Government.
- Managing working capital, definition, elements, scale of capital.
- Managing stocks, stock ordering systems, MRQ, JIT, inventory models.
- Budgeting for demand, financial ratios, debtor and credit control.
- The working capital cycle; discounts, collection policies, settlement period.
- Cash management and budgets, the cash cycle.
- Policies for working capital control; balance, banking, overdrafts.
ADVANCED MANAGEMENT & ADMINISTRATION THEORY & PRACTICE
- The evolution of management theory, principles of management.
- The classical and early theorists; Fayol, Weber, Taylor, Mayo, scientific management, authority, discipline, modern developments.
- Organisational theory: objectives, categories, ownership, environmental factors and interaction.
- Open and closed systems theory.
- Coordination, cooperation, structure, control.
- Communication theory.
- Organisational structures, planning, growth, development, organisation charts, systems diagrams.
- Duties and responsibilities of executives, delegation, responsibility.
- Mission, vision, values, MBWA.
- Motivational theory: human relations, social psychology; self-realisation, motivation-hygiene, expectancy theory.
- Argyis, Maslow, McGregor, Likert, Herzberg, Vroom, Handy; intrinsic and extrinsic factors.
- Leadership theory: traits, style, contingency; theorists.
- Building workgroups, group behaviour, norms, cohesiveness.
- Managing change, culture, Moss Kanter, learning organisations, entrepreneurship.
- Strategic management; Fayol, Chandler, Andrews, Ansoff, BCG, Porter, SWOT, barriers to entry, industrial competitiveness.
- Corporate objectives, policies, business ethics, social responsibilities.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE FEE FOR THIS HONOURS GROUP DIPLOMA PROGRAMME
Your CIC Fee includes:-
- Your enrolment/registration with Cambridge International College, and your own high-quality, professionally produced and illustrated comprehensive International CIC Core Study Publications for each of the four (4) ‘courses’ of study.
- CIC’s detailed, professional ‘Study & Training Guide’ with full instructions on how to study to achieve success and gain top results. The Guide includes detailed advice on how to answer Tests and Examinations.
- Training Tests, Questions and Exercises (which can be used as ‘Past Papers/Questions’), and Recommended Answers for most of them.
- An Examination set for each of the 4 core courses; each Examination is sat under Invigilation/Supervision in your own area - full details, guidance and explanation of how your Examinations will be arranged and how Invigilation is conducted will be provided when you register. Note, CIC arranges Examinations in over a hundred countries worldwide for thousands of Members every year; it is a flexible, straightforward process and will be arranged when YOU are ready to write your Examination.
- A prestigious Cambridge International College Diploma on successful completion of Study & Training and on passing the Examination for EACH of the 4 core courses, PLUS the International Honours Group Diploma when all 4 courses have been completed - this is a total of 4 awards - 4 individual Diplomas plus the Honours Diploma.
- Your personal page on CIC’s Member Services website with access to results, despatch details, advice and guidance, and more: www.cambridgeinternationalcollege.co.uk
- Regular information and news including: Newsletters with details of special offers and new Programs and much more; and Competition Forms; by email and post.
- Everything needed for your Study & Training success is included in the CIC Fee.
- Further Study and Training Advice, and Assistance is available before, during and after CIC Study & Training; Members may ask CIC’s team of experienced Consultants for advice on further study and Programmes to improve career prospects and advancement.
- CIC’s experienced and helpful staff can assist with numerous special requests, such as reference/recommendation letters and transcripts, and more, by post and email.
- Accounting & Finance in Business & Management Diploma 12 months (flexible)
- Finance & Investment Administration Executive Business Administration (EBA) 3 years (flexible)
- Accounting & Administration Executive Business Administration (EBA) 3 years (flexible)
- Money, Banking & Financial Systems Mastery of Management Graduate Diploma One year (flexible)
CIC Members who have completed Honours Diplomas have gained career success, recognition, promotion and better employment, salaries and benefits - in business, finance, banking and many other areas. This Honours Diploma Programme is the path to career success and high positions for a very wide range of banking, accounting, financial management, business and related areas, and the advanced management and administration subjects covered in the programme provide the motivational, leadership, managerial and strategic knowledge needed to become a successful manager, administrator, executive and leader.
The Programme also provides access to higher studies in finance, accounting, business and management, including CIC’s Baccalaureate and Executive Business Administration programmes, and to degree and other studies with other institutions worldwide.
Sign up to this course
Duration & Assessments
The standard Study Period is 21 to 24 months, but this is flexible; the course can be completed in a shorter period, or longer if required.READ MORE »
To gain your Honours Diploma you need to sit and pass a written Examination/Assessment on each of the 4 Subjects in your Honours Diploma ‘group’. Full and clear details about this are provided to you, including in your personal Study & Training Guide, after you have enrolled. The clear information explains when, where and how your Examination/Assessment will be arranged - it is a simple and straightforward process, which hundreds of thousands of other Members have successfully gone through. If you study well and follow the advice in the CIC Study & Training Guide, then you should be able to achieve your prestigious Honours Diploma in good time!
(See the “WHAT IS INCLUDED” section for this Course, and/or the “FAQs - Frequently Asked Questions” section of this website, if you would like more information.)
Four Diplomas AND the Honours Diploma, certifying you have demonstrated high levels of knowledge, and possess work expertise in banking, finance and business.