A Program about how to manage personal and company assets effectively, profitably and carefully, which teaches about investment theory, managing risk, and management of funds.
This Program teaches about tangible and intangible assets, investments, and the work of asset, investment and fund managers. It explains how to forecast and understand market trends, analyse markets, plan to maximise investment returns, and how to manage equity, bond and other assets and portfolios. It also explains how to develop strong market and investment strategies.
- Summary of major topics
- What is included
- Related courses
- Study & Career development
- Fixed assets as working assets; current, circulating and floating assets, the circulation of current assets.
- Liquid assets, liquidity management, solvency, the working capital cycle; trade debtors, credit control.
- Intangible assets: intellectual property, goodwill, copyrights, patents. Financial instruments: equity, debt.
- Securities; investments: deposits, gilt-edged securities, stocks and shares, dividends, returns.
- Physical asset management: selecting fixed assets, raising finance for purchases, depreciation.
- Leasing/contract hire/rental, sale and lease back, hire purchase, credit agreements, maintenance.
- Investment businesses, range of activities, duties and responsibilities of investment managers.
- The asset management industry, organisation: dealing, cash management, the back office.
- Modern portfolio theory; economic data, growth, interest rates. Compliance, systems, data requirements.
- Equities, bonds and the money market, derivatives, property; dividends and equity returns.
- Fund management: equity, fixed interest, currencies. Performance returns, reporting and analysis.
- Investment accounting, making settlements. Quantitative analysis. Security and market analysis.
Your CIC Fee includes:-
- Your enrolment/registration with Cambridge International College, and your own high-quality, professionally produced and illustrated comprehensive International CIC Core Study Publication.
- A detailed, professional ‘Study & Training Guide’ with full instructions on how to study to achieve success and gain top results. The Guide includes detailed advice on how to answer Tests and Examinations.
- Practice Questions, Tests and Activities (which can be used as ‘Past Papers/Questions’) and Recommended Answers for them.
- The Final Examination sat under Invigilation/Supervision in your own area - full details, guidance and explanation of how your Examination will be arranged and how Invigilation is conducted will be provided when you register. Note, CIC arranges Examinations in over a hundred countries worldwide for thousands of Members every year; it is a flexible, straightforward process and will be arranged when YOU are ready to write your Examination. The prestigious Cambridge International College Diploma on successful completion of your Study & Training and on passing the Final Examination.
- Your personal page on CIC’s Member Services website with access to results, despatch details, advice and guidance, and more: www.cambridgeinternationalcollege.co.uk
- Regular information and news including: Newsletters with details of special offers and new Programs and much more; and Competition Forms; by email and post.
Everything needed for your Study & Training success is included in the CIC Fee.
- Further Study and Training Advice, and Assistance is available before, during and after CIC Study & Training; Members may ask CIC’s team of experienced Consultants for advice on further study and Programmes to improve career prospects and advancement.
- CIC’s experienced and helpful staff can assist with numerous special requests, such as reference/recommendation letters and transcripts, and more, by post and email.
- Accounting & Finance in Business & Management Diploma 12 months (flexible)
- Financial Management Diploma 12 months (flexible)
- Finance & Investment Administration Executive Business Administration (EBA) 3 years (flexible)
- Business Finance & Investment Mastery of Management Graduate Diploma One year (flexible)
The course is ideal for investors, brokers, analysts and others involved in asset management and portfolio management, and for those who need to explain to customers how the markets and investment strategies work. It relates theory to actual practical work, including strategy, management, dealing and office work relating to asset management.
The program opens up a wide range of career opportunities, and relevant studies in finance, investment and similar areas.
Sign up to this course
Duration & Assessments
The Study Period is one year (12 months) but this is flexible; the Diploma can be completed in a shorter period, or you can take longer if necessary.READ MORE »
To gain your Diploma you need to sit and pass an Examination/Assessment. Full and clear details about this are provided to you, including in your Study & Training Guide, after you have enrolled. The clear information explains when, where and how your Examination/Assessment will be arranged - it is a simple and straightforward process, which hundreds of thousands of other Members have successfully gone through. If you study well, and follow the advice in the CIC Study & Training Guide, then you should be able to achieve high marks and good grades, and obtain your prestigious International Diploma!
(See the College Prospectus, or the “Frequently Asked Questions” section on the “Contact Us” page of this website, if you would like more information.)
An international accredited qualification for professional development and career success showing you have substantial skills, competence and knowledge.